Manitoba Moose

Goalie

22 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah I agree.  I thought we dumped Thorburn to make room for younger guys to move up, and instead we just went out and got Thorburn 2.0.   Get Roslo and Perrault together and let them make some magic.

I think that was the plan and then they saw what happens when you remove too much of the grit and vet savvy from the lineup. Guys like Hendricks are not great at any one thing imo but they seem to make everyone around them play better.. they are like, skill multipliers or something. him and tanev both bring intangibles to the table that the youth movement dont.  shock blocks, smart play, energy and that something that cannot be quantified.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I was not a fan of the signing but Hendricks has been very very good in his role

should Hendricks and tanev be getting more ok time than little and armia- no but Maurice is Maurice - so it could be worse

I don't think Hendricks is getting more ice than anyone.  Definitely not more than Little.

Tanev vs. Armia is tough... very different players that bring different skills to the table.  I could see an argument for either one, especially since Tanev is on the first PK unit.  I do believe we will see a turning point where Armia starts to earn more icetime... IMO Armia is probably in line to earn a top six spot if there is more than one injury to that group.

7 hours ago, Atomic said:

I don't think Hendricks is getting more ice than anyone.  Definitely not more than Little.

Tanev vs. Armia is tough... very different players that bring different skills to the table.  I could see an argument for either one, especially since Tanev is on the first PK unit.  I do believe we will see a turning point where Armia starts to earn more icetime... IMO Armia is probably in line to earn a top six spot if there is more than one injury to that group.

Ha should read PK time...

Through 21 games, the Moose are 14-5-1-1, 1st in the Central Division, 2nd in the Western Conference, and 4th overall in the league. 

Jack Roslovic is 3rd in points with 11 goals and 11 assists.  Mike Sgarbossa is 7th with 8 goals and 12 assists. 

Hutchinson is 5th in GAA (2.13) and 3rd in Save percentage (.939), Comrie 9th GAA (2.30) and 7th Sv % (.927). 

Cameron Schilling is tied for 2nd in points among defencemen with 2 goals and 13 assists while Sami Niku is tied for 14th with 2 goals and 9 assists.

Most recent lineup:

Good news about Schilling but I'd much rather see Melchiori/Niku on that top pairing - don't care about developing a 29 year old career AHL Dman

Crazy that Spacek is fourth line centre on the Moose...  he needs playing time

Had high hopes for Kostalek but he sure plateaued

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

No need for him yet.  Let him develop.  Take those boys to a championship.

I agree.. the team's clicking here and in the A, why mess with it just to tinker?  let them both stay the course and see what transpires.. if an injury call up is needed, for sure bring him up...

20 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

beauty short-handed goal by Roslo.  There's got to be a way to get that guy up in the bigs, he's really looking good out there.

I'd love to see him on the Jets in the New Year...  probably as an injury call up

I would bring him in right away but it would mean knocking Lowry out of the lineup or its kind of pointless - and that's not going to happen

A bit of a bummer to see Petan's confidence gone...  also not sure why we traded picks to keep Dano from VGK

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

A bit of a bummer to see Petan's confidence gone...  also not sure why we traded picks to keep Dano from VGK

I see a future for Petan in Europe, probably the next time I see him play it will be scoring a goal for Canada in the Spengler Cup.  I also don't know what we saw in keeping Dano.  Sure would have liked to have been able to grab Cal Foote in the draft.

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

I'd love to see him on the Jets in the New Year...  probably as an injury call up

I would bring him in right away but it would mean knocking Lowry out of the lineup or its kind of pointless - and that's not going to happen

Well not just Dano, also protected Copp & Armia.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I see a future for Petan in Europe, probably the next time I see him play it will be scoring a goal for Canada in the Spengler Cup.  I also don't know what we saw in keeping Dano.  Sure would have liked to have been able to grab Cal Foote in the draft.

I just wonder if Dano and/or Petan wouldn't have trade value - team like the Sens, Edmonton, Columbus...?

6 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Without a trade VGK had their choice of half the team.

Or not...

https://www.arcticicehockey.com/2017/6/18/15824894/winnipeg-jets-protection-list-revealed-vegas-golden-knights-expansion-draft

Although if you think about it, if the Jets had chosen not to protect any players, Vegas could have picked ANYONE on the team.  Dodged that bullet. 

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I don't think so but Pittsburgh might.  However, the value of having good goalie depth on a year like this where we might make a real run, outweighs the 5th-7th round pick we get for Hutch.

right.  I always think you sell when an asset is in high demand, but there's not much behind Hutch so probably not a great idea.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

right.  I always think you sell when an asset is in high demand, but there's not much behind Hutch so probably not a great idea.

unless its something of value, I'd rather sit on Hutch as well... Now if it was a first or second rounder.. or LHD of a 1-6 variety...