Random News Items

Rich

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

It's a bit eerie sometimes at night I can hear the coyotes howling in my area of town.    I don't think we've had any issues with dogs/cats being killed...however the bunny population is way down compared to previous years.   

Send some over here - our rabbit population is out of control. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2020/07/15/joe-biden-elon-musk-twitter-accounts-among-dozens-hacked-in-bitcoin-scam/#2c470c213696

The Twitter accounts of dozens of high-profile figures and companies were hacked Wednesday, including Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Kanye West, Joe Biden and Apple, to promote an apparent Bitcoin scam.

KEY FACTS

Twitter accounts belonging to Michael Bloomberg, Wiz Khalifa, Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Warren Buffett, CashApp and Uber, were also among those hijacked.

The scammers posted the same message, promising users who give Bitcoin to an account listed in the tweets double their payment in return, which is a common cryptocurrency scam.

“I am giving back to the community. All Bitcoin sent to the address below will be sent back doubled! If you send $1,000, I will send back $2,000. Only doing this for 30 minutes,” the tweets read.

As the hackers were still sending out scam tweets more than an hour after the first accounts were breached, Twitter temporarily prevented all verified accounts from tweeting for about 25 minutes and said it is “continuing to limit the ability to Tweet, reset your password, and some other account functionalities while we look into this.”

A spokesperson for Gates said confirmed the tweet wasn’t sent by him, while a spokesperson for Biden said, “Twitter locked down the account immediately following the breach and removed the related tweet.”

As of 6:54 p.m. EST, the scammers appeared to have received 355 donations netting 12.86131944 BTC, which totals $118,365.30.

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

We also have a few foxes that do a great job of controlling the stray cat and rabbit population. 

There was a mange outbreak in our area over the winter.  But I saw some healthy looking fox pups yesterday, so I’ll take that as a sign that the population is recovering.  By the way, stray cats that can look after themselves are fantastic for rodent control. 

In Case You Missed It:
- A restaurant in Florida had a promotion recently that gave away 100 free grilled cheese sandwiches to customers who came in NOT wearing a mask. 😯
- Governor Brian Kemp bans Georgia cities and counties from mandating masks and face coverings
- US President Donald Trump and his daughter and advisor Ivanka have been criticised for endorsing a Hispanic food company on social media. (Ivanka on Twitter and Trump on Instagram)
- “Our poll numbers are rising fast,” says the guy announcing he’s firing his campaign manager 🥴 Aaron Rupar 
- Saskatchewan's chief medical health officer says the province won't make masks mandatory unless cases spike. CBC News
- Montreal bar-goers lined up around the block to be tested for COVID-19. The provincial government is struggling to catch up with demand. cbc.ca/1.5650689 @jenngyoon

12 hours ago, Mark H. said:

There was a mange outbreak in our area over the winter.  But I saw some healthy looking fox pups yesterday, so I’ll take that as a sign that the population is recovering.  By the way, stray cats that can look after themselves are fantastic for rodent control. 

They are we have large sheds with hay/straw on our farm and its the perfect environment for rodents. We have a pack of cats that are not tame that live in the sheds and have done a real good job of keeping the rodent population down. They actually come and sit and hunt as we are taking the bales out the sheds.

5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

In Case You Missed It:
- A restaurant in Florida had a promotion recently that gave away 100 free grilled cheese sandwiches to customers who came in NOT wearing a mask. 😯
- Governor Brian Kemp bans Georgia cities and counties from mandating masks and face coverings
- US President Donald Trump and his daughter and advisor Ivanka have been criticised for endorsing a Hispanic food company on social media. (Ivanka on Twitter and Trump on Instagram)
- “Our poll numbers are rising fast,” says the guy announcing he’s firing his campaign manager 🥴 Aaron Rupar 
- Saskatchewan's chief medical health officer says the province won't make masks mandatory unless cases spike. CBC News
- Montreal bar-goers lined up around the block to be tested for COVID-19. The provincial government is struggling to catch up with demand. cbc.ca/1.5650689 @jenngyoon

Yeah but with Walmart mandating masks that'll do more to flatten the curb then anything lately :D

👁‍🗨. I know someone who’s going to be, well, jealous.

Dr Fauci will throw out the ceremonial first pitch at Thursday’s @Nationals home opener. 

The team statement calls him a “Nats super-fan” and “a true champion for our country during the COVID-19 pandemic and throughout his distinguished career.”

https://twitter.com/mollyjongfast/status/1285312475957727233?s=21