Game 61 : Jets @ Penguins of Madagascar

Dano is more comfortable playing RW so you'd want him to be as comfortable as possible wouldn't you? He's at his best on the right side. 

Enstrom won't be around for another year, never mind more after his current deal expires. He's going to be traded. If he is on this team next year, I'd be surprised. 

Heres the deal, Why keep stafford around? he's not part of the future, when he's not scoring, he's doing nothing, he brings his entire line down.

You look at the Jets LW and RW depth now... where does stafford fit? Like it or not, the Jets are going with the youth, but they do have some vets in there, they gave this veteran group of players 5 almost 6 years to see what they can do and what they got was eliminated in 4 playoff games then regressed huge time this season. Not all of that is on the veterans obviously since Buff and Wheeler are having a great year individually. 

You can pretty much pencil Connor in next year

LW Ehlers, Connor,Perreault <-- no particular order

RW Wheeler,Armia,Dano <-- no particular order again

Where does Stafford fit? He doesn't. If somebody has interest in him, get what you can for him and move on. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Dano is more comfortable playing RW so you'd want him to be as comfortable as possible wouldn't you? He's at his best on the right side. 

Enstrom won't be around for another year, never mind more after his current deal expires. He's going to be traded. If he is on this team next year, I'd be surprised. 

Heres the deal, Why keep stafford around? he's not part of the future, when he's not scoring, he's doing nothing, he brings his entire line down.

You look at the Jets LW and RW depth now... where does stafford fit? Like it or not, the Jets are going with the youth, but they do have some vets in there, they gave this veteran group of players 5 almost 6 years to see what they can do and what they got was eliminated in 4 playoff games then regressed huge time this season. Not all of that is on the veterans obviously since Buff and Wheeler are having a great year individually. 

Where does Stafford fit? He doesn't. If somebody has interest in him, get what you can for him and move on. 

You focus on the RH-LH thing to much. Lots of these guys can play either. Its not a huge concern and you dont move players because of it.

You also dont move players till you actually really need to. Id rather not rush everything.

Ehlers, Copp. Armia are still pretty much rookies. Add Lowry, Schief, Trouba are just young yet. Id rather not loose more vets and add in more young guys just yet.

Why not. If we struggle playing more youth it's fine and just growing pains. 

We have our vets with wheeler buff Perreault little thorburn even. 

You will see more youth in the line up next season. Every year you will see more and more young players. That is what they are doing. Stafford is a stop gap. He's not part of the long term plans. If you can get something for him and pav for that matter even thorburn you do it. 

Edited by Goalie

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

Everyone on this site should read the bolded and accept it.

Gotta disagree with you on Enstrom unless we are getting an LHD.

Edited by Ducky

I find it amusing when people say RW and LW don't matter. While there are some players who excel at their off wing and some who can play both effectively it's obviously important. It's why the Hawks wanted a top six LW and not a top six RW. 

Dano can play both. So he can be slotted where it's easiest for the Jets or the Jets area of need. Id expect it to not really matter until next season really. 

The jets have had a few guys that play both sides including Ehlers and Stafford. But you never saw ladd or wheeler playing their off wing. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I find it amusing when people say RW and LW don't matter. While there are some players who excel at their off wing and some who can play both effectively it's obviously important. It's why the Hawks wanted a top six LW and not a top six RW. 

Dano can play both. So he can be slotted where it's easiest for the Jets or the Jets area of need. Id expect it to not really matter until next season really. 

The jets have had a few guys that play both sides including Ehlers and Stafford. But you never saw ladd or wheeler playing their off wing. 

Same as D men....it matters.

Get Armia away from Lowry. 

Get Perreault away from Stafford

I'd probably put Armia with Perreault 

Lowry with Stafford 

I'm not sure that I really like armia and Dano with Lowry.  Lowry really isn't a skilled player.  

Armia Perreault Dano would be decent 

Burmi Lowry Stafford 

I guess with little out tho.... not many options 

This team will sputter along till the end of the season, maybe Chevy makes some trades to get rid of some bottom 6 players that don't fit into the long term plans. Dano gonna need some time to get used to the team,but without Little and trading Ladd this is what to expect for the rest of the year.

On 2/27/2016 at 1:02 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

If the player plays on the left but shoots right they will still take the player.