Wrestling

Rich

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

Maybe Eric Bischoff swoops in with Ted Turner and all hell breaks loose?

Eric has a lot of money and is very smart. Far too smart to buy TNA.  Ted Turner wanted to get back into wrestling when his non-compete ended but his people did a forecast and said, sure we can do it, but it will cost X amount (I can't remember the amount) to create and establish a promotion that can compete with WWE and Ted said nooooo waaaay.

Still no news tonight.  Dixie is acting happy.  Reports are WWE out again.  Who knows.  Friday should tell the take.

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Eric has a lot of money and is very smart. Far too smart to buy TNA.  Ted Turner wanted to get back into wrestling when his non-compete ended but his people did a forecast and said, sure we can do it, but it will cost X amount (I can't remember the amount) to create and establish a promotion that can compete with WWE and Ted said nooooo waaaay.

Still no news tonight.  Dixie is acting happy.  Reports are WWE out again.  Who knows.  Friday should tell the take.

Why would they have to compete with WWE?  Are TNA and ROH competing with WWE?  I'd say they are complementary rather than real competition.  It would be nice to see a promotion that is a step above TNA and ROH but not quite at WWE's level.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Why would they have to compete with WWE?  Are TNA and ROH competing with WWE?  I'd say they are complementary rather than real competition.  It would be nice to see a promotion that is a step above TNA and ROH but not quite at WWE's level.

You're right. But Ted Turner wasn't going to do it unless he had a shot at being number one. 

An undisclosed third party paid for the TNA PPV and TV tapings this Sunday and next week.  This will allow them to tape TV episodes through the rest of the year.  The third party is not known but reportedly is not Corgan or WWE.  Supposedly, Dixie was trying to negotiate WWE loaning money to do the shows, which sounds weird.  But it might be a matter of Dixie needing more time to complete a sale.

Either way, TNA once agains dodged a bullet.  Id suspect her parents ponied up the cash.

Ric Flair claims he slept with Halle Berry in 1997.  Its making some mainstream news to the extent Berry's people had to comment (they denied it).

Del Rio no-showed the AAA PPV in Mexico but claimed he was attacked and stabbed several times (he posted graphic pics of his wounds, later deleted).  There were rumours all day sunday that he was in Orlando and possibly appearing for TNA but it hasnt happened yet (TNA wants him very badly).

Speaking of TNA, on day one of their tapings, Bobby Lashley lost the World Championship to Eddie Edwards.  I hope no one is too spoiled...lol

Reports all over that Goldberg vs Brock to be announced on ESPN imminently (for a match at Survivor Series).

Reports all over that WWE is actually buying TNA's library and then Dixie sells the rest of the company to Billy Corgan who would rebrand it (since WWE would get the intellectual property in the sale).

No Mercy last night was overall pretty average but the IC Title match between Ziggler and the Miz was outstanding.  Not surprising to me as I've consistently said that Ziggler and the Miz have excellent chemistry and have put on many great matches in the past, including in Winnipeg.  The crowd really got behind Ziggler and exploded when he won the title.  I haven't seen a crowd that excited for Ziggler in a couple years at least.  This feud isn't over, I'm sure.

I don't know where they go with the WWE World championship now.  Dean doesn't really deserve another match and I'm not sure Cena does either.  They might extend one of those feuds because I'm not sure who else you can put into the world title program with Styles right now.  Maybe Randy Orton but it looks like he's still tied up with Bray Wyatt.  Luke Harper came back and cost Orton the match.

Becky Lynch is injured and missed the match with Alexa Bliss who fought Naomi instead and lost.  I don't know how long Becky will be out but it looks like they aren't making her give up the title.

Becky is schedule to defend the title on SD in a month. 

I thought Miz vs Ziggler was damn good. Hard to rehabilitate Ziggler at this point. But Miz was reinvented and could conceivably be moved up the card. That match should have been main event. Other than the fact Miz should never do the slingshot power bomb again 

I like Carmella. Great personality. But they should come up with better ways to debut women than just throwing them in the ring. Fans will turn on them if they blow spots.  

Now for the big news. Paige suspended again. Second wellness suspension in the last two months. This one gets her 60 days. Have to think she's just about done especially with neck surgery looking. 

Her comments:

Paige addressed the suspension over the course of two tweets shortly after the news broke: "Same **** different day. Kids. Please don't get prescriptions or doctors notes. Not acceptable. Rules apply depending on your status."

