Everything posted by voodoochylde
-
Grey Cup Halftime Show is Fall Out Boy
For a second there I thought you meant The Band... which would be awesome... although I don't believe they are still together... Back in 2000 I believe the Guess Who's instruments were pre-recorded while Burt did sing live. Something about the cold affecting guitars? The cold weather would absolutely affect the tuning... legit reason in my books This would make it worth the price of the ticket... but I'm not holding my breath.... Foo Fighters would be a major coup .. would be awesome for the league and for Winnipeg .. but I have my doubts this is happening.
-
Penton: Wade Miller already recruiting assistant coaches for next year
Totally probable .. but folks around these parts can't burn anyone at the stake if that's the case.
-
Question for Do or Die
Bombay Sapphire with tonic .. Caorunn neat ..
-
Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion
Damn the Illuminati.
-
Election 2015
To be fair, in a three party (more) system .. a single party getting 40% of the vote is an incredible accomplishment and a solid mandate to be sure.
-
Last chance saloon ...
That is correct......When is the last 5-13 team to make the playoffs lol. When was the last time a 5-13 team went on to the Grey Cup? Not saying it would happen but what a laugh that would be.
-
Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed
Shouldn't he design the O around Drew Willy's skill set? And be competent enough to make adjustments in his scheme if personnel change due to injury or circumstance. Enough of trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole.
-
Ti-Cats Als. Game
tried that already.... NFL isn't much better. Although I like seeing Adrian Peterson get 8 carries for minus one yard. Alex Smith and Chiefs are brutal. one yard passing after first quarter. I enjoyed seeing Glenn turtle after a sack. I might miss glenn when he's gone. Embrace the power of NFL Sunday Ticket my son ..
-
Bombers vs RedBlacks (and Jovon's chirp)
My simple two minutes before I have to run to a meeting post: Their defense was solid last season as well .. that side of the ball has played well under Nelson .. this offseason, they made a significant splash by acquiring a number of solid receivers .. drops, by and large last year, killed that team offensively .. I also think that, after the rough start to the season, Burris is playing remarkably well. He's managed to stay healthy and they are taking advantage of teams who have seen their starting pivot go down. That said, do I think they are a much better team than the Bombers? No. Not at all. I think we are held back by lackluster line play and a coordinator whose game plans are more often miss than hit.
-
Grey Cup Ticket Sales
You might just get your wish the way things are going. Dogs chasing frisbees it is then. Heh.
-
It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...
You don't say ..
-
Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion
Second round pick for Hamilton's record?
-
Playoff tickets
BC and Winnipeg cannot mathematically host a playoff game. Edmonton and Calgary have it tied up. Best either team can do is 3rd in the West. Okay. Thanks. The question was asked of O'Shea tonight and he was baffled. You're clearly more on the ball then me and O'Shea tonight. Feel free to delete this thread No .. you shall forever wear the shame of your idle speculation. STICKY THIS!
-
Bombers add WR Jace Davis & RB Steven Miller to PR
Washington has struggled this year. I don't think that can be argued. Whether it's chemistry / communication issues with Adams or simply a change in play style born out of the offseason rule changes, he's not made a tangible impact this season. Can he be a playmaker? Absolutely. Has he demonstrated that this season? Absolutely not.
-
Lets go argos
It amazes me to think that if we simply take care of business down the stretch, we can be in the playoffs .. that we are in the picture now is amazing. Montreal won't be doing much offensively .. that side of the ball is a mess.
-
Odds and Sods - Game 15 Winnipeg Blue Bombers at BC Lions
I know but you need backups. If Bastien gets injured, no Canadian WR to step in. It's doable but leaves us very thin.I don't see why we can't sign a Kito Poblah or Jade Etienne to stand on the side lines and look pretty in case of an injury.I thought it was reported (albeit here, so take that for what it's worth) that jade was done with football... I'd be interested in seeing what Poblah would do as a jersey filler... too bad that rifles kid didn't work out... Forgot about him, wonder if that Reaves kid is still around. Still can't understand why the Bombers didn't make room for him on the PR. Because he was more of a project that any of our recent draft picks?
-
Lets go argos
Hate seeing Henoc make plays for the Als ..
-
It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...
But he's friendly with the media so that means something, right?
-
Bombers Cut Chevon Walker
He almost fielded a kickoff that one time ..that was pretty exciting
-
It's time to talk about the CFL draft
I'd settle for a draft (under Walters) where we surprise nobody ..
-
Bombers Cut Chevon Walker
Color me surprised ...
-
Lirim Hajrullahu
Yeah, that'll absolutely help his confidence....good call. We're in the business of winning football games and he's now cost us at least two. **** his confidence. Couldn't agree more. Why are we suddenly treating players like fragile babies? They're professional athletes who are paid to make plays. Lirim's performance was unacceptable. I wouldn't cut him but he needs to take a seat on the bench. If he can't respond from being cut, how will he ever be able to respond with big kicks? They should be bringing in guys who can do the job. Why must we be so invested in a kicker simply because he's Canadian? He's either good enough .. consistent enough .. to do the job or he isn't. Give me one person who can do all three jobs .. I don't care if they are Canadian, American or Martian. Just put the ball through the ******* uprights with some regularity. He did. Last season. More then any other kicker in bomber history percentage wise. He can do the job. Its up to oshea and walters to find out what went wrong. Oh, and we are vested in him because he has shown hes skilled AND Canadian kickers are valuable. Also, we dont want another peredes situation.. Except this one would be worse as we developed him.. One season does not make a track record. One season can be seen as an outlier or a fluke. You know what's valuable to this franchise? Wins. You know what's valuable to this team on game day? A player who can be depended on .. whose mere appearance on the field doesn't illicit cat calls from 25000 people in the stands. At the end of the day, he's a ******* kicker. He's a ******* kicker who is costing us games. He's a ******* kicker who has been so wildly inconsistent this season that if he WASN'T a non-import, he'd have been shown the door. To everyone reading this post, I'm sorry. I'm not usually the one to drop F-Bombs in a thread but we are talking about a kicker .. and a guy who is routinely shitting the bed .. he's not a sacred cow.
-
Lirim Hajrullahu
Yeah, that'll absolutely help his confidence....good call. We're in the business of winning football games and he's now cost us at least two. **** his confidence. Couldn't agree more. Why are we suddenly treating players like fragile babies? They're professional athletes who are paid to make plays. Lirim's performance was unacceptable. I wouldn't cut him but he needs to take a seat on the bench. If he can't respond from being cut, how will he ever be able to respond with big kicks? They should be bringing in guys who can do the job. Why must we be so invested in a kicker simply because he's Canadian? He's either good enough .. consistent enough .. to do the job or he isn't. Give me one person who can do all three jobs .. I don't care if they are Canadian, American or Martian. Just put the ball through the ******* uprights with some regularity.
-
Half time adjustment suggestion
Yup, for sure. Ever since Nichols got here we've seen some improvement in the playcalling. The play calling hasn't improved .. we've simply seen competent play (in stretches) from the QB position. The game planning and play calling .. in game adjustments .. are as inconsistent as they've ever been.
-
Lirim Hajrullahu
Ha-rouge-llahu hasn't earned anything from a single year of success in the CFL .. if it wasn't for his passport, he'd have been sent packing long ago. It's a joke that he's allowed to miss kick after kick and still be allowed to trot out onto the field.