Game 71: Blackhawks @ Final Destination

The Winnipeg Jets embark on a trip to Montreal when Matthew Perreault experiences a premonition -- he sees the plane explode moments after leaving the ground. Matthew insists that everyone on the team get off the plane. All watch as the plane actually explodes in a fireball. He and the other survivors have briefly cheated death, but will not be able to evade their fate for very long. One by one, these fugitives from fate fall victim to the early-exit reaper.

Also starring..

Mike Hutchison as the starting goalie

Mark Scheiffele as the shooter who makes ping

& Frank Sinatra Jr as the Ghost that haunts the team

Free Press chat link

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Let's hope Thorburn moves to the 4th line and Petan plays with Lowry and Kosmo on the third then cuz him playing 4th line makes no sense to me. He's been playing Center with the Moose so I wonder if they go

Lowry,Petan,Kosmo

Hali,Copp,Thor 

Cuz I don't want to see Petan playing 4th line. 

Just what you would expect from a former fellow teammate who has respect for his opponent:

Ken Wiebe (@WiebeSunSports) tweeted at 9:17am - 18 Mar 16: 

More Byfuglien on facing friends: "I'll hit you when I can and I will buy you a beer afterwards." #NHLJets (https://twitter.com/WiebeSunSports/status/710862721810505728?s=17) 

Now that's the character that is Dustin Byfuglien.

Pav starting? Oh boy, this one could get ugly. 

Gonna say it tho since Chicagos 1st belongs to us, I hope we win and knock Chicago down a bit in the standings. They are only 3 points ahead of Nashville currently. A win is actually a good thing tonight for the Jets but since PAV... it's doubtful. Probably looking at another Paverage performance. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Pav starting? Oh boy, this one could get ugly. 

Gonna say it tho since Chicagos 1st belongs to us, I hope we win and knock Chicago down a bit in the standings. They are only 3 points ahead of Nashville currently. A win is actually a good thing tonight for the Jets but since PAV... it's doubtful. Probably looking at another Paverage performance. 

I thought playoff teams drafted based on the order they were eliminated from the playoffs.

19 minutes ago, Rich said:

I thought playoff teams drafted based on the order they were eliminated from the playoffs.

This is correct.  Tiebrakers for playoff bound teams only come into effect when teams are eliminated in the same round.  Eg. If NSH & CHI were both eliminated in round 1, whomever had less points would pick higher.

We have 12 games left, we aren't going to Lose them all, that's just reality. I mean, we could but we won't so why cheer for a loss. The Lottery comes down to basically the luck of the draw so trying to get last is pointless when the last place team has a better chance at picking 4th then they do at first. We aren't out tanking the leafs or probably Oilers for that matter. 

Yes, it does come down to who is eliminated in the playoffs but Chicago not winning the division would be a good thing for the Jets pick unless of course they go to the Cup Finals or conference finals.. Both seem likely but with how they have been playing is not  guaranteed. 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

We have 12 games left, we aren't going to Lose them all, that's just reality. I mean, we could but we won't so why cheer for a loss. The Lottery comes down to basically the luck of the draw so trying to get last is pointless when the last place team has a better chance at picking 4th then they do at first. We aren't out tanking the leafs or probably Oilers for that matter. 

Yes, it does come down to who is eliminated in the playoffs but Chicago not winning the division would be a good thing for the Jets pick unless of course they go to the Cup Finals or conference finals.. Both seem likely but with how they have been playing is not  guaranteed. 

I saw Rich tried to explain this to you but obviously math isn't your strong point. The farther down the standings you finish, the better chance you have at picking higher int he draft. Not sure why you can't understand this.

It is better for the Jets to lose tonight regardless of what it does to Chicago's pick. There's 4 teams within 3 points of us so it matters a LOT at the end of the season. It could very well be the difference between picking 2 or 3 picks down the standings. Basic math...

When he touches the Puck like Teemu? For Ladd? Hopefully not.

A few cheers, perhaps Chicago starts his line and you get the cheers out of the way there or a couple times he touches the puck on the first or 2nd shift is fine. Anything more is excessive cuz the guy wasn't Teemu exactly.