Game 26 : Leafs @ Jets

Lol. Leafsnet says it all really.

Great game by the Jets. I'd still trade myers for Hamonic. Ladd looking better.

Scheif on fire tonight. Burmi looks much better the last several games too.

Announcing was totally ridiculous and one sided. Felt like I was listening to a regional leafs game

Agreed but still on the fence about Hamonic ,yes a veeerry good player but i don't want to give up on Myers yet. Again Burmi and Ehlers need someone on there wing , hope Wheeler isn't going into a bit of slide scoring wise but the effort is still there.

Trading Myers for Hamonic makes us a better team....Myers' game has improved over the last 5 or so.

Wheeler is the best Jet so far this year...Little and Scheif are playing well but nowhere near as consistent as Wheeler. He's in the top 10 in scoring in the league. This guy is a bargain for an AAV of 5.6 per year for 3 more years after this one.

Chiarot seemed afraid to make a mistake out there, kind of tentative with the puck.

Stu should sit a few games.

Both goals against Helle in his career can be blamed on Stu.

Great game. Scheif was tremendous. D playing better. Perhaps tightening up for the rookie.

Thinking the same about 3rd line. I like Thorburn as much as the next guy but Ehlers-Burmi-Thorburn? One of these things is not like the other. Perhaps Lowry can ply himself back to the 3rd line.

1 point tonight for Wheeler tonight, don't get me wrong love the effort and hustle he is the true leader on this team but i just haven't notice him as much the past couple of weeks.

Wheels not as noticeable tonight but his teammates got 2 goals so good there. He's been hustlin' the last couple of weeks. Surprised you say that :wacko:

Both goals against Helle in his career can be blamed on Stu.

Maybe but at least Stu put that one Leaf on his ass before it was scored and the fans liked it.

Trouba!!! Behind you!  Nevermind.

Lol. Leafsnet says it all really.

Great game by the Jets. I'd still trade myers for Hamonic. Ladd looking better.

Scheif on fire tonight. Burmi looks much better the last several games too.

Announcing was totally ridiculous and one sided. Felt like I was listening to a regional leafs game

You were. Every game involving the Leafs are like that. It's sickening. Can you imagine if every NFL broadcast on CBC, NBC, ESPN & NFL Network only revolved around the NY Giants? Media in this country sucks.

and he lay there on the ice, apparently half dead.... must have played some fairly high level soccer at one point.

I don't get the trade meyers opinion, when that guy is on, he's outstanding.

got a good glimpse at what the Jets are capable of in that game.

I agree about Myers.

I wouldnt trade Myers or Trouba.  If New York wants to get Hamonic to Winnipeg, they will have to accept that they wont get their "replacement".  I'd trade Buff as a UFA and then the deal would have to expand from there ofcourse.

Ehlers and Burmi are the only guys who cover for the d men on that line when they pinch. Watch it again.

You watch it.... oh look, it's Ehlers standing there while the guy picks the puck up and goes in on net. That goal last night isn't on only Stuart. Burmi and Ehlers are partially to blame. He won't always cover his man and has the habit of leaving his zone a bit early. He may cover for Myers and Buff but he has to learn how to play in the D zone when the opposition has the puck.

I'm not saying I dislike him because I do. I think he will become a great scorer in this league. He is super young and smart too, he'll learn. Oodles of talent and speed.

There's a guy on the Leafs that's being wasted at the moment and i think he would look good on the left wing. Thoughts on JVR as a winger for Burmi and Ehlers and what would it take to get him out of T.O.

The Toronto media thinks that "JVR" is on par with Patrick Kane or Tyler Seguin. They would demand Ladd, Buff, Schief and two first round draft picks in exchange.

Just check HFBOARDS for what Leafs fans think JVR's value is... It's not even close.

Try Trouba plus Ehlers probably in their minds plus JVR is not very reliable defensively.. It's one of his big knocks for sure. Good contract but no thanks to guys on the leafs, it would take a long while to get that Leaf stench off them.