SHARKS AT JETS JAN. 12, 2016

Ducky

the five minute penalty meyers took last night was amazing. not sure what the other player did that annoyed him so much, looked like a clean check on tv... but even if not...incredibly stupid.

possibly starting to see why they didn't want him in buffalo.

Meh. One bad stupid play does not take away Myers positives. Jets fans are very bomber fan ish, always looking to blame one guy, when in reality, yeah it was a stupid penalty, sure but 5 and a game? I'm not sure about that, you see that happen damn near every game and it's not called a 5 and a game, 2 minutes for cross checking? sure, but... 5 and a game seemed excessive to be honest.  The San Jose player went down like he was shot, seems Sharks players do that, was there a sniper at MTS last night? Cuz Wingels and then not long after Stalock both went down like they were dying. It was embarrassing. Yeah dumb play by Myers but... reality is, not as bad as it looked. You know if it was as bad as it looked Wingels wouldn't have played his next shift, which he did. Bit of dive on his part. The ref last night,Chris Rooney, Not the best ref in the league that's for sure, Known to be a little bit over the top at times. 

Jets didn't deserve to win last night, that's reality, they looked gassed and tired, they looked really bad actually, they came out in the third and san jose dominated them for the most part, yeah the Jets had chances but you know what, a community club goalie could have stopped most of them. Jets talk a big game but then do nothing about it, Just blah blah, gotta crash the net and then they don't. Blah blah gotta stop taking stupid penalties but then they go and take 3 of them in the third. 

But once again, SPECIAL TEAMS let's them down, yeah they got a PP goal but they gave up a short handed one and the game winner was scored on a sharks PP, as a matter of fact, I'm not sure San Jose scored last night 5 on 5 unless you count the empty net goals (which still isn't 5 on 5)

Edited by Goalie

Wingels and then not long after Stalock both went down like they were dying

Myers' penalty was a 2 minute hit but the ref bought that act, and punished big, bad Myers because Wingels was bent over already. Dumb penalty equaled only by the dumb 5 minute call.

The incidental contact-tripping? call made on Wheeler was bad and made hastily without taking into consideration the whole play. Hugely punitive. Kind of reminds me of calls usually reserved for the Bombers

I'm not sure but on twitter somewhere, they listed the penalties the Jets have and the tpenalty leaders on the team are

Buff <-- he's actually number 1 by a fair bit

The rest, not in order are Trouba,Stuart,Myers,Thorburn and Lowry actually.

Ladd is actually near the bottom of the list. 

Here... Just for D men

180 starting defensemen play in the NHL. Law of averages should be the Jets would have one defensemen in the top 30 for penalties taken.

Nope. We have 5:

1) Byfuglien 44
3) Trouba 37
11) Myers 28
18) Stuart 24
25) Enstrom 22

For god sakes Chiarot has only played 13 games & is 46th.

That was actually 18 games ago... 

An update over the past 18 games:

3) Byfuglien 60 (+16)
5) Myers 53 (+25)
10) Stuart 48 (+24)
11) Trouba 48 (+7)
30) Enstrom 34 (+12)
Edited by Goalie

hard to figure how a team that is on its third road game in four nights can step it up in the third while the jets peter out.

time to blow it up.

Ehlers for Drouin.........no

Buff and conditional 2nd round for Hamonic......Myers and a third, re-sign Buff

Ladd for a 1st round pick........plus?

Ehlers has more goals in less games than Drouin.  Hell no to that. This trading of rookies just won't happen. So might as well stop pretending 

Myers for Hamonic. 

Buff for 1st plus 

Ladd for 1st plus 

One of those pluses should be an LHD prospect that is ready or near ready to play. 

Trade Enstrom.  He's the highest paid jet.

Trouba Hamonic as top w2 RHD 

Morrissey LHD prospect Stuart for next year 

Edited by Goalie

One thing people forget when wanting to sign buff is that the jets would surely have the highest paid D in the league. And I just can't see that happening. 

However I do wonder if they'd trade Toby and keep buff.  Counting on Morrissey making the team next year. 

But let's assume they bring in hamonic.... It's hard to imagine they'd have him, buff, Myers, trouba.  And I think they value Myers not only his skill but his Contract

if we take the sentimentality out of it it just makes the most sense to trade buff. When Chevy talks about big contracts and aging players that's buff if he resigns here.  

the only thing I can't figure is why there has been little to no discussion with him. Unless his agent provided a ballpark figure and the jets just decided it wasn't even worth negotiating. But you'd think they'd at least say we'd like to keep you but it would really be at a big discount if you want to be here. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Ehlers has more goals in less games than Drouin.  Hell no to that. This trading of rookies just won't happen. So might as well stop pretending 

Myers for Hamonic. 

Buff for 1st plus 

Ladd for 1st plus 

One of those pluses should be an LHD prospect that is ready or near ready to play. 

You want to start Stuart and two rookies on LHD?

13 hours ago, Rich said:

Tommy Wingels is a great mob name, just saying.

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Myers for Hamonic. 

Buff for 1st plus 

Ladd for 1st plus 

Still would like to have Drouin. Don't think i'd trade Ehlers but there's something about Drouin I think.

So Myers, Buff gone? Whose gonna pot goals for the D then?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

10 hours ago, Ducky said:

You want to start Stuart and two rookies on LHD?

Eventually you need to transition to a younger group of players, especially with the canadian dollar and salary cap constraints the JETS will be facing I'm sure. Would I like to trade stuart? sure why not, do i think the Jets will? No, he's married to an employee of True North, he ain't going anywhere anytime soon if ever. Guy lives here year round. He married a Winnipeg girl. 

So  basically, what you want is the same team as this year? Minus Ladd really? How's that gonna help. You either go semi rebuild and move guys like Buff,Ladd,Toby,Pavelec etc or you sign them. There is no in between. Why get rid of Ladd but keep Buff? It makes no sense, especially considering our RHD depth is strong and our LW depth is not. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Eventually you need to transition to a younger group of players, especially with the canadian dollar and salary cap constraints the JETS will be facing I'm sure. Would I like to trade stuart? sure why not, do i think the Jets will? No, he's married to an employee of True North, he ain't going anywhere anytime soon if ever. Guy lives here year round. He married a Winnipeg girl. 

So  basically, what you want is the same team as this year? Minus Ladd really? How's that gonna help. You either go semi rebuild and move guys like Buff,Ladd,Toby,Pavelec etc or you sign them. There is no in between. Why get rid of Ladd but keep Buff? It makes no sense, especially considering our RHD depth is strong and our LW depth is not. 

Not sure why you would say this.....I honestly think we should start the next season without Ladd, Myers, Stuart, Peluso, Thorbs, Burmi, some prospects and picks.

We should add a 1LHD, a good checking 3rd line LW, a solid 3RHD and some help on the 4th whether from within or not.

We should try Ehlers and Armia further up the lines. Copp on PK should be looked at, and on and on and on and on...