Chris Randle "Out for a While"

Rich

Doubt it. Willie looked good when he got the ball. Would like to see more

Agreed.  Willie looked great.  He showed some flashes of having some big play abilities. 

I actually noticed Willie looks HUGE out there... I was surprised he's only listed at 6'2 220... I woulda guessed 6'5 235...

Doubt it. Willie looked good when he got the ball. Would like to see more

Agreed.  Willie looked great.  He showed some flashes of having some big play abilities. 

I actually noticed Willie looks HUGE out there... I was surprised he's only listed at 6'2 220... I woulda guessed 6'5 235...

I thought the exact same thing.  Dude looked massive.

Mike Willie's scouting report form college:

Bio: Junior college transfer who's started the past two years, posting 36 receptions/455 yards/3 TDs as a senior and 36/442/6 as a junior.

Positive: Athletic receiver with nice size and upside. Makes difficult catches in traffic, lays out for the errant throw and makes some incredibly athletic grabs. Displays good eye/hand coordination, flashes big-time skill and makes the tough catch downfield. Plays faster than his 40 time and outruns opponents down the sideline. Effective when he extends to make the reception away from his frame. Quickly transitions from making the catch to running after the reception.

Negative: Loses focus on occasion and drops some catchable throws. Must be more aware of ball security. Lacks great deep burst and the ability to get separation down the field.

Analysis: Willie is physically gifted and has shown flashes of ability, though has never truly elevated his game. He's a terrific developmental prospect who could eventually grow into a fourth receiver if properly coached.

Personally i thought the Oline gave Brohm lots of time for the most part last game, guess they fell a part when we needed them the most tho, and that was on the Demski error that we recovered... Didn't give up a sack until that point and 2 players later, we had given up 2... Looked to me like Greaves was the guy that was owned the most on that "drive".

There were two plays in a row where Greaves and Picard were double-teaming that guy who rubbed his gut. They literally didn't get a hand on him on the second play and he came straight through his gap untouched, on the first Greaves engaged him for about a second and a half, moved him inside to the double team while Picard watched the guy wander into the backfield. If Picard doesn't want to block anyone maybe he should retire.

As mediocre as Morley was made out to be, I don't ever remember him getting run over like Picard does. I believe Picard was signed for the hype more than his actual playing ability. Walters has to get smarter.
Lmfao. Yea the shiny lights and bells and whistles were was sealed the deal.

Unreal.

Honestly, do you even understand what the word "hype" means?

honestly, you think walters based one of his biggest aquisitions on hype and not discussions with wylie, bellfuille and O'shea coupled with tape?

course you do or else ya wouldnt have suggested it.

I think the Picard signing was based on bringing some vet presence to the oline, I think he was brought in also to help Goossen learn also, give him another year to learn behind a vet, a guy who was pretty decent really.... Perhaps they thought re-uniting him with his old oline coach Wylie would help him get better, it hasn't worked like that tho. Picard hasn't been good but... at the same time, I think Greaves and Neufeld as guards have been worse.