Wrestling

Rich

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Kenny & The Bucks and the New Day are having fun with their "program" they are working online.  New Day has even managed to get some stuff on WWE television (sweeping etc).

I would say if you had to bet on it, to bet on Kenny in WWE eventually.  Its where everyone wants to eventually go because 1) money 2) its the top promotion.  Kenny values New Japan immensely so being a top guy there is like being a top guy in WWE to most American wrestlers.  But eventually.....

I remember talking to him about NXT and the Samoa Joe deal sort of gave some guys hope.  WWE developmental was a place a lot of guys avoided expecially if they had worked around the world and were "above" developmental.  But Joe being there and being used well, respected, keeping his name etc showed guys there was a different mind set.

William Regal is the international scout and I can tell you he's talked to Kenny many times...Omega is well known to WWE.  He's probably the best star in the world not in WWE as far as someone who could walk into WWE tomorrow and be a pushed star in the main roster.

WWE is very surprised by how over AJ Styles is.  They always considered his fans to be a small vocal minority but they realise now that big international stars are still big stars.  So it raises the value for everyone.

Yep, I'd love to see Kenny in the WWE (as long as he was used decently), just never thought it be a possibility again.  I was surprised to hear that they had been in contact with him for quite a while trying to get him back into the fold.  I guess in hindsight, he left on his own accord, it wasn't like they canned him so I shouldn't be that surprised.

24 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yep, I'd love to see Kenny in the WWE (as long as he was used decently), just never thought it be a possibility again.  I was surprised to hear that they had been in contact with him for quite a while trying to get him back into the fold.  I guess in hindsight, he left on his own accord, it wasn't like they canned him so I shouldn't be that surprised.

Between you and me (lol), they almost brought him back not that long after he left.  Tommy Dreamer was involved in developmental and was high on Kenny.  Dreamer called Kenny to ask if he'd consider returning for a main roster spot.  He called because he said when creative comes up with new gimmicks (for no one specific), Kenny's name often came up as someone that they could use, so Dreamer wanted to make sure Kenny would actually come so Dreamer wasnt pushing for him only to have Kenny say no.

Also when that Russian (Koslov, I think his name was) was in developmental with Kenny, it was Omega that worked him a lot.  So when it was time to bring Koslov up, they wanted to bring Kenny with him so he had someone he was comfortable with as he got acclimated.  But a veteran they werent using stepped in and said why call up the kid when I can work with Koslov.  I think it was Val Venis.  Kenny & Koslov were good friends in developmental, they might have roomed together.  But Koslov was a work in progress to say the least.  He was once told to go to the ring and squash Kenny and leave...so he did except he didnt pin him because he wasnt specifically told to "get the pin"...so Kenny won via Count Out when he wasnt supposed to...lol

I'd almost say to look for Omega and the Bucks to go to WWE as a package deal.  Give it 1-2 years.  Maybe in 2018 we're watching Bullet Club vs The Elite on RAW.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Hey don't knock DDP yoga.  I absolutely love it.

As I understand it, DDP saved Scott Hall's life. He's a messed up dude & it looks like he is getting help. He killed a man when he was 21 when there was a fight outside a bar. He never served jail time as it was determined it was self defense as the other guy had a knife. Still, having to carry that around would screw up anyone. Then the alcohol & drugs as well as being obese. Props to DDP for what he dis for his friend. I really hope Scott has licked his demons of the past.

Edited by iso_55

25 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

As I understand it, DDP saved Scott Hall's life. He's a messed up dude & it looks like he is getting help. He killed a man when he was 21 when there was a fight outside a bar. He never served jail time as it was determined it was self defense as the other guy had a knife. Still, having to carry that around would screw up anyone. Then the alcohol & drugs as well as being obese. Props to DDP for what he dis for his friend. I really hope Scott has licked his demons of the past.

I believe the guy attacked Scott Hall with a gun and Scott wrestled the gun away from him and shot him in the head.  I think he tells the story on that E:60

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I believe the guy attacked Scott Hall with a gun and Scott wrestled the gun away from him and shot him in the head.  I think he tells the story on that E:60

Knew the other guy had a weapon. Just couldn't remember if it was a gun or a knife. I also know Hall wasn't the nicest guy when that happened either. Wasn't this incident over a woman?

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Just watched Nakamura vs Sami Zayn on NXT Takeover.  Incredible match.  That's going to be hard to top this weekend whether it's NXT or Wrestlemania.

Unbelievable probably match of the year so far. American Alpha and Dash and Dawson was no slouch either. Fantastic card so far.

4 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Unbelievable probably match of the year so far. American Alpha and Dash and Dawson was no slouch either. Fantastic card so far.

Meh.  The tag team match was average at best.  Neither team will ever be main roster material.  Gable has singles potential though.

Same with the women.  Bayley will be a mid card diva, Asuka I'm not sure but she needs a lot of work still... Lots of potential.

Not sure about Corbin or Austin Aries either.  Good wrestlers but probably nothing more than US Title competitors, maybe not even that.  Samoa Joe might not ever make it out of NXT.  Balor's character and moveset need work but I see him as an IC title competitor in the near future.  Maybe WWE title challenger but I'd be shocked if he ever got to the level of actually holding that title.

Zayn and Nakamura were BY FAR the highlight of the night.

Finn Ballor may be NXT champ but to me Samoan Joe is the better wrestler & could have taken him out anytime he wanted but we all know the ending is scripted. ballor has a lot of high flying moves. Kinda reminds me of Eric Froehlich if anyone remembers him. The only difference between Ballor & Froelich is that Ballor wins. Joe fought thru a nasty eye cut.

Joe is the consummate professional.  Plays a good heel and consistent in the ring.  That's why I think NXT will want to hang on to him.  He can have a bigger impact on that product than he ever would on the main roster, where be would probably just be stuck in the League of Nations or something similar, never really making it anywhere.

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Nakamura and Zayn was the best match in a very long time. Bayley and Asuka was solid too. American Alpha have potential to be huge. 

I agree. American Alpha will be huge. Very talented. Hopefully they don't split them up too soon thinking Gable can be a top guy. He can be but let them be a dominant tag team for awhile. They'd fit in perfectly with Kurt Angle. 

Nak vs Zayn was great. Nak is a great character. He might need to work on that physique for Vince to have faith in him. 

Bailey is a very very good worker. With a natural charisma. She could be a top woman that draws young girls because she has that organic emotional connection.   And Asuka is tremendous. 

Main event was really hurt by the docs. If that was a Hunter match it wouldnt have happened . Some speculation that it was due to the commission. But sure the medics checked it. It's a cut. It's not dangerous. Let them wrestle.   

I see nothing in Corbin at all but a tall guy with no build, bad hair and zero charisma.  Big Cass is a way better big man. 

American Alpha only going to get better only been tagging for 6 months. That Nakamura and Zayne match was not  a match it was fight. Awesome to watch. Highly entertaining event. They have set the bar pretty high for Sunday.

The docs were annoying but Joe was leaking quite heavily.  I think they would have left it alone if it hadn't happened so early in the match.

Couldn't agree more on Baron Corbin.  I don't see the appeal there.

As for Wrestlemania having to top that NXT event...

Edited by Atomic