Christmas Classics/Traditions

The Unknown Poster

We have done Bad Santa followed by Vacation every year for a decade now, among our group.

For me, personally, I'm a huge fan of Christmas specials, so I have to watch Charlie Brown, Rudolph, both Grinch's, Garfield, and this year I actually found Merry Christmas, Mr Bean! on TV, so I watched that for the first time in awhile. Always great. The girlfriend is obsessed with Tim Allen's "The Santa Clause" trilogy, so we watch all 3 of those every year as well. 

As soon as December arrives, our house is like Christmas puked in here...

Is it just me or are there less Christmas specials on TV?  Maybe its that we have way more channels but as a kid, it seemed every night there was a Christmas movie/special/cartoon.  And about 8 different versions of A Christmas Carol.  I havent seen one "A Christmas Carol" on TV this year....am I just not looking?

Some of the cable channels have been running nothing but Christmas movies since end of November. We were chuckling because the Women's Network is around the same place as TSN/Sportsnet, so we scroll by it in the guide, and they've had nothing but Christmas movies on since American Thanksgiving...

So, they're there, for sure...and on YTV and stuff.....just gotta hunt for 'em.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Some of the cable channels have been running nothing but Christmas movies since end of November. We were chuckling because the Women's Network is around the same place as TSN/Sportsnet, so we scroll by it in the guide, and they've had nothing but Christmas movies on since American Thanksgiving...

So, they're there, for sure...and on YTV and stuff.....just gotta hunt for 'em.

And I swear my wife has PVR'd every damn one of them. Good thing I added the 1tb drive to the PVR.

Audio books. We listen to Patrick Stewart's reading of A Christmas Carol every year - usually while we're on the road. It's fantastic.

It's a Wonderful Life is my man cave movie - wife doesn't like it.

Drinks: can never go wrong with scotch on the rocks. Or any decent whiskey on the rocks...

Any food traditions beyond the usual turkey or goose? I make a steak dinner for the whole family at some point during the holidays. This year it'll be on Dec. 23rd. 

my holiday drink (be it Christmas, Easter, or Thanksgiving) is Rye n Ginger. There is nothing that says holidays to me like sitting around a table playing cards with family and a glass of rye n ginger. 

Not much for food traditions, except making pancakes and french toast...the old man always did that when we were growing up, and I've tried to keep it rolling a bit over the years.