CFL Fantasy Football

Sard, Jimmy Pop, Floyd, rebusrankin... we're already halfway to a second league. Are 4 more takers out there?

It wouldn't be fair if I were to play in both leagues... my dominant drafting skills and keen eye for talent should only be imposed one one group of unlucky chumps.

The 2nd league just needs 1 more player, and for one of the 8 to be a commissioner.

The commissioner will create a league at fantaseh.ca and then invite the other 7 "GMs" to the league.

To send out invites, collect an email address from each GM and enter them in: Commissioner > Team Management > 'Invite a GM'

Don't forget to adjust the Canadian ratio and allow offensive/defensive flex players in League Settings (we are going with 3 Canadian starters)

The commissioner also can adjust the schedule and decide which games are 'playoff' games. We haven't sorted out how to do it and I don't recall having playoff games last year (just one lousy champion). However, I read an interesting idea on reddit:

Schedule Settings

We do 2 weeks of playoffs. 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3, the winners play in the final for the championship...We play a 15 week schedule, with weeks 16 and 17 serving as the playoffs. Be wary of running your league too long, or else you'll have teams sitting their players during the championship, which sucks. Week 17 seemed to be pretty good last year. For a 6 team league, 15 weeks results in every team playing each other 3 times, which is perfect, because it's balanced, and because 3 games means you can use their head to head as a tie-breaker if you want.

I see their point about teams resting players during what would effectively be our championship game(s). In week 17, most CFL teams should at least be fighting for playoff position if nothing else.