Greg "The" Peach Signs with Bombers, Freddie Harris Released

Atomic

The thing is people (especially the media) like to mock or critisize these small moves.  But I don't see it that way.  It's about getting better one player at a time.  Its going to be painstaking and lengthy.

Kelly is a little better then Anderson.  Peach is a little better then Harris.  So on and so on.  And one day you are a .500 team and then you find better players again bit by bit and one day you are 12-6.  I hope.  So yeah these moves are meh and most of these players have less then stellar resumes.  But they can still be an improvement over the guys who got you to 1-7.

I think that Walters spent the last two weeks poring over just how Taman patched together the Riders with other teams cast-offs.  The one thing Taman has and the last piece of our puzzle will be a quality, durable QB.

It's not so much that I dislike the move for this season - Peach if healthy will be better than Harris - but I'd rather approach the rest of the season as a training camp.  I want to find long term solutions, and Peach isn't likely going to be one.  

I understand why they prefer this method though, as my job isn't on the line.  

I agree Walters is campaigning for the job. And he should be.

But I don't see the negative you do as in your "statement"

The 'waiver wire' is only one tool, and I'm pretty sure Walters is aware of that.

The fact that he and Moll acted swiftly to secure Simms-Walker is an indication.

Nobody is 'sold' on Walters as yet, but let the forward moving steps continue.

These baby step signings, compared to previous signings, are flowing in as opposed to dribbling in.

The thing is people (especially the media) like to mock or critisize these small moves.  But I don't see it that way.  It's about getting better one player at a time.  Its going to be painstaking and lengthy.

Kelly is a little better then Anderson.  Peach is a little better then Harris.  So on and so on.  And one day you are a .500 team and then you find better players again bit by bit and one day you are 12-6.  I hope.  So yeah these moves are meh and most of these players have less then stellar resumes.  But they can still be an improvement over the guys who got you to 1-7.

I wish I could like this post 1000 times.

There's a chance Aaron Kelly could play for Doug Pierce this weekend. #Bombers

#Bombers still haven't decided on a quarterback. They'll see how Max Hall's hand is in the morning. Goltz got nearly all reps.

Looked like James Green was going to be out for a long time, but it was just a bruise. He practised today. #Bombers

I'm not sure how they can still be undecided on QB after the second straight day that Goltz got the starter's reps. 

I am just curious to know why this team hates Goltz so much.  Out of the three has the best physical skillset (obviously you need more than that) but he also provides a lot more flexibility in the game plan.  Boltus possesses a similar skillset and they just brought him in, yet Goltz doesn't get any love.

I'm not sure how they can still be undecided on QB after the second straight day that Goltz got the starter's reps. 

I am just curious to know why this team hates Goltz so much.  Out of the three has the best physical skillset (obviously you need more than that) but he also provides a lot more flexibility in the game plan.  Boltus possesses a similar skillset and they just brought him in, yet Goltz doesn't get any love.

Tin Foily time, they're trying hard to distance themselves from Joe Mack to curry favour with the unruly masses.

Here's my theory on Goltz.  He's an inaccurate passer.  It's his tragic flaw.  Arm strength, size, mobility are all the best of the Bombers QB's but if 3 out of 10 passes are two yards behind the receiver it's a big problem.  Even if the receiver adjusts for the catch the YAC is compromised.  We've seen him play in a few games and its fairly obvious even to use fans accuracy is a problem.    But the coaches see him all the time throwing balls in practice.  And my guess is they know he can't deliver the ball where it needs to go often enough to be effective.  So where we've seen him miss guys 15 times they've seen him do it 1500 times. 

Of course I'm not in coaches meetings so for me to say what they think is only a guess.  But what seems clear is that they don't have a lot of faith in him.

Here's my theory on Goltz.  He's an inaccurate passer.  It's his tragic flaw.  Arm strength, size, mobility are all the best of the Bombers QB's but if 3 out of 10 passes are two yards behind the receiver it's a big problem.  Even if the receiver adjusts for the catch the YAC is compromised.  We've seen him play in a few games and its fairly obvious even to use fans accuracy is a problem.    But the coaches see him all the time throwing balls in practice.  And my guess is they know he can't deliver the ball where it needs to go often enough to be effective.  So where we've seen him miss guys 15 times they've seen him do it 1500 times. 

Of course I'm not in coaches meetings so for me to say what they think is only a guess.  But what seems clear is that they don't have a lot of faith in him.

Burke's comments on his footwork being poor is basically code for inaccurate.  Bad feet = bad accuracy on passes

Getting Goltz to be more accurate is something that can be coached in practice.  I'm thinking that they don't have the patience for it right now.  The sense of urgency is still there with the coaches, even though it really shouldn't be anymore. 

Getting Goltz to be more accurate is something that can be coached in practice.  I'm thinking that they don't have the patience for it right now.  The sense of urgency is still there with the coaches, even though it really shouldn't be anymore. 

All we need is some decent coaches to coach our coaches on how to coach, then they could help coach up the entire team.

Goltz is the only reason to tune into this weeks fiasco.  Hopefully he makes it the entire game behind our D'Oh-line so I can see him live in the Banjo Bowl.

If he hasn't figured it out by now, he never will. He's not a kid anymore.

He's been here for 3 years and his accuracy hasn't improved at all... how long are they supposed to wait?

He's been here for 3 years and his accuracy hasn't improved at all... how long are they supposed to wait?

We all know how much game experience he has in those 3 years. Not much.  It's not time to give up on him just yet.

We all know how much game experience he has in those 3 years. Not much.  It's not time to give up on him just yet.

What does game experience have to do with accuracy?  That's the one thing you can work on while running the scout team and even in the off-season with whoever he wants to throw the ball to.  Playing in games won't make him throw a more accurate ball.

What does game experience have to do with accuracy?  That's the one thing you can work on while running the scout team and even in the off-season with whoever he wants to throw the ball to.  Playing in games won't make him throw a more accurate ball.

Wut?  How can you equate throwing in practice with throwing in a game?  You could be a dead on accurate passer in practice, but when the game starts and you don't have experience in shutting out the noise, taunting from the other team, the butterflies in your stomach, the thought that everyone in the stadium wants to rip your head off if you lose, etc... not to mention once you say hut you have at least 4-8 monstrous guys running straight for you wanting to smash you into the turf.  Yeah I'm thinking you get a bit more jittery when you're playing live, which means your going to make mistakes and your accuracy is going to be off.

And yes...playing in live games will make you more accurate.  Any experience will normally make you better unless you've reached your peak.

Wut?  How can you equate throwing in practice with throwing in a game?  You could be a dead on accurate passer in practice, but when the game starts and you don't have experience in shutting out the noise, taunting from the other team, the butterflies in your stomach, the thought that everyone in the stadium wants to rip your head off if you lose, etc... not to mention once you say hut you have at least 4-8 monstrous guys running straight for you wanting to smash you into the turf.  Yeah I'm thinking you get a bit more jittery when you're playing live, which means your going to make mistakes and your accuracy is going to be off.

And yes...playing in live games will make you more accurate.  Any experience will normally make you better unless you've reached your peak.

Ok but how about when you're throwing 50% in practice and in games?  Then what?  If he's not improving in practice then he's not going to get any better in games.

Please.  I've been to practice and training camp dozens of times over the last 3 years and he looks the same as he did on day one.  Overthrows and underthrows the most balls of any QB we've had here in that time.  It's naive to think it will get better by playing in games.