Everything posted by Eternal optimist
-
3 stars + HH BC edition.
I still don't understand how you make that call on 3rd and 15 though. Trick plays inherently won't work 100% of the time, but even if Jones makes that catch, he still has to get 15...
-
Bombers @ Lions: Game Day Thread (07/21/17)
Tough loss; but honestly we stole one last year at home in the regular season on Harris' ghost-fumble. We gave it back to B.C. this year by once again failing to close out the game.
-
3 stars + HH BC edition.
If this was the case, then maybe Medlock was trying to do too much tonight to redeem himself for the playoff loss last year. O'Shea took the heat for it though. Whether Medlock actually went rogue or the coaching staff called a fake on 3rd and 15, I guess we'll never know.
- There Once Was a Woman...
- Your CFL Haiku of the Game
-
3 stars + HH BC edition.
1. Darvin Adams - was a beast 2. Special teams - Played well, they had that one terrible fake punt call, but that's a coaching issue not really on the players. 3. Medlock - Hope he doesn't get blamed too much for that miss, I think we've been spoiled by his consistency, and his punts were good. Plus the trick play (the converted one) was all on him. HH - Harris - When he was used, he was effective. Unfortunately that was never.
- EDMONTON ESKIMOS @ HAMILTON TIGER-CATS
- EDMONTON ESKIMOS @ HAMILTON TIGER-CATS
- MONTREAL @ OTTAWA
- There Once Was a Woman...
-
Lock of the Week 5
Manny Arceneux.
- There Once Was a Woman...
-
Is It Time To Professionalize Our Refs
I understand your frustration, but I think referees deserve a bit more respect than you're giving them. I think the biggest problem as it stands is the challenge system with the PI/IC calls. Maybe it is just me, but most of the bad calls / non-calls I've seen this year have come from the command center - an area totally out of control of the referees on the field.
- There Once Was a Woman...
-
Friday Night Football
Deer in the headlights.
-
Friday Night Football
Ottawa unraveling...
-
Friday Night Football
Montreal looks like a team that can grind teams down with their running game and stifling D... Durant doesn't have to put up big numbers... just has to string first downs together and help them hang around. Also a bit of a weird one as Calgary didn't have much of a running game after Messam hulked out.
-
Friday Night Football
Way to go MTL - lets go Redblacks...
-
Friday Night Football
Their away jerseys are red-and-white... Canada's version of "Where's Waldo?"
-
Friday Night Football
I don't think they will, but I would love to see Calgary fall from grace this year. They have way too many players that are obnoxiously smug.
-
Friday Night Football
Shout out to everyone that picked him for their lock of the week.
-
Friday Night Football
For rough play ... shouldn't he be ejected from EVERY GAME then? Runs like a mack truck.
- Odds and Sods - Argos at Bombers
-
Game Day Driving Experience
This. So much this... I don't know about anyone else, but I've seen a lot of disgruntled or aggressive drivers muscle their way past volunteers or into places they shouldn't be going. It is only a matter of time before either a volunteer or pedestrian gets hurt, or there is a fender bender in the parking lot itself, which would really slow things down. I think one of the best things I saw was a volunteer dealt with an aggressive driver by going over to his vehicle and putting her butt right on his front bumper - he couldn't move, and she was still able to wave everyone else (the people actually waiting in line) through still. If there is one thing that ticks me off with the volunteers, is they tend to just let aggressive drivers get their way, which kind of fuels the problem... can't really blame them though I mean they're not getting paid (I think they might get free tickets to the game?) and it sounds like a pretty terrible gig.
-
Did u notice
Not to mention doing stuff like that is a good way to get fired as a coach. Its no different than how the majority of teams go for 1 point on the convert... sure if you get the 2 you look like a genius, but in most scenarios the risk just isn't worth the reward.