Manitoba Moose

Goalie

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎04 at 11:13 AM, Floyd said:

NHL will probably alter the rules so that Matthews is eligible for it again next year...

First time, back-to-back Calder champion.

Greatest. Player. Ever.

There's an actual debate going on right now (in the media too), of whether they would do a straight-up trade for Matthews - McDavid. Lots of people are preferring Matthews. They're so delusional.

Anyhow, I hope Connor plays a few more weeks with the Moose. Things are going so well for him that they must disrupt it. Total PoMo move.

Edited by JCon

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I don't follow the moose too closely so have to reply on others. But the illegal curve guys were saying they think Connor and Roslo need another year in the AHL to develop but that Lemieux is ready for the Jets next season. 

Lemieux would be replacing Thorburn and do we really need an enforcer?

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I don't follow the moose too closely so have to reply on others. But the illegal curve guys were saying they think Connor and Roslo need another year in the AHL to develop but that Lemieux is ready for the Jets next season. 

They are probably wrong. Connor and Roslovic are ready. Lemieux probably needs another year.  I like illegal curve but keep in mind they  are really  just bloggers 

Lots of people thought Morrissey needed another year in the AHL too.  When it comes down to it, no one really knows until you actually see them in the NHL.  From my point of view, Roslovic and Connor will be ready next season.  Either that or they are 1,2 in AHL scoring next season.

36 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Lots of people thought Morrissey needed another year in the AHL too.  When it comes down to it, no one really knows until you actually see them in the NHL.  From my point of view, Roslovic and Connor will be ready next season.  Either that or they are 1,2 in AHL scoring next season.

Morrissey having good year but needs to put on another 20lbs.

38 minutes ago, Atomic said:

They're ready to be a checking line in the NHL next year?

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

They're ready to be a checking line in the NHL next year?

That's a good point.  They have to be ready to step into a top six role or stick with the Moose.  They either steal someones spot or not. 

And thats maybe the Illegal Curve guys' point, that Lemiuex could play the Jets' 4th line effectively right now.  But Connor and Jack might not play the top six effectively right now.

It depends who we lose in the draft and whether we replace them.  Connor could compete with Pereault for a top six winger role.  If we lose Armia, there is a 3rd line that *maybe* they'd give Connor and hope for more offense.  If Lowry goes or if they push Lowry to the 4th line to make it a better line (Copp-Lowry-Dano), perhaps Jack gets a look at 3C.

Nice problem to have.  As someone else said Petan is here but maybe cant fit into the Jets.  But then again, you have to plan for Little being UFA in a year and Wheeler is up in, what 2 years?