SHARKS AT JETS JAN. 12, 2016

Ducky

50 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Id love for one of our players just let loose on these Refs. I'll donate to fine fund.  It's hard to be an NHL fan with garbage like this. 

@wheeler "i got penalized for the goalie making a horseshit play."  Summed it up nicely.  Goalie coulda got embellishing imo.  (Note) i didnt see the quote posted earlier.. Oops.

Edited by SPuDS

When did CFL refs start moonlighting in the NHL.... this is an embarrassment to the league and also to hockey in general.

Jets didn't play that well but Wheeler's goal would have tied it. Too bad it took that incident to wake up the crowd. (or is it me?)

Maurice should show a montage of selfish, me before the team, penalties that these millionaires make regularly and then show the goals being scored on the ensuing PP. Then, he should just say that it stops now or there will be consequences. Buff goes out and takes one of his patented dumb penalties???? ... he sits for the duration of the game. End of the game penalty like Myers' tonight? Like Goalie said, he sits next game. These players have been told and I guess now they have to be shown that you don't take those kinds of penalties. I'm guessing it must shame a player to be sat especially for a selfish penalty. No excuses, no exceptions, you sit. Regardless of this paragraph, Stuart should sit. How can you lead and be a piss poor player? He's pathetically horrible.

The Sharks played a close game last night in Calgary and traveled here while the Jets waited and this is the best they could come up with? Some of that has to be on Maurice.

Helle was okay and Wheeler and Staf were really good. Ehlers probably had his best game. Did I see him knock someone off the puck early this game???? This team misses Scheifele BIG time. The Sharks' PK is quite aggressive and maybe the Jets should look at this type of PK. Pressure them instead of laying b ack and hoping to block a shot or get your stick on the puck.

Stalock looked like a bus hit him when he went down.... is he European?

http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocenter/

go to the Wheeler video, he says it at the beginning and talks about it for quite awhile.

Edited by Ducky

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Think Chevy has made up his mind about this team, knows it's not good enough, will let things play out, deal players at the deadline and collect a top 3 pick a the draft.

Chevy might know. But the jets still aren't out of it. So you never know. He probably knows it's not last year. But if the jets are in a playoff spot at the deadline IT could change things. 

if they are way out of it though it should mean a bigger youth movement. 

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

Think Chevy has made up his mind about this team, knows it's not good enough, will let things play out, deal players at the deadline and collect a top 3 pick a the draft.

It makes sense to me,  even if they get on a roll and squeak in the play offs... this team isn't going to knock any of the contenders out.  

I'd assume Ladd gets traded and during the off season they re sign the guy since he appears to like it here.

58 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Chevy might know. But the jets still aren't out of it. So you never know. He probably knows it's not last year. But if the jets are in a playoff spot at the deadline IT could change things. 

if they are way out of it though it should mean a bigger youth movement. 

If Chevy wants to trade Ladd and Buff being in a playoff spot will kills this plan, can't get rid of two players that have gotten you this far. So they miss the playoffs or get knock out in the first round again what do you have to show for it.  You got two free agents that he doesn't want to give big  money  or long term to and they walk as free agents, sounds familiar.  Missing the playoffs will be sad but in the long run it will help this team in the future.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Jets stopped hitting this year for some reason. That's what made them fun to watch at this time last year.

It's interesting because H&L were discussing this yesterday and made a point about Maurice saying that you can tell the type of game they will have by what Ladd does in his first shift or two.  So does Ladd's reduction in play, speed, hitting this season have that much of an impact on everyone else? 

Also, it seemed there was more enthusiasm last season at this time as they battled for their first playoff spot...maybe?  I dont know...

It does seem there is less urgency.  I guess it can be hard to get back on the rails if you've fallen off them, especially when you're a team without the talent to win despite your own poor play.

They were a big time battered and bruised group heading into the playoffs last year.  I wonder if they tried to layoff the physicality a bit this year in hopes of being fresher.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear as though they are talented enough as a group to make it into the playoffs without that style of play.

37 minutes ago, Rich said:

They were a big time battered and bruised group heading into the playoffs last year.  I wonder if they tried to layoff the physicality a bit this year in hopes of being fresher.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear as though they are talented enough as a group to make it into the playoffs without that style of play.

This makes sense to me . This is what I think the plan was.... but they haven't gone back to hitting yet.

Night after night of pounding...... I think they just about killed themselves last year, and finally ran out of gas when they played the Ducks. Some of them might still be hurting from last year.

Edited by Mark F

55 minutes ago, Mark F said:

This makes sense to me . This is what I think the plan was.... but they haven't gone back to hitting yet.

Night after night of pounding...... I think they just about killed themselves last year, and finally ran out of gas when they played the Ducks. Some of them might still be hurting from last year.

No excuse - LA plays the same way, they manage to recover

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

I didn't really like the call either, but I understood why the ref would call it. I'm fairly certain every Jets fans would have lost his **** if that happened to Helle and they tied the game on a goal like that.

Helle would be called for embellishment.

2 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I didn't really like the call either, but I understood why the ref would call it. I'm fairly certain every Jets fans would have lost his **** if that happened to Helle and they tied the game on a goal like that.

It's an awful rule, moreso than a bad call IMO.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Agree completely. Couple the lack of physicality with awful special teams and little depth, and here we are.

We're back to the 2011-2014 Winnipeg Jets. A team with no identity.

The Jets this year have replaced clean hard hitting with chippy stick work and cheap shots, and thus are taking way more stupid and costly penalties.  I don't know what is going on with Tyler Myers.  In Phoenix he took a terrible penalty.  He just skated up to a guy and punched him in the head.  And bang, OEL scores on the ensuing PP.  Just dumb dumb dumb.

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The Jets this year have replaced clean hard hitting with chippy stick work and cheap shots, and thus are taking way more stupid and costly penalties.  I don't know what is going on with Tyler Myers.  In Phoenix he took a terrible penalty.  He just skated up to a guy and punched him in the head.  And bang, OEL scores on the ensuing PP.  Just dumb dumb dumb.

Mark Stuart is 'mentoring' all our new guys

37 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't think we're taking more stick penalties this season. We were just able to overcome it last season.