Henoc Muamba or Matt Nichols?

gbill2004

Henoc or Nichols?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Henoc or Nichols?

• Henoc Muamba
    • Matt Nichols

Closer to 420k....Nichols for 185k and Muamba for 235k.

Let's watch Nichols for a few more games before signing him long term though, okay?

And if he lights it up there's zero chance we get him. He's an established CFL QB. We know what we're getting. This isn't a CFL rookie making his first career start.

Well, you are saying 500k. How would that shake out?

300k for Muamb and 200k for Nichols?

That is a tad generous, no?

Seems everyone misses a key word "about". Could be $250 + $200, or $235 + $200, or $235 + $225. Could include some incentives...

Well, when you say could be 500,000 and then say closer to 450,000 or whatever it is now... that's a pretty big difference. 300,000 with bonus money for Henoc? He might be good but he's not that good in my opinion, I want Henoc back as much as anyone but giving him anything close to 300,000 with bonus's is way way way too much. 

Well, when you say could be 500,000 and then say closer to 450,000 or whatever it is now... that's a pretty big difference. 300,000 with bonus money for Henoc? He might be good but he's not that good in my opinion, I want Henoc back as much as anyone but giving him anything close to 300,000 with bonus's is way way way too much.

Again, do you not understand what "about" half a million means? In my world, that would include $450k. Throw in some incentives for Nichols for games played and you could easily approach $500k.

We need to see more of Nichols to answer this but if yesterday was any indication it proves that his 6 - 2 record as a starter this season is no fluke.

We've seen Nicholls body of work in Edmonton so I think we should know what we are getting. He's a veteran qb who may not be a long term starter but certainly good enough to help the Bombers if Willy is not able to play like now. In the mid 80's we had Tom Clements & John Hufnagel as the 2 qbs. Hufnagel wasn't good enough to beat out Clements but he could do good things when he had to go in. Willy & Nicholls are the best qb tandem we've had since then. And they're younger.

If I had to choose, it's Henoc hands down. Legit impact Cdn starters are hard to find. That said, it was so nice to see the Bombers display a bit of mental toughness rather than folding in the first quarter after all those turnovers and I think a lot of that had to do with Nichols. So, like it's been said before, why not both? The Bombers definitely have enough players who are not earning their money and could be gone in the offseason to free up enough cash to get both Muamba and Nichols. Additionally, I think the potential demand for Nichols is overrated. If so many teams are after a quality backup QB, then why weren't they in on the bidding with Edm in the first place?

If I had to choose, it's Henoc hands down. Legit impact Cdn starters are hard to find. That said, it was so nice to see the Bombers display a bit of mental toughness rather than folding in the first quarter after all those turnovers and I think a lot of that had to do with Nichols. So, like it's been said before, why not both? The Bombers definitely have enough players who are not earning their money and could be gone in the offseason to free up enough cash to get both Muamba and Nichols. Additionally, I think the potential demand for Nichols is overrated. If so many teams are after a quality backup QB, then why weren't they in on the bidding with Edm in the first place?

Read the article on why Edmonton's GM traded Nichols to Winnipeg. They traded him here so he'd get an opportunity to start, as a reward for his loyalty, perseverance, professionalism and community work in Edmonton over the past 6 years.

If Nicholls plays well would Walters really let him get away knowing he'd get all the flak if Willy got hurt again & we're back to square one with our backup qbs again losing games? I think just to keep his job next season Walters knows he has to sign him or sign or trade for another proven veteran backup qb. Nobody wants to go back to the black hole  we found ourselves in with Brohm & Marve just one game ago. And what we'd probably find ourselves in again with inexperienced backup qbs.

If Nicholls plays well would Walters really let him get away knowing he'd get all the flak if Willy got hurt again & we're back to square one with our backup qbs again losing games? I think just to keep his job next season Walters knows he has to sign him or sign or trade for another proven veteran backup qb. Nobody wants to go back to the black hole we found ourselves in with Brohm & Marve just one game ago. And what we'd probably find ourselves in again with inexperienced backup qbs.

Can't force Nichols to sign a contract.

If Nicholls plays well would Walters really let him get away knowing he'd get all the flak if Willy got hurt again & we're back to square one with our backup qbs again losing games? I think just to keep his job next season Walters knows he has to sign him or sign or trade for another proven veteran backup qb. Nobody wants to go back to the black hole we found ourselves in with Brohm & Marve just one game ago. And what we'd probably find ourselves in again with inexperienced backup qbs.

I never said that & can't figure out how you came to that conclusion. What I mean is Walters would (hopefully) find a way financially to sign him. Look at the game in BC today. John Beck is no starting CFL qb & he's 34 years old. Just a mirror image of what we had with Brian Brohm.Why would CFL teams sign washed up, old, has been qbs who never did anything as pro qbs? Fans in BC like Winnipeg aren't stupid. Beck shouldn't even be on the Lions roster & why wouldn't Buono have signed a younger more promising qb? They have less than 20,000 in attendance because BC fans are fed up. The Lions are dying.

I never said that & can't figure out how you came to that conclusion. What I mean is Walters would (hopefully) find a way financially to sign him. Look at the game in BC today. John Beck is no starting CFL qb & he's 34 years old. Just a mirror image of what we had with Brian Brohm.Why would CFL teams sign washed up, old, has been qbs who never did anything as pro qbs? Fans in BC like Winnipeg aren't stupid. Beck shouldn't even be on the Lions roster & why wouldn't Buono have signed a younger more promising qb? They have less than 20,000 in attendance because BC fans are fed up. The Lions are dying.

Tedford and Wally may be in danger of being ousted before O'Shea and Walters.  Wally had a good run but it looks like it's over.

Read the article on why Edmonton's GM traded Nichols to Winnipeg. They traded him here so he'd get an opportunity to start, as a reward for his loyalty, perseverance, professionalism and community work in Edmonton over the past 6 years.

By opportunity to start I assume you mean for the rest of the season. If Nichols really wants to be a bonafide starter rather than a backup or 1b at best then I can't see him resigning here.

What you said and what you meant are two different things.  And who knows, it may have nothing to do with money.  Nichols may want an opportunity to start and with Willy here, he may not be interested in Winnipeg.  But knowing Walters, he's a smart guy and I see him doing everything he can to get Nichols extended. 

What if he really likes it here and does not mind the being the back up. Seems like even though he has been here 11 days really enjoying the Bomber organization.

That's what I'm hoping, and I'm not saying that's not the case, but you just never know what a guy is thinking and what his agent is telling him. His situation is tough to read...

Let's hope the Bombers put on the full court press and try to woo him to stay here.  I think it'd take at least Drew Tate money to get him to sign, which is I believe around $200k per season. 

Henoc Muamba and there's no hesitation or thinking twice about it.

An adequate backup QB does not have equal value to a star Canadian defensive player.

I agree and would choose Muamba too.

Starting to agree with Curt Henning here.

That's cool...everyone's entitled to their opinion. Hope you now understand what "about" means.

That's cool...everyone's entitled to their opinion. Hope you now understand what "about" means.

about means almost or on the verge of...450 is NOT almost or on the verge of 500.

about means almost or on the verge of...450 is NOT almost or on the verge of 500.

erll.gif

Why do I have to choose? Shouldn't be difficult to fit both in. Nichols is not in as high a demand as all that that he's going to command starter money.

That's what I'm finding tough to gauge. Are you sure he won't be in demand this offseason? Montreal, BC and Ottawa could all potentially be interested in him as a starter. Sask possibly as well, depending on Durants recovery.

erll.gif
Exactly.