The Jets' RFA's after this year.

Ducky

Myers = Hamonic. Myers brings more 0. Hamonic brings more D. They are very similar actually.Nobody would need to add. Nothing significant at least. Maybe at most a 4th round pick but myers and Hamonic straight up is pretty fair. I wouldn't add more than a 4th Rd pick. Not sure why any jets fan would. Hamonic is being massively over valued. Myers for Hamonic is fair. You don't make that trade if you end up losing it and adding more than a 4th Rd pick = losing the trade 

I'd add as much as a 2nd. I don't judge Hamonic on one game. He averages 24 minutes of shutdown hockey every game. Myers is very poor defensively and the reason he won't be traded is because of his salary friendly contract. I'd add a 2017 2nd rounder.

Myers and Hamonic's metrics are almost exactly the same... Myers scores more

I'm having a hard time seeing a trade that makes sense to bring Hamonic here if Myers isn't enough.  Islanders are not in any cap trouble, have lots of prospects...  similar team to Jets just a couple years ahead.

IF we end up with Hamonic, he's probably third pairing - Trouba plays way better when he gets a lot of minutes

Adding a 2nd means you lose that trade. They are equal in value. Myers for Hamonic straight up or we just keep myers. It's really that simple. Cuz you know what... Buff Trouba Myers aka rhd isn't an issue with the Jets. We don't need Hamonic. Yeah it would be nice but why overpay for him when he's another RHD. Myers straight up or no deal really. I'm not basing Hamonic on one game either. I'm not basing myers on one game either also. They are equal. Their fancy stats are pretty similar. Slight edge to myers actually 

Edited by Goalie

45 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Adding a 2nd means you lose that trade. They are equal in value. Myers for Hamonic straight up or we just keep myers. It's really that simple. Cuz you know what... Buff Trouba Myers aka rhd isn't an issue with the Jets. We don't need Hamonic. Yeah it would be nice but why overpay for him when he's another RHD. Myers straight up or no deal really. I'm not basing Hamonic on one game either. I'm not basing myers on one game either also. They are equal. Their fancy stats are pretty similar. Slight edge to myers actually 

Win or lose the Jets are a better team after the trade. Much better defensively and Trouba can pick up the offense that he really should be anyway.

Where did you see in any universe where Myers' stats are better than Hamonic's? Hamonic plays against every team's 1st line and has better stats than Myers. It is a fact that Myers' D pairing's stats are always poorer with Myers as a pair....if you really want to talk stats. Myers and a 2nd in 2017 and we are a much better team. We easily replace that 2nd by trading Staf at the trade deadline next season.

30 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Win or lose the Jets are a better team after the trade. Much better defensively and Trouba can pick up the offense that he really should be anyway.

Where did you see in any universe where Myers' stats are better than Hamonic's? Hamonic plays against every team's 1st line and has better stats than Myers. It is a fact that Myers' D pairing's stats are always poorer with Myers as a pair....if you really want to talk stats. Myers and a 2nd in 2017 and we are a much better team. We easily replace that 2nd by trading Staf at the trade deadline next season.

Leddy and Boychuk are their top D.

He's not on their main power play or penalty kill guy...  very very similar player to Myers.

11 hours ago, Floyd said:

Leddy and Boychuk are their top D.

He's not on their main power play or penalty kill guy...  very very similar player to Myers.

Hamonic is on their 1st PK team plus he averages more TOI than any other D man on the team. Where do you get your info from???????? Spewing BS really helps your credibility. Do some  research before you post.

Ducky: Be Honest, IF hamonic didn't want to be traded here, if he wasn't from Manitoba? would you still be pumping his tires as much? Cuz i feel, perhaps you are over valuing what Hamonic actually brings. He's a good d man but on the Jets, he's probably not in the top 4 unless he can play the left side. 

He'd be the 2nd best RHD we have if all our D men suited up healthy next game and the Jets are a better team with him in the lineup. He would be a great mentor to the young D we have in the system and  I really wouldn't even care if he were born in Russia.

Read a bit about him. Check out what coaches and management types have to say about him. Check out what players from his team AND other teams have to say about him. Look at how he is handling his trade request going public. He is a pro and wants to play in Winnipeg and happens to be one of the better shutdown D men in the league (world). He doesn't get mentioned in the Norris conversation because he doesn't produce points. I don't care. With the D men the Jets have that shouldn't be a problem, especially if Myers isn't here and Trouba is given more O time. If Hamonic were an LHD, he would have been here already.

Not saying Hamonic isn't a very very good player... he's top 4 D.  But so is Myers.  Halak is probably the difference between their stats... especially PK.  

Hamonic was eating minutes after Boychuk's injury...  

Not sure how Hamonic is a better mentor than Myers - both are 25/26 yrs and experienced

Myers-Hamonic straight up would actually be a really good trade for the Isles...  they need an offensive Dman...

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Not saying Hamonic isn't a very very good player... he's top 4 D.  But so is Myers.  Halak is probably the difference between their stats... especially PK.  

Hamonic was eating minutes after Boychuk's injury...  

Not sure how Hamonic is a better mentor than Myers - both are 25/26 yrs and experienced

Myers-Hamonic straight up would actually be a really good trade for the Isles...  they need an offensive Dman...

Because Hamonic could actually tell them how to play defense?

You don't think players learn from other players? Just last week Maurice was saying they learn more from the guy they sit next to on the bench than any coach. So, ya, I think he can help them out. You don't think Morrissey was helped out by Myers a few games ago? Being local is fine and dandy but wanting to play here is huge. I think he brings other major benefits as well. Enstrom-Hamonic would be an excellent shutdown pairing.

Floyd, The Isles' D men are outscoring the Jets D men.....not saying they couldn't use and offensive-minded D man but they get more offense from their back end then the Jets do.

Edited by Ducky

37 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Floyd, The Isles' D men are outscoring the Jets D men.....not saying they couldn't use and offensive-minded D man but they get more offense from their back end then the Jets do.

Except they're not...  they have more depth on D but their top 4 don't have as many points as Jets top 4

You look at these two defence cores and your glaring differences are more the fact that Stuart had a prominent PK role for much of the year...  you replace Stuart with a guy like Hickey...  that's a big improvement

Edited by Floyd

15 minutes ago, Ducky said:

That all depends on who you call their top 4....De Haan is a top 4 pairing (paired with Hamonic) but he is only 6th in scoring.

I'd rather replace Stu with Hamonic.......when he gets back, I don't think Stu sees as much PK time.

Its pretty clear who the top four are... its that third pairing that is totally out performing ours. 

Leddy-Boychuk

DeHaan-Hamonic

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:11 PM, Ducky said:

You don't think players learn from other players? Just last week Maurice was saying they learn more from the guy they sit next to on the bench than any coach. So, ya, I think he can help them out. You don't think Morrissey was helped out by Myers a few games ago? Being local is fine and dandy but wanting to play here is huge. I think he brings other major benefits as well. Enstrom-Hamonic would be an excellent shutdown pairing.

as long as the puck never went into the corner, and as long as no one ever was standing in front of the net.  But otherwise, yeah Enstrom can really shut down the other team all right.  Seriously, I spit out my coffee laughing when I read that sentence.