Greg "The" Peach Signs with Bombers, Freddie Harris Released

Atomic

According to CJOB. Look out Kenny Mainor? Or maybe just looking to add to the rotation. Hall-Mainor-Peach isn't a bad DE rotation...

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed import defensive end Greg Peach.

Peach (6-3, 255, Eastern Washington, DOB: November 19, 1986 in Vancouver, Washington) was recently released by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats where he appeared in 15 games last season and registered 36 tackles and tied the team-lead with six sacks.  He entered the CFL with the Edmonton Eskimos in 2009 and has recorded 130 defensive tackles, five special teams tackles, three forced fumbles, 19 sacks, three fumble returns and one interception throughout his career.

At Eastern Washington, Peach set new school records for single-season quarterback sacks (18), career quarterback sacks (35.5), single-season tackles for loss (28) and career tackles for loss (63).  His 35.5 career sack record is second most in the Big Sky Conference behind only Jared Allen’s career total of 38.5.  Peach captured the Buck Buchanan Award in his senior season which is presented to the NCAA Division 1 FCS’ top defensive player.

The Blue Bombers have also released import defensive end Freddie Harris.

http://bluebombers.com/article/blue-bombers-sign-defensive-end-greg-peach

Clever nickname you came up with there, Atomic.

It's a meh move as far as I'm concerned.  Dude can't stay healthy and has proven to be an average player.  Harris hasn't made much noise lately.  The only real positive I see is that Harris is just another one of a few guys, that are now being held accountable for not performing

I'll take it, provided he is over his injury. He can play teams, he has the right passport, and I bet he can stay onside.

Peach is American lol

oh, ffs. Then consider me lukewarm to the idea.

LMAO. He was born in Vancouver... Washington.

people assume any white non QB must be CDN.

I'll take it, provided he is over his injury. He can play teams, he has the right passport, and I bet he can stay onside.

Peach is American lol

3cf4funny-Stephen-Colbert-race-black-peo

Peach is American lol

I know I do...

I remember when I thought Arkee Whitlock and Anwar Stewart were Canadian for the longest time.

I'm still upset that Jeff Johnson of the Argos isn't a white kid from the Canadian prairies. Couldn't believe it when I actually saw him for the first time...

Peach is American lol

I'm in the same boat as you

I like this signing if he is healthy enough to play.  He is an upgrade on Freddie Harris and he will also push Kenny Mainor.  It doesn't look great because the DL is the least of our concerns right now, but he will make a strong position even stronger.  Just because we need DBs and OL doesn't mean we should be passing up on opportunities for better players in other areas when they arise.

Upgrade over Freddie Harris.  I think our schemes are still the problem though... not sure how much personnel changes are going to impact things.

ehh seems like they're just grabbing anyone and everyone with some experience at this point. 

Hmmmm...the assumption seems to be that it's a lack of talent...hopefully these are lateral moves at worst.

My thought this morning was that Walters/Burke felt so hamstrung by Mack's unwillingness to go after ANY FAs, that they're overcompensating and going after everyone and anyone, just because they can. Throw enough **** against the wall, something will stick...

The thing is people (especially the media) like to mock or critisize these small moves.  But I don't see it that way.  It's about getting better one player at a time.  Its going to be painstaking and lengthy.

Kelly is a little better then Anderson.  Peach is a little better then Harris.  So on and so on.  And one day you are a .500 team and then you find better players again bit by bit and one day you are 12-6.  I hope.  So yeah these moves are meh and most of these players have less then stellar resumes.  But they can still be an improvement over the guys who got you to 1-7.