Well, someone needs to tell Paige that their are lots of quack doctors out there who will prescribe you just about anything you want if you have the money.... i'm sorry but if it's for something legit, then WWE doesn't suspend her, that's the bottom line, she knows the rules, she broke them. If what you are using is needed, i'm sure the WWE doctor would be more than happy to right a proper prescription for you. 

I'm sick of Paige anyway, she's such a basket case... i hope they fire her annoying ass actually. Cuz you know what, if you look back in history, theres a bunch of dead people who were prescribed stuff by doctors also, chris benoit comes to mind of someone who had a non wwe doctor who basically supplied him any drugs he wanted. 

Agreed. But she's not wrong when she says there are different rules for different people. Ryback just admitted he had a TRT exception while in wwe. They had banned those in the wake of Benoit and quietly allowed them so those people get to take testosterone all they want to. Plus Hunter and Cena don't get tested. Brock doesn't get tested. Vince doesn't get tested. 

On 10/10/2016 at 2:29 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

I thought Miz vs Ziggler was damn good. Hard to rehabilitate Ziggler at this point. But Miz was reinvented and could conceivably be moved up the card. That match should have been main event. Other than the fact Miz should never do the slingshot power bomb again 

I like Carmella. Great personality. But they should come up with better ways to debut women than just throwing them in the ring. Fans will turn on them if they blow spots.  

Miz vs Ziggler should have been the main event, no question.  Not sure what they were thinking with that one.  Refresh my memory, what is a slingshot power bomb and did they mess it up?  I can't recall.

I'm not a fan of Carmella.  Just not buying what she's selling.  She's weak on the mic and that attempt at the moonwalk looks ridiculous.  Decent submission move that she uses though.  I hate the high-pitched diva-scream that she over-uses in the ring.  If I had to rank Smackdown's women she would be at the bottom.

Slingshot powerbomb is similar to a slingshot suplex as made famous by the great Tully Blanchard.  Here it is:

In the match, I think he went for it three times and Ziggler is a lot bigger than Rey so it looked bad in that the slingshot wasnt smooth.  Plus the extra effort to slingshot him really does nothing to improve the powerbomb.  Better to keep it simple and just use a powerbomb. 

I like Carmella's persona.  Maybe because I first saw her on some WWE show on the Network so outside of the ring she seems like a real sweetheart.  I was surprised they went with her as a heel rather than just putting her with Enzo & Cass (her real life boyfriends).  But she has good heel persona.  But you're right...she's not a great worker.  Not every woman has to work.  Let he establish herself as a manager or valet or all-around ****-disturber.  Once she is over as a character, she can have a match, blow a few spots and she'll still be over.  Relying on her to be a good worker to get over is asking for trouble.  Especially with women.  Its already harder for them in that huge ring.  When you have 15-20 lbs differences in the women its a big deal (not so much for men).  Nikki is big.  And not exactly athletic.  Not a good match for Carmella.  Trish & Lita were both managers for ages before they worked...they got over before they ever had a match.

I think her calling will be as a face though. 

21 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

apparently matt hardy threw his name into the ring as someone interested in purchasing TNA

Matt Hardy is far too intelligent to buy TNA.  But he could afford it.  He couldnt afford the yearly losses though.  Then again, neither can Corgan and he's worth $50mm.

Jericho always claims he would have bought WCW if he knew it was so cheap ($2.5mm).  But ofcourse that doesnt take into account the costs of running it.  WWE made a lot of money off owning the WCW library (and one huge PPV buyrate for Invasion) but neither Jericho nor anyone else had the means to monetize the library.  So spending $2.5mm sounds like a steal but then you have a really expensive VHS collection that no one sees.

TNA's greatest asset (only asset really) is the library and only WWE can properly monetize it.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

Another lawsuit filed against TNA, this time from American Express to the tune of $260,000 in unpaid corporate credit card travel expenses.

Rumor is, they are soon to declare bankruptcy but Dixie still wants to come out of this smelling like a rose.  Expect a Chapter 11 reorg to buy some time.

Also, it seems the money Corgan "loaned" TNA (or gave in exchange for ownership) was not a business loan to TNA but a personal loan to Dixie.  Corgan alleges fraud in his dealings with Dixie and TNA.  His court hearing is this Thursday where the details might become unsealed...which should be glorious.