Random News Items

Rich

It's funny. I was just in Vegas and people were talking about the NFL and the new stadium. People told me the new leading location is just south of Mandalay Bay on the strip which is great. But one Uber guy told me they fear for the Raiders Gangs

but anytime hockey came up they didn't seem to know it was a done deal. "Maybe the NHL will come too". Uhhhhh yeah maybe. 

47 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

You mean stadium? The arena is built and from pics it looks like Barclays+.

No arena. I wasn't sure if it was built. Nice thing is, unless an NBA owner builds his own building, the NHL would control the dates & get the best ones. As well, the sight lines are for hockey & not basketball which obscures some views like Barclay's in Brooklyn. For once, the NBA would take a back seat to the NHL in the world's glitziest city.

5 hours ago, iso_55 said:

No arena. I wasn't sure if it was built. Nice thing is, unless an NBA owner builds his own building, the NHL would control the dates & get the best ones. As well, the sight lines are for hockey & not basketball which obscures some views like Barclay's in Brooklyn. For once, the NBA would take a back seat to the NHL in the world's glitziest city.

It is built pretty much now. I posted some pics of them putting the ice in and it is a bit like Barclays as the seats do not go all the way down to ice level @ the corners.

Conk6IkUsAIxp3v.jpg

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Wisconsin is appealing the overturned conviction of “Making a Murderer” subject Brendan Dasseyin relation to the murder of Teresa Halbach.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/making-a-murderer-brendan-dassey-overturned-conviction-appealed-1201856323/

Whats the expression, when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging?  Just an egregious action by the state.  Shameful.

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

Brings up a debate on what is reality and does it matter either way.  For example, if you were dying but they could plug you into a computer and give you the impression of continuing to live for another 50 years even though it was a simple upload to your brain that took a moment, would you do it?  If they could download your consciousness into a computer so you could effectively live forever, would you do it?

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Brings up a debate on what is reality and does it matter either way.  For example, if you were dying but they could plug you into a computer and give you the impression of continuing to live for another 50 years even though it was a simple upload to your brain that took a moment, would you do it?  If they could download your consciousness into a computer so you could effectively live forever, would you do it?

0d8621c.jpg