The Legend of Khari Jones

great qb with outstanding supporting cast. he burned up while here.tho... toasted his arm..

wasnt a rocket thrower but knew where to throw it.. very.very cerebral..

but wasnt a joe montana or dan marino... but was an elway or flutie..

Dude Elway was one if not the hardest throwing quarterbacks of

all time...

The response was, weak arm, couldnt throw, slow, too many INT, couldnt play when he left Winnipeg, elite receivers made him look good.

wasn't a strong arm but it was good enough, fast enough to run when he needed to, certainly a lot faster than the likes of Ray or Calvillo right now. Lots of ints sure but a hell of a lot more TDs and a hell of a lot of wins in his time as a bomber qb. When speaking of receivers just think about 2002 for a while... Jones through 46 tds, almost enough for a record, Stegall had 23 but one was from Barnes so 22 from Jones, that still leaves 24 tds for Jones, only Calvillo threw more than 24 tds in 2002, that's a staggering number. even without his top receiver Jones was still top 2 in td passes. Not to mention that Charles Roberts was in double digits in touchdowns as well. 

People maybe forget what happened to his shoulder in his last bit of time here. It was damaged and never able to recover properly. It's also worth pointing out that in Calgary he did have some success, the problem was that he was brought in by Dunigan and when he was fired they wanted to turn the page completely and with Jones being one of Dunigans moves he had to go to make way for Burris. Bottom line people who don't think Khari was a very good to great qb are morons.

46 TDs.... have we even thrown for that many TD's in the 3 years with LaPolice and Burke all combined????

Fun fact, if you discount the 23 TD passes Khari threw to Milt in 2002, he still only threw TWO less touchdown passes than Buck Pierce has in his four years here.

You're going to have to explain. I don't see how this makes any sense.

Montana or Marino were QBs that could win a game on their own all the time, you always got elite level stuff from them... elway and flutie could, on occasion but more.often then not needed.greatness around them..

great qb with outstanding supporting cast. he burned up while here.tho... toasted his arm..

wasnt a rocket thrower but knew where to throw it.. very.very cerebral..

Dude Elway was one if not the hardest throwing quarterbacks of

all time...

see post.before this, i wasnt comparing arm strength.

Yeah I'll second that. What? Flutie was a freakin freak of nature. He was an AMAZING QB. I've never seen a guy look like he's about to fail and succeed nonetheless. The guy had rabbit feet and horseshoes coming out of his ass. And Elway was a great QB as well.

see two posts below this..

i agree flutie was a very very good qb.. but like khari, i dont know if you put him on an average or bad team, that we al still be a very very good qb..

Montana or Marino were QBs that could win a game on their own all the time, you always got elite level stuff from them... elway and flutie could, on occasion but more.often then not needed.greatness around them..

Elway carried some so so teams to Super Bowls. Elway's biggest problem was his head coach Dan Reeves who ran a conservative offense. He held John back from getting more passing yardage & winning more games. He could have had Marino like numbers if he was with almost any other coach.

Do you guys remember back on Thanksgiving weekend in 2010 when we had that miracle comeback against the Lions?  Alex Brink started the game and was awful but the Jyles came in and it ended up being one of the biggest comebacks in Bomber history.  I think we all remember that game. 

With about a minute to go in that game Jyles sort of chucked one up in the end zone and Greg Carr made a great catch to get us within 3 points.

Just to repeat that game was in early October 2010.

Why am I talking about this right now in this particular thread?

In 2002 Khari Jones threw 46 touchdown passes.  One season-  46 touchdown passes.

That pass from Steven Jyles to Greg Carr in October 2010 was the 46th last touchdown pass thrown by a Bomber quarterback as of today.     

Do you guys remember back on Thanksgiving weekend in 2010 when we had that miracle comeback against the Lions? Alex Brink started the game and was awful but the Jyles came in and it ended up being one of the biggest comebacks in Bomber history. I think we all remember that game.

With about a minute to go in that game Jyles sort of chucked one up in the end zone and Greg Carr made a great catch to get us within 3 points.

In 2002 Khari Jones threw 46 touchdown passes. One season- 46 touchdown passes.

That pass from Steven Jyles to Greg Carr in October 2010 was the 46th last touchdown pass thrown by a Bomber quarterback as of today.

Well, that is a depressing stat.

Do you guys remember back on Thanksgiving weekend in 2010 when we had that miracle comeback against the Lions? Alex Brink started the game and was awful but the Jyles came in and it ended up being one of the biggest comebacks in Bomber history. I think we all remember that game.

No.  The depressing stat is the idea that our 46th next TD pass from today could come in 2016. 

. Maybe the single most intelligent QB the Bombers have ever had.

well that might be going a little far...
I know this: He was not a "student athlete" in college. Dude was there on intellectual merit, and was there to get a degree. Just also happened to be good at football.

I know this: He was not a "student athlete" in college. Dude was there on intellectual merit, and was there to get a degree. Just also happened to be good at football.

and I'm not denying that he's a smart dude but to flat out state the single most intelligent qb in Bomber history? 

and I'm not denying that he's a smart dude but to flat out state the single most intelligent qb in Bomber history?
Well, in my mind, that's more a statement about some of the dumb dumbs we've had. #LottaMeatHeads

This shouldn't even be a debate.  Khari was a very good QB.  HIs chemistry with the receivers maybe made them more than the sum of the parts but in his prime he would have been very good on any team.

Too bad a horrible OL let him take huge hits on almost every play until the poor guy was finished.

Hey, not much has changed!

• 2 weeks later...

No.  The depressing stat is the idea that our 46th next TD pass from today could come in 2016. 

And even more depressing, this is still true.  Unless I missed it we haven't thrown a TD pass since this thread was started. 

When you consider the amount of garbage time we play that's even more stunning. 

When was our last TD pass?  Please don't tell me it was those Goltz to Etienne passes in the Calgary game?

And even more depressing, this is still true.  Unless I missed it we haven't thrown a TD pass since this thread was started. 

When you consider the amount of garbage time we play that's even more stunning. 

When was our last TD pass?  Please don't tell me it was those Goltz to Etienne passes in the Calgary game?

It was August 16 vs. the Ti-Cats. Hall to Kolhert.  Slightly less depressing than if had been the Calgary game.