Bombers release OT Corey Lewis

gbill2004

Let's see we have been keeping Lewis around since tc an imp oline man and he ain't even good enough to get in one game?With all our injuries? Love to hear the logic on this one.

I'm guessing it's as simple as Sam Longo being better. Is it bad to try to keep improving the roster after TC?

It's bad that they seemingly can't find a player good enough to stay on the roster.

Agreed. I can only assume no other team in the CFL has dropped a player from their practice roster this season.

Let's see we have been keeping Lewis around since tc an imp oline man and he ain't even good enough to get in one game?With all our injuries? Love to hear the logic on this one.

I'm guessing it's as simple as Sam Longo being better. Is it bad to try to keep improving the roster after TC?

It's bad that they seemingly can't find a player good enough to stay on the roster.

Agreed. I can only assume no other team in the CFL has dropped a player from their practice roster this season.

I see what you're saying. When the fan base starts nit-picking about PR moves, we're just looking for thinks to complain about #winnipeg #yadayadayada

But, this isn't a WR or a DB that you keep a half dozen of snatched on the PR and 1-game injured list. It's an import tackle that we desperately need. We signed him in the spring and he was supposedly developing during the past few months. it's a bit of a disappointment than the only other Imp tackle was just signed and we have to start the process all over, oping that this guy is better.

No, sorry but you're completely wrong. If you bring in a player midseason and he is already better than the guy you've been developing, you obviously keep the new guy.

And I really don't see how this can in any way be used as an indictment on Walters considering he brought in both Lewis and Longo. What if Longo gets on the roster and turns out to be the best RT we've played all year?

You got it right in the first part of your post Jesse. This is just fans nitpicking. This kind of move happens on every team, year after year.

No, sorry but you're completely wrong. If you bring in a player midseason and he is already better than the guy you've been developing, you obviously keep the new guy.

And I really don't see how this can in any way be used as an indictment on Walters considering he brought in both Lewis and Longo. What if Longo gets on the roster and turns out to be the best RT we've played all year?

You got it right in the first part of your post Jesse. This is just fans nitpicking. This kind of move happens on every team, year after year.

Absolutely you do, not disagreeing with that at all. And I am nitpicking at this point, I get that. 

I guess I'm just disappointed that the guy we've been developing was so bad, he got beat that quickly. Or that he wasn't replaced sooner, given the amount of injuries we've had.

Absolutely you do, not disagreeing with that at all. And I am nitpicking at this point, I get that. 

I guess I'm just disappointed that the guy we've been developing was so bad, he got beat that quickly. Or that he wasn't replaced sooner, given the amount of injuries we've had.

I'm happy that a guy we just signed is so good that he's already beat out a guy we've been developing for a few months. Great job Kyle!!

I'm happy that a guy we just signed is so good that he's already beat out a guy we've been developing for a few months. Great job Kyle!!

Glass half empty...

Glass half full...

Glass half empty...

Glass half full...

Actually, if you have an empty glass, it's empty.  If you fill it up half way, it's half full.  If you fill it up all the way it's full.  If you drink half of it, then it's half empty.

tumblr_npwt73wAcv1smzoqoo1_400.gif

Glass half empty...

Glass half full...

Bonus points for colour emphasis. A nice blue star.