Grey Cup Week Festivities

Noeller

So who's all going to what next week?

There's 3 of us making the roadie from Calgary next Wednesday. So far, other than the game itself, we've just got tix for the TD MB Social at the Convention Centre on Friday afternoon. Hoping they have the Jets game on a big screen, as the Jets play Minnie that afternoon. Either way, should be a good time!

A lot of the team parties, like Riderville and the Atlantic thing....are cheap or free....so we'll be at a lot of those I suspect. 

What's everyone else taking in?

There's 3 of us making the roadie from Calgary next Wednesday. So far, other than the game itself, we've just got tix for the TD MB Social at the Convention Centre on Friday afternoon. Hoping they have the Jets game on a big screen, as the Jets play Minnie that afternoon. Either way, should be a good time!

A lot of the team parties, like Riderville and the Atlantic thing....are cheap or free....so we'll be at a lot of those I suspect. 

They play on a friday afternoon?

If you're actually making the road trip and not flying (which I thought you were), you should do a beer swap with Ray & I. We'll put you together a package of some of Winnipeg's finest craft and you bring us some of Alberta's.

If you're actually making the road trip and not flying (which I thought you were), you should do a beer swap with Ray & I. We'll put you together a package of some of Winnipeg's finest craft and you bring us some of Alberta's.

How do I get in on this?

I'm trying to remember if Barley Bros has a bunch of the Alberta stuff on tap there, where it'd be just as easy to try. I'm planning on loading up at the MB LC when we get into town. But yes, we are driving...never fly......f*** is that expensive. 

I'm trying to remember if Barley Bros has a bunch of the Alberta stuff on tap there, where it'd be just as easy to try. I'm planning on loading up at the MB LC when we get into town. But yes, we are driving...never fly......f*** is that expensive. 

I'm not after the typical stuff. I'm after any of the rare, intriguing stuff I wouldn't find here. Even if it's not Alberta craft, you guys aren't limited by the government and must have a WAY better selection of IPAs, ISAs, etc.

;)

I'll see what I can come up with....cops are twitchy about bringing booze across borders, so I generally don't, but I'll talk to Dave and see what he thinks about putting together a Taster Pack. 

On this topic, have you seen the "Manitoba Social" taster pack that Ft Garry and Half Pints are doing? I literally don't want to drink anything else ever again.....

I'll see what I can come up with....cops are twitchy about bringing booze across borders, so I generally don't, but I'll talk to Dave and see what he thinks about putting together a Taster Pack. 

On this topic, have you seen the "Manitoba Social" taster pack that Ft Garry and Half Pints are doing? I literally don't want to drink anything else ever again.....

What cops are stopping you over provincial borders? I've never had that happen to me ever. The sampler collab looks intriguing, but I'm not sure why they wouldn't include the new Portage & Main IPA in there.

There's a beer called Last Best and they make a great IPA. It's hard to find but I did notice sobeys has it.

Last Best is the Banff/Jasper Brew Co, and they just opened up a shop in YYC, I believe. They do have some decent stuff...

If you're ever out in Banff, go to the Banff Brew Co brew-pub and try their sampler...

What cops are stopping you over provincial borders? I've never had that happen to me ever. The sampler collab looks intriguing, but I'm not sure why they wouldn't include the new Portage & Main IPA in there.

Does Portage & Main IPA come in a smaller bottle?  That might be why.

There's a beer called Last Best and they make a great IPA. It's hard to find but I did notice sobeys has it.

Last Best is the Banff/Jasper Brew Co, and they just opened up a shop in YYC, I believe. They do have some decent stuff...

If you're ever out in Banff, go to the Banff Brew Co brew-pub and try their sampler...

Or just order the cream ale, it's ******* amazing. 

Shopping trip to the beer store? **** yes!

Bring some of that Arrogant Bastard if it hit the shelves yet.

That's actually out of some place in the states, I just happened to find it in one liquor store randomly. There's some decent offerings from local stuff here that I think would be the way to go. They're small enough at this moment that they won't have much distribution outside of Alberta or even Calgary yet that are a worthwhile try. The debate would be whether to bring IPAs and other hoppy things or go for a wider variety. 

That's actually out of some place in the states, I just happened to find it in one liquor store randomly. There's some decent offerings from local stuff here that I think would be the way to go. They're small enough at this moment that they won't have much distribution outside of Alberta or even Calgary yet that are a worthwhile try. The debate would be whether to bring IPAs and other hoppy things or go for a wider variety. 

There's stuff we think is great beer, but "Does Mike only want IPAs?" has been the question...

Neither of us are fond of most stouts or porters, primarily the oatmeal or coffee ones. Everything else is fair game. I think we both are big into IPAs but I'm absolutely not opposed to anything else, we will pretty much try anything.