Random News Items

Rich

38 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I just can't believe what a boneheaded play was made by the DB Williams.   All he had to do was wrap up the receiver and time would of ran out.   Why in the world would he go for the killshot tackle?     That guy will be haunted forever for making such a terrible choice.  

That and maybe the guy who called those 2 challenges but pales in comparison to one attempt at taking a guy out.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/scarborough-hijab-attack-1.4487716

An 11-year-old girl's report last week that the hijab she was wearing was cut by a man didn't happen, Toronto police said Monday in ending their investigation.

The girl reported Friday that a man attempted twice to cut off her hijab as she walked to school. Police said last week that the alleged attack was being investigated as a possible hate crime. 

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Very interesting as I saw people on Twitter highly suspicious of the timeline.  So the hysteria involved in this case over shadowed the reality.  Wonder how the PM will spin this.

This whole hijab hoax is exactly what's wrong with society and media today.  They had a NEWS CONFERENCE AT THE SCHOOL WITHIN THE HOUR!

No investigation complete, no independent witnesses, no suspect, no problem!   Let's jump on a story and politicize an 11 year old for our own political gains!   Let's all assume children don't lie, especially since she's Muslim!

What a joke, and now the burying starts.  Mainstream news will ignore and put up no fight, except maybe the Sun.  The parents should charged with mischief, just like the Criminal Code says.   The girl's statement was pretty elaborate and well written, it reeks of coaching.  This kind of story is exactly why M-103 is a joke and a travesty.  This kind of garbage has happened a bunch down in the U.S. and now it's fully in Canada.  You want to fight 'hate crimes', help the Jews, STILL the by-far most attacked religious group in Canada. 

Sorry everyone for the amped up post, but this blatant attack on Canadian culture and values is disgusting and an insult to every one of us.

Edited by basslicker

wonder what this will turn up

FaithLeaks is a non profit media organization founded on the belief that increased transparency within religious organizations results in fewer untruths, less corruption, and less abuse. The organization provides sources and whistleblowers the technical ability to anonymously submit sensitive documents for use by professional and citizen journalists for starting and expanding news reporting, public commentary, and criticism related to religion.

FaithLeaks is a project by the Truth and Transparency Foundation, a non profit founded by Ryan McKnight and Ethan Dodge in November 2017.

15 hours ago, basslicker said:

This whole hijab hoax is exactly what's wrong with society and media today.  They had a NEWS CONFERENCE AT THE SCHOOL WITHIN THE HOUR!

No investigation complete, no independent witnesses, no suspect, no problem!   Let's jump on a story and politicize an 11 year old for our own political gains!   Let's all assume children don't lie, especially since she's Muslim!

What a joke, and now the burying starts.  Mainstream news will ignore and put up no fight, except maybe the Sun.  The parents should charged with mischief, just like the Criminal Code says.   The girl's statement was pretty elaborate and well written, it reeks of coaching.  This kind of story is exactly why M-103 is a joke and a travesty.  This kind of garbage has happened a bunch down in the U.S. and now it's fully in Canada.  You want to fight 'hate crimes', help the Jews, STILL the by-far most attacked religious group in Canada. 

Sorry everyone for the amped up post, but this blatant attack on Canadian culture and values is disgusting and an insult to every one of us.

PM did what I expected.  Basically pretend this happened anyway.  He said he's glad it didnt..but this stuff does happen so darn. 

CFS should be investigating as the interests of the children involved was not protected.  They were exploited for political gain. 

On 1/15/2018 at 3:19 PM, basslicker said:

This really hit home.  So true!

gadsaad.jpg

On 1/16/2018 at 6:31 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

PM did what I expected.  Basically pretend this happened anyway.  He said he's glad it didnt..but this stuff does happen so darn. 

CFS should be investigating as the interests of the children involved was not protected.  They were exploited for political gain. 

yes the airhead in chief, along with his good buddy Kathleen Wynne and the mayor of Toronto all look like dumb-dumbs here.  So does the Toronto school board, for jumping to hold a news conference to showcase this "hate", that didn't actually exist.  Why are these politicians and organizations so eager to exploit these kinds of things?

Edited by kelownabomberfan

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I actually like this idea, seriously.  If a portion wants to separate and form a new state, they should.  Similar to how West Virginia came about.

It's hard to argue that California is headed in the right direction.  California used to be on my list of places to go but now I think I'd just skip it and stay east of there.

7 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

This really hit home.  So true!

gadsaad.jpg

Present-day Canada is a shame, and a newly-minted global joke.    I plan on putting up a flag pole soon but I won't be flying the Maple Leaf, rather a version (most likely the one on Legions) of the Red Ensign.  A reminder of a time when Canada stood for freedom and prosperity, not political correctness and morale relativism.

16 hours ago, basslicker said:

Present-day Canada is a shame, and a newly-minted global joke.    I plan on putting up a flag pole soon but I won't be flying the Maple Leaf, rather a version (most likely the one on Legions) of the Red Ensign.  A reminder of a time when Canada stood for freedom and prosperity, not political correctness and morale relativism.

Feigned outrage at it's best.

On 17 April 2017, Louis Marinelli, who had headed a high-profile ballot initiative drive to break California off from the rest of the United States, abruptly announced he was dropping the campaign with plans to live permanently in Russia for the foreseeable future:  Not only did he attend a conference organized by the Anti-Globalization Movement of Russia, a Kremlin-backed organization, he also was given free office space by the group for an embassy of the “Independent Republic of California.” It is against U.S. and state law for foreign governments or persons to support any candidates or campaigns in U.S. elections. (Marinelli told us his “California embassy” didn’t violate any of those laws because the office space was for personal use only.)

I guess there are a few groups, but one of them seems to have been part of the Russian messing around in the USA efforts.