Welcome!

Rich

Welcome to MorningBigBlue!

The Winnipeg Blue Bomber forum for the fans by the fans.

Take a look around and give our new forum a spin. We hope you will enjoy the modern clean forum design, our live twitter feed (follow us on Twitter @MorningBigBlue), and with your help ... the best Winnipeg Blue Bomber and CFL fan discussion around.

You will see more improvements and features added to the site over the next few days and weeks, but we thought it was important to have the new site open in time for Bomber Rookie camp, so pardon the "dust" while we continue to improve the look and feel of the site. This is a new era in Winnipeg Football entertainment. A brand new stadium, a brand new fan forum, and one can only hope a brand new championship for our boys in Blue & Gold.

We welcome any and all constructive feedback on the site. This site is nothing without you, our members and posters. This is your opportunity to tell us what you want and expect to see. Help us build this site into the best CFL community around. Help us build this site into a community that you are proud to be a part of.

Based on prior feedback, the features you've asked for the most are:

- A "Like" feature for posts. We are working on integrating this into the site. Look for this to be available soon.

- An ignore feature. If there is a poster that irks you the wrong way, then add him to your foes list and his posts will be hidden from you. Foes List

What other features would you like to see?

Most Bomber fans should get the reference, but this is in our Code of Conduct to explain:

The website name, Morning Big Blue, is in tribute to the late Richard Harris. Richard Harris was a Winnipeg Blue Bomber coach from 2006 to 2011. He was beloved by player and fan alike. His impact on the players he coached and the community he lived in is still felt to this day, and goes beyond the lessons he taught on the field. Every morning when the team met for practice and meetings, his booming voice could be heard with the phrase, “Morning Big Blue”.

This phrase has also been placed prominently on the wall of the dressing room in the new stadium.

Most Bomber fans should get the reference, but this is in our Code of Conduct to explain:

The website name, Morning Big Blue, is in tribute to the late Richard Harris. Richard Harris was a Winnipeg Blue Bomber coach from 2006 to 2011. He was beloved by player and fan alike. His impact on the players he coached and the community he lived in is still felt to this day, and goes beyond the lessons he taught on the field. Every morning when the team met for practice and meetings, his booming voice could be heard with the phrase, “Morning Big Blue”.

This phrase has also been placed prominently on the wall of the dressing room in the new stadium.

just saw that in the CoC... you beat me to it.

2 issues I've run into already

Registering using google chrome gave me an issue with the captcha/verification. Entered what was presented, told it was wrong, same captcha image appears again, click refresh, new one briefly flashes up, then replaced by the old one replaces it. Using the code in that picture tells me the verification is wrong. Tried 3 separate times fresh, same issue each time. Opened firefox, had no issues.

Trying to PM you the issue I found with registering, I can't find anywhere to PM you. Nothing listed with you name when you make forum posts, nothing when I check your profile.

2 issues I've run into already

Registering using google chrome gave me an issue with the captcha/verification. Entered what was presented, told it was wrong, same captcha image appears again, click refresh, new one briefly flashes up, then replaced by the old one replaces it. Using the code in that picture tells me the verification is wrong. Tried 3 separate times fresh, same issue each time. Opened firefox, had no issues.

Trying to PM you the issue I found with registering, I can't find anywhere to PM you. Nothing listed with you name when you make forum posts, nothing when I check your profile.

I'll look into it right now. Thanks for letting us know, I'm sure there will be a few things we haven't changed from default settings, not knowing the effect it has.

tried adding someone to my foes list... but it didn't work since he hasn't actually signed up yet. :lol:

a foes list works like an ignore function, right? (pretty please)

The foes list is just a fancy word for the ignore function.

This software seems to require a minimum number of posts be made before you can access the PM system. Other forums I've been to that are like that usually make you post 2 or 3 times gain access to it.

tried adding someone to my foes list... but it didn't work since he hasn't actually signed up yet. :lol:

what's the point of having foes? If you block all the morons who can you possibly argue with?

Looks like Colin got woken up... :lol:

JimmyFresco's announcement and my General thread are gone daddy gone.

There's also a new thread where he is announcing a new version of OB is coming in a few days but I guess some of you have heard that before.

Great site, looks great and happy to have another place to talk Bombers and CFL football.

On a side note, I've never understood the need to block people, yeah disagreements happen, and there are people that are always going to think the opposite way that you do, but that's life and IMO majority of the time it's great listening to other people's p.o.v.

Great site, looks great and happy to have another place to talk Bombers and CFL football.

On a side note, I've never understood the need to block people, yeah disagreements happen, and there are people that are always going to think the opposite way that you do, but that's life and IMO majority of the time it's great listening to other people's p.o.v.

I agree but it's been a long requested feature and we are trying to be responsive to the needs of our community. Always want this site to evolve and adapt to the demands of our readers.

what's the point of having foes? If you block all the morons who can you possibly argue with?

because i can already sum up each of his "arguments" he'll ever have on this or any forum ever:

"Bombers are teh best! Everything they do are teh best! Any criticism ams douchey trolling!"

so you see, i don't need to have it take up my bandwidth.

Also just want to say congratulations & the site looks great!!

Thanks iso. The site is still young and growing. JimmyFresco and Mike really did a tonne of work to get it off the ground. My hat is off to both those guys.

Looking forward to your contributions here!

I maybe asking a stupid question but if there isn't a chat feature there should be. It would be great on game dasys let me tell ya from my experience on other CFL fan sites.

There are a couple I've been looking at adding. It is definitely doable. Based on what I've been researching, we will likely have to make it "experimental" to begin with to see what kind of load it puts on the server. But the only real way to find out is to put it on and see what happens on game day.

And not a stupid question, we want to know what everyone wants to see on the site to make this a community people want to come to and use. So by all means, bring the suggestions. We will do our best to implement the most popular ones.