Week 4 Games - Wed (Ott @ TO) , Fri (Ham @ Mtl) & Sat (BC @ SK)

Jacquie

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

the officiating and rod black is just cringe worthy. Too bad because these are two good quarterbacks. It should be a good viewing experience. But this is tough to watch. 

Black a tv vampire. Sucks the life out of the game. 

No matter what, this was a an entertaining game and I found myself envying both teams' quarterbacks and really, really annoyed at Walters for not breaking the bank to sign Harris when he became available. I can recall the verbal abuse that the Ottawa GM received in this forum when he began to build the RedBlacks, and made fools out of many.

4 minutes ago, tracker said:

No matter what, this was a an entertaining game and I found myself envying both teams' quarterbacks and really, really annoyed at Walters for not breaking the bank to sign Harris when he became available. I can recall the verbal abuse that the Ottawa GM received in this forum when he began to build the RedBlacks, and made fools out of many.

Nothing has changed. Desjardins is a jerk. He had a lot of money to start fresh & build from the ground up. thanks to the CFL tilting the table in his favour he was able to draft quality players from other teams. For example, the OL. He took 2 starters from the Stamps. J'Michael Deane the Stamps starting RT & center John Gott as a FA who can also play guard. If the Stamps still had these 2 guys (especially Gott) they'd be a much better team.

Edited by iso_55

1 minute ago, iso_55 said:

Nothing has changed. Desjardins is a jerk. he had a lot of money to start fresh & build from the ground up. He was able to draft players from other teams. For example, the OL. He took 2 starters from the Stamps. J'Michael Deane the Stamps starting RT & center John Gott who can also play guard. if the Stamps still had these 2 guys they'd be a much better team.

DesJardins had to work within the same salary cap as everyone else, had a rookie head coach and a piecemeal  team thrown together, so he did a helluva job.

17 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Nothing has changed. Desjardins is a jerk. He had a lot of money to start fresh & build from the ground up. thanks to the CFL tilting the table in his favour he was able to draft quality players from other teams. For example, the OL. He took 2 starters from the Stamps. J'Michael Deane the Stamps starting RT & center John Gott as a FA who can also play guard. If the Stamps still had these 2 guys (especially Gott) they'd be a much better team.

Gott was traded for the first overall pick

24 minutes ago, tracker said:

Desjardins blows away Brendan Taman, Kyle Walters & Joe Mack in terms of being a professional GM. His team right now is the class of the league - and while #1 QB Henry Burris is down with a legit hand injury there's no way Walters should have blind-folded himself and stepped away from pursuing Trevor Harris. There's no question now that Harris is far more accurate than D. Willy, slightly more elusive, gets the ball away faster and is more a winner than Willy. What was Walters thinking (or drinking?)

4 minutes ago, Root said:

Desjardins blows away Brendan Taman, Kyle Walters & Joe Mack in terms of being a professional GM. His team right now is the class of the league - and while #1 QB Henry Burris is down with a legit hand injury there's no way Walters should have blind-folded himself and stepped away from pursuing Trevor Harris. There's no question now that Harris is far more accurate than D. Willy, slightly more elusive, gets the ball away faster and is more a winner than Willy. What was Walters thinking (or drinking?)

Harris hasn't been beaten down like Willy. The redblacks OL is far better than ours & he has a lot of weapons to throw to. Big difference.

22 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I know the Stamps miss Gott considering Lavertu barely plays. He has concussion issues.

Win some and you lose some. See: Kito Pooblah, Wagonner, Addison Richards, Matty Goosen. Tyson Pencer. are

I'd say 2 have washed out of the league (Pooblah, Pencer); Wagonner appears to be a solid special teamer but not worth giving up a #2 overall, Richards is a very iffy project and while Goosen is now a starter he's only starting cuz Walters doesn't have anyone better.

Lavertu was rated a can't miss by most. But the concussion issues have set him back big-time.

20 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Harris hasn't been beaten down like Willy. The redblacks OL is far better than ours & he has a lot of weapons to throw to. Big difference.

That's very true but Harris was very good with a patchwork o-line in Toronto (when he replaced an injured Ray). Overall, I like Harris's tool-kit more than Willy's . . . .  but that doesn't mean Willy won't start the rest of the season for the bombers. He will - unless he's molested again.