Random News Items

Rich

14 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I don't see the big deal of this,  kids absolutely love big machines like this so why not? When our community club has its summer celebration they usually have police, fire,  medical , construction , farm vehicles for kids to climb in and take pictures with and it's a huge hit.

If you're familiar with these cities, it should help illustrate the significance of the explosion yesterday. 

The Lebanese have dealt with so much destruction already. I can only hope they find the political resolve to move forward together. 

22 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

If you saw the video on the security guard pushing the Raptor’s President.

Here is context:

https://www.insauga.com/video-footage-of-raptors-president-masai-ujiri-security-guard-encounter-released

The Toronto Raptors issued a statement on Tuesday saying a recently released video proves team president Masai Ujiri wasn’t the “aggressor” in an encounter with a law enforcement officer at Oracle Arena last June.

Alameda County sheriff’s deputy Alan Strickland, a law enforcement officer in California, is suing Ujiri over a scuffle following the team’s NBA Finals victory over the Golden State Warriors at Oracle Arena.

Strickland claims in a federal lawsuit filed in February that he stopped Ujiri from going on the court to celebrate with his team because he didn’t provide the proper credential, leading to a shoving match that was partially captured on video.

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Where is his ID tho?

He's literally pulling it out right in front of the sheriff on the video before he's pushed.

The Sheriff's office saw the video and still stood behind this dirt bag. I hope he's finally fired and everyone who has enabled this scam. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

The Sheriff's office saw the video and still stood behind this dirt bag. I hope he's finally fired and everyone who has enabled this scam. 

This is probably right of the ‘deniers’ guidebook. 
But, really, it’s on film you knuckleheads..

Are you applying for a position in the present WH and this is on your resumé?

6 hours ago, JCon said:

He's literally pulling it out right in front of the sheriff on the video before he's pushed.

This guy also has a conviction for insurance fraud and filing a false statement.  He couldn't get a job as a cop elsewhere because of it.  This particular sheriff's office clearly has low standards.

Three arsons temporarily close three Winnipeg Walmart stores

https://globalnews.ca/news/7290499/three-arsons-temporarily-close-three-winnipeg-walmart-stores/

The first fire hit the Empress Avenue location at 6:07 p.m., and the second was the Regent Avenue location at 7:19 p.m. In both cases, firefighters helped douse the small fires.

The third fire happened at the McPhillips Street location, but that fire was already out when crews got there.