Manitoba Moose

Goalie

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So realistically, we could have Nogier, Poolman, Kostalek, Stanley, Glover and Niku as D prospect in the next 1-3 years.  If we hit big on a couple, we're doing ok.  Should be at least 3 NHL caliber D out of that group.

Over-estimating prospects as usual...  

Glover is really not progressing like we hoped... he's barely getting ice time iirc

Kostalek seems to have plateaued.  Nogier and Kichton are pretty meh.

Stanley has a knee injury and is a huge question mark.  Green and Cederholm are big unknowns.

Niku might have something... Chevy NEEDS to sign Poolman - who will then be plugged into Jets lineup probably too early

'Realistic' seems more like one NHL caliber D and a 6/7th D out of that group...

Edited by Floyd

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Floyd said:

Over-estimating prospects as usual...  

Glover is really not progressing like we hoped... he's barely getting ice time iirc

Kostalek seems to have plateaued.  Nogier and Kichton are pretty meh.

Stanley has a knee injury and is a huge question mark.  Green and Cederholm are big unknowns.

Niku might have something... Chevy NEEDS to sign Poolman - who will then be plugged into Jets lineup probably too early

'Realistic' seems more like one NHL caliber D and a 6/7th D out of that group...

I mostly agree but I wouldn't put Nogier and Kichton in the same group.  Nogier still has some potential to be a third pairing guy if he develops like Chiarot did.  Kichton will probably never play in the NHL.

20 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I mostly agree but I wouldn't put Nogier and Kichton in the same group.  Nogier still has some potential to be a third pairing guy if he develops like Chiarot did.  Kichton will probably never play in the NHL.

Biggest disappointment is Glover... I thought he was a huge steal and would be another Morrissey-type

Fresh take on Glover from College Hockey News.

Jack Glover and Ryan Collins were expected to be blue chippers, but have come along more slowly. Collins, 6-5, is playing well now in his junior year. Glover was set back by two offseason surgeries, and has been in and out of the lineup lately.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2017/02/22_team_of_the_week_minnesota.php

36 minutes ago, Rich said:

The good news is we scored on 50% of our shots. 

Heck of a farm team we have.  Pascal really was a hidden gem of a coach.  At least its preparing Comrie for what awaits.

Heard an interview with Roslovic where he said "we're really good defensively".  I think he meant "Comrie bails our asses out really well"

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Moose main goal is 1. To develop jets players 2. To win 

Mike Keane andHeisinger were on the radio recently and both said that.  

The moose winning is irrelevant. I mean in all honesty nobody cares about the AHL. It's a developmental league. 

Heard on the radio tonight then saying Vincent wants to win. As part of player development becoming winners is important. 

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Heard on the radio tonight then saying Vincent wants to win. As part of player development becoming winners is important. 

Of course he does but their main goal is to develop future Jets. 

If they played in Thunder Bay would people even care if they win or lose? 

I've been to a few games and the 6000 plus mostly kids seem to enjoy themselves 

Edited by Goalie

Jack Glover Is interesting still. Check out Brady Skjei and what he did or didn't do at Minnesota. Then check what he's doing for the Rangers. Minnesota is weird like that.  Skjei is an example of many who didn't do much at Minnesota but looks pretty good in the Pros 

Edited by Goalie

14 hours ago, Goalie said:

Jack Glover Is interesting still. Check out Brady Skjei and what he did or didn't do at Minnesota. Then check what he's doing for the Rangers. Minnesota is weird like that.  Skjei is an example of many who didn't do much at Minnesota but looks pretty good in the Pros 

Not sure how sound that logic is.  Our guy is doing just as little as this other guy did so he will be fine?  Plus by his third season in Minnesota, Skjei wasn't a healthy scratch more often than not, something that can't be said for Glover, who seems to have regressed from last season.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=168703

Also, not that draft position means everything to a player's future success, but a first round pick (Skjei) will tend to get more "second chances" than a 3rd round pick (Glover).  Will be interesting if the Jets sign him this off-season, because if they don't, I believe he can pursue the free agent market the season after.

I would say so far, Glover has been the second most disappointing draft pick from Jets 2.0, right after Lucas Sutter.  Hopefully he can accelerate his development because our depth in the D Prospect cupboard is a little bare.

Glover is another guy that will hit FA this summer I think...?  Seems a combination of injuries and opportunity is hampering his development.

Maybe time to start looking at Canadians again...  Seems like you either have to convince NCAA guys to sign too early or wait until they're done uni and might just go UFA.

3 hours ago, Tony Fresco said:

A small selfish part of me would rather KC stay down with the Moose this year and keep his NHL games played below 25, so he can be eligible for the calder conversation next year.  Also because I think a worthy candidate this year might get jobbed.

NHL will probably alter the rules so that Matthews is eligible for it again next year...