Manitoba Moose

Goalie

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Floyd said:

Amazing how this team ended up with no real D prospects after Morrissey... and he was drafted in 2013

I think that's why they drafted 3 in a row with high picks in the last draft.  Realized that the lack of D was catching up to them.  If only my wife came to the same realization.

35 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think that's why they drafted 3 in a row with high picks in the last draft.  Realized that the lack of D was catching up to them.  If only my wife came to the same realization.

Oddly enough, the D was considered a strong suit.  And realistically, it should be.  Toby, Buff, Touba, Myers gives you, on paper, a tremendous top 4.  Morrissey being so good allows Toby and Buff to transition down as Josh and Trouba take over the top 2.  And that still gives time to develop other D prospects.

Injuries, over-all poor team D contributed to worse than expected D for the Jets.  Assuming everyone is back and healthy next season, they should be significantly improved...providing Team D improves or Huddy is replaced.

Poolman likely replaces Postma.  Maybe Chevy picks up another decent D.  But hopefully, between Poolman, Niku and Stanley, we get a couple of NHL d-men.

EDIT: Forgot about Jack Glover who is 20 and playing his 3rd year of NCAA.  Wouldnt he potentially be turning pro next season?

Edited by The Unknown Poster

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Poolman likely replaces Postma.

EDIT: Forgot about Jack Glover who is 20 and playing his 3rd year of NCAA.  Wouldnt he potentially be turning pro next season?

Poolman LHD, Postma RHD. Keep them on their natural sides IMHO.

Again Poolman is essentially UFA with Jets having small window to sign him exclusively.

If you're in your 3rd year of NCAA you're probably going 4 years. He must want to be educated.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Again Poolman is essentially UFA with Jets having small window to sign him exclusively.

If you're in your 3rd year of NCAA you're probably going 4 years. He must want to be educated.

When does he re-enter the draft?  Definitely dont want to lose him.

What about Nelson Nogier?  How's he doing with the Moose?

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Perhaps but I thought it was also about him playing with his brother this year down there?  Maybe 1 season with your bro is enough and he'll be ready to chase that NHL dream.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Perhaps but I thought it was also about him playing with his brother this year down there?  Maybe 1 season with your bro is enough and he'll be ready to chase that NHL dream.

I think you mean Poolman not Glover. Poolman's brother was in his first year of NCAA with him at UND.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ah right.  So is that next summer he's UFA if the Jets dont sign him? 

Poolman has yet to sign a contract and could become a free agent within 30 days of graduating in the spring, allowing every NHL team to potentially bid for his services - Mike McIntyre/WFP

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

16 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

When does he re-enter the draft?  Definitely dont want to lose him.

What about Nelson Nogier?  How's he doing with the Moose?

Nogier is coming along.  This is his first year with the Moose and he has looked okay... great at times, gets burned at other times.  IMO, he'll be a Jet at some point but not next year.

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Poolman has yet to sign a contract and could become a free agent within 30 days of graduating in the spring, allowing every NHL team to potentially bid for his services - Mike McIntyre/WFP

For some reason there is a feeling that the Jets will successfully sign Poolman.  It wont be a money thing but he will want the best chance to play in a city he will like for the next 7 years.  I believe he's been to all the development camps so I'd suspect he has a strong relationship with the Jets and will sign with us. 

Just now, Atomic said:

Nogier is coming along.  This is his first year with the Moose and he has looked okay... great at times, gets burned at other times.  IMO, he'll be a Jet at some point but not next year.

So realistically, we could have Nogier, Poolman, Kostalek, Stanley, Glover and Niku as D prospect in the next 1-3 years.  If we hit big on a couple, we're doing ok.  Should be at least 3 NHL caliber D out of that group.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

So realistically, we could have Nogier, Poolman, Kostalek, Stanley, Glover and Niku as D prospect in the next 1-3 years.  If we hit big on a couple, we're doing ok.  Should be at least 3 NHL caliber D out of that group.

Luke Green as well.