Week 4 Games - Wed (Ott @ TO) , Fri (Ham @ Mtl) & Sat (BC @ SK)

Jacquie

22 minutes ago, Stickem said:

This ought to shut up some of the big mouths in Sask. who were reveling in our incompetence....loser meet bigger loser....you pick it.

And yet their backup quarterback looked way better than our number one, and the Riders were in the game right to the end. Those who have been longing for Durant, behold his brittleness. He's not the answer, either.

I know our qb situation is giving you guys some amusement but we'll be fine. DD out 1 or 2 games and Gale looks fine. The Riders are playing like crap on many fronts, but qb isn't the issue. Gale played good, key drops by Roosevelt, Chiles, and Bagg and bad times hurt us. No running game hurt us. All 3 starting Canadians on our oline out hurt us. It was when Labatte took the nasty knee to back of head that things went south for us. DD hurt on dirty shot, what a surprise. Brooks takes 3 nasty shots on our qbs and we have to challenge just to get a call, looks bad on the league whether you hate the riders or not. I'm not happy about a lot of things I seen from the Riders that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I know our qb situation is giving you guys some amusement but we'll be fine. DD out 1 or 2 games and Gale looks fine. The Riders are playing like crap on many fronts, but qb isn't the issue. Gale played good, key drops by Roosevelt, Chiles, and Bagg and bad times hurt us. No running game hurt us. All 3 starting Canadians on our oline out hurt us. It was when Labatte took the nasty knee to back of head that things went south for us. DD hurt on dirty shot, what a surprise. Brooks takes 3 nasty shots on our qbs and we have to challenge just to get a call, looks bad on the league whether you hate the riders or not. I'm not happy about a lot of things I seen from the Riders that's for sure.

Can't argue much with your comments. Many were assuming that the Riders were going to be bottom-feeders this season and thus save the Bombers from that disgrace, and this was due in no small part to Chris Jones' abrasive personality. Gale looked like yet another promising QB that the Bombers passed on, but the jury is still out on him. At this point it looks like first place in the next draft will go to whomever has the worst quarterback this season. Toss-up.

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

We know all about it but have given up because all we get is an apology from the league afterwards.

13 minutes ago, J5V said:

We know all about it but have given up because all we get is an apology from the league afterwards.

I know but its still BS. Brooks accidently rolls into Durants leg that he just came off a Achilles tear?? What a coincidence.  Anyway, I'm not a sucky fan, crap happens, its part of the game. At this point we have much larger problems than DD missing a couple games

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

I know but its still BS. Brooks accidently rolls into Durants leg that he just came off a Achilles tear?? What a coincidence.  Anyway, I'm not a sucky fan, crap happens, its part of the game. At this point we have much larger problems than DD missing a couple games

I don't know what happened to protecting the QBs. Lots of questionable hits. So much pressure to win.

33 minutes ago, J5V said:

I don't know what happened to protecting the QBs. Lots of questionable hits. So much pressure to win.

I've said this before. It burns me to no end that a ref standing 10 feet from the f'n qb can't see a headshot. WTF are they watching if not the qb. Seriously needs to be addressed.

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

I've said this before. It burns me to no end that a ref standing 10 feet from the f'n qb can't see a headshot. WTF are they watching if not the qb. Seriously needs to be addressed.

I don't know how many times we've said the same thing on this forum. We said it with Pierce and with Willy. Calls get missed. Besides, the officials are too busy with challenges to be throwing penalty flags. Games would take forever.

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 9:14 PM, iso_55 said:

Why not just get some guy off the street? Demarco is bad.

Based on some events earlier today, I am definitely not going to comment on Demarco or Brink for utter fear we may sign them. That is all.

7 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Based on some events earlier today, I am definitely not going to comment on Demarco or Brink for utter fear we may sign them. That is all.

Based on what I've seen of those two flunkies in the past, I'd be VERY afraid if they came anywhere near my club (we've already experienced one of them).....Now watch for the announcement that this Deeeemarco fellow is headed for the Peg..The perils of posting 'for sures' in this league...lol

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Based on what I've seen of those two flunkies in the past, I'd be VERY afraid if they came anywhere near my club (we've already experienced one of them).....Now watch for the announcement that this Deeeemarco fellow is headed for the Peg..The perils of posting 'for sures' in this league...lol

That's true, you mentioned it. punch buggy no return

6 hours ago, Ripper said:

The obvious answer lies in post-game film review by the league. If an illegal hit is missed but identified later, the penalties would kick in, and if an illegal hit sidelines a player, the offender gets suspended as long as the victim.