Everything posted by Deiter Fan
-
CFL Award Nominee Finalists
In case anyone wants to hear it from his own mouth
-
Grey Cup - Game Week Thread
That’s certainly one way of looking at it. Another way would be he minimized completions by hanging on to the ball too long.
-
Grey Cup - Game Week Thread
No, but he did throw the ball away a lot. Not sure I’ve ever seen a qb throw the ball out of bounds as much as Nichols did.
-
Grey Cup - Game Week Thread
I still have the CFL Wired episode for that cup game and my gawd was he a whiney little batch.
-
Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
That’s an apt description of the reserve down the highway from my small town. The way some treat their dogs is despicable. When they tire of them they drive them into town, drop them off and assume someone will take them in. Fortunately, more often than not, they’re right. It’s how I wound up with the one I have now. One might think that some of the support they receive could be used for spaying and neutering.
-
Argonauts @ Roughriders Saturday early GDT
“If you aren't careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing” - Malcolm X
-
Friday Night Football - Bombers at Leos: GDT
That George Reed holographic tribute at the end of the game was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.
-
Argos at Bombers GDT
What's causing him to feel like he needs to force it? With his, and other QBs, happy feet there's a reason...an oline allowing him to get hammered. There's usually an action/reaction reason for these things, I would think. So what's the reason for the forcing it reaction? Lack of confidence in Buck making the perceived correct play calls? Not having faith in the rest of the offense? Forcing it smells of desperation. If so why might he feel that way?
-
Bombers @ TiCats: GDT
I know this is typical commentary for the coach and there was a time where I may have said to myself that even though the response is lukewarm, behind the scenes I'm sure he's spitting fire. Now...as bizarre as it sounds...I wonder which of us is deluded. Me for thinking we have rather pressing issues that need to be addressed, or him for seemingly not thinking there are any that a short memory and a week off won't cure. "...It happened, and I think the most important thing now is for the guys to get on their break and forget about it and get some rest. It’s one of those games. It doesn’t mean we don’t have a good football team.” https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/09/16/game-recap-wpg-23-ham-29/
-
Bombers @ TiCats: GDT
So much this. Been following this team since I was a kid in the 70s. As a kid there were many heartbreaks with teams that had so much potential but came up empty. It might have been easier to take had the potential not been there...but the squandering of potential is always sad. John Daly comes to mind. So much potential and talent seemingly squandered. I came into this season filled with that notion of a team with so much potential to right the wrong of last year's GC. The re-signing of important vets...the return of Lawler...the potential of another Wpg born back, etc... Instead we're getting this schizophrenic team who doesn't seem to know who it is from week to week...world beaters or potential-squanderers? I can take the down/rebuilding years...it's all part of the game...but watching these guys come out flat, giving up early leads and either having to scrap back to win...or lose...to inferior teams really p*sses me off. Combine that with some of the most incompetent officiating I can remember and I'm a frustrated camper. I'll be the first to admit I don't have the football acumen that some on here do but I can't help but lay the blame for this frustration at the feet of coaches. Yeah professionals should be able to get themselves fired up/prepared for games but damn it, it's up to coaches to MAKE SURE that's happening. If the only thing firing you up for a game is losing the previous game...well that doesn't seem like a recipe for success
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Am I reading this correctly... Friday's games overlap and 3 of 4 TSN channels pickup the 2nd game already in progress? Just when I think TSN can't be any more dismissive of the CFL...smfh.
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
As a devout, unenlightened follower of this team our offensive success seems like a no-brainer to me. We have the best running back, the best qb, elite receivers and a high quality short yardage qb Run for 4-5...throw for 4-5...sneak for 1...throw deep occasionally...repeat til the opponent is demoralized When we struggle I am completely flabbergasted.
-
Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
People in glass houses might as well answer the door.
-
Riders at Bombers -BANJO BOWL 2023 GTD-
Get her some noise cancelling headphones...protect her hearing and innocence...a solid 2fer
-
Riders at Bombers -BANJO BOWL 2023 GTD-
One of the things on my list of things more enjoyable than the panel... ...shaving my head with a cheese grater while chewing on aluminum foil
-
Riders at Bombers -BANJO BOWL 2023 GTD-
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-
Super Saturday Als vs Argos GDT
Any idea who Dinwiddie was talking to/about when caught on hot mic saying, "You guys ruined this fng league"
- Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders
- Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders
- Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders
- Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders
-
Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders
The penalty was actually called on 9 (Walker)...not 99...and I didn't see anything warranting a flag on 9. The penalty wasn't roughing the passer...it was unnecessary roughness. In short I have no idea who the penalty was actually on or what it was for. Getting pretty fn fed up with CFL officiating
-
Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders
- Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.