Alex Hall To Be Fined

Floyd

After waving off the coaches last game, Burke says Hall will get 'heavily fined'...

I guess I am just piling on here... but what a bad decision... Hall doesn't give a crap about $$, he is playing to get back into the NFL and to get the sack record...  I can't believe Burke didn't bench him for a game - what a different coach than I had envisioned in the off-season...

The only 'tough' move he made was cutting Hefney... which was actually more stupid than tough.  Frustrating.

The only 'tough' move he made was cutting Hefney... which was actually more stupid than tough.  Frustrating.

How was it stupid when the guy has been a healthy scratch for more than half of Calgary's games this year? It would have been done sooner had Mack not said no initially when Burke first brought up the idea of letting him go.

How was it stupid when the guy has been a healthy scratch for more than half of Calgary's games this year? It would have been done sooner had Mack not said no initially when Burke first brought up the idea of letting him go.

Shaddup...the ah seen the guy make a pick...right in front of me he were...

Demond Washington, who plays where Hefney did, and Desia Dunn, who plays where Hefney should have played, have been two of the most solid players on D. I loved 09-11 Hefney, but when he messed up the plans to play him at SAM after cutting Kent that was when my opinion of him changed.

A.  The old 'he's not starting on another team' argument is just so tired... guys cut in TC have a hard time fitting into other systems - I'd take Hef back in a second.

B.  Hef wouldn't be a 'team' player so we cut him because he wants to play where he feels strongest... yet Hall gets a slap on the wrist for over-ruling the coaches in the middle of a game...

Blah blah all you want... Hef bailed out our asses constantly last season and got repaid by a mid-camp cut...

Washington has been good but not Hefney good... Dunn - I just honestly don't see it... Dan Hawkins made him look good for a couple games I guess, just my opinion.

Then again, no one can actually look good in a Creehan defence.

I watched the game, but missed of missed the Hall "incident".  Why exactly was he waving off the coaches?  Not sure what OP's problem with Hall is...or how that correlates with Hefney, who has lost a step and was adequately replaced. 

Replaced by our super awesome secondary...  kind of like Logan was adequately replaced I guess... good point.

I watched the game, but missed of missed the Hall "incident".  Why exactly was he waving off the coaches?  Not sure what OP's problem with Hall is...or how that correlates with Hefney, who has lost a step and was adequately replaced. 

Replaced by our super awesome secondary...  kind of like Logan was adequately replaced I guess... good point.

Just because Cauchy is brutal doesn't suddenly make Logan any good.  He was just as terrible last season.

I don't understand... what part of the CBA would this fall under?  Why can a team not fine a player for ignoring the coach...?  Isn't it like a code of conduct thing?

Well, there would have to be a line as far as fines go.  Otherwise the teams could take back a lot of salary from every player during the season for various mistakes.  

Be pretty tough to win this one in an arb. imo.  

A.  The old 'he's not starting on another team' argument is just so tired... guys cut in TC have a hard time fitting into other systems - I'd take Hef back in a second.

B.  Hef wouldn't be a 'team' player so we cut him because he wants to play where he feels strongest... yet Hall gets a slap on the wrist for over-ruling the coaches in the middle of a game...

Blah blah all you want... Hef bailed out our asses constantly last season and got repaid by a mid-camp cut...

Washington has been good but not Hefney good... Dunn - I just honestly don't see it... Dan Hawkins made him look good for a couple games I guess, just my opinion.

I think you are guilty of remember Hefney from 2 or 3 or 4 years ago moreso than last year. Hefney used to be real damned good but last year cracks appeared in his game. I have no problems saying Washington has been as good this year as Hefney was last year. 

You are of course correct that Hall is getting off easy and should have had his ass stapled to the bench for at least part of the game but that's neither here nor there when talking about Hefney. Bottom line Washington was taking his spot at halfback, Hefney could have stayed here by switching to SAM but he didn't want to and as a result he was cut.

rails-train-off-wherewearegoing-backtoth

There was an offside call. Could have been a line call, but #96 was flagged. 

There was time for a substitution but Hall waved off the replacement and stayed in the game. 

Everybody knew at this point that there were going to be 'consequences'.

Burke should have pulled him at this point and benched him for a few series.

With our limited rosters and depth, that's all he could have done to address it immediately IMO.

I think you are guilty of remember Hefney from 2 or 3 or 4 years ago moreso than last year. Hefney used to be real damned good but last year cracks appeared in his game. I have no problems saying Washington has been as good this year as Hefney was last year. 

You are of course correct that Hall is getting off easy and should have had his ass stapled to the bench for at least part of the game but that's neither here nor there when talking about Hefney. Bottom line Washington was taking his spot at halfback, Hefney could have stayed here by switching to SAM but he didn't want to and as a result he was cut.

Anyway, I don't even mean to argue about Logan... I would have liked to see him replaced... but the reason we are where we are is because we cut guys without them actually 'losing' their jobs... 

I mean we released Hefney halfway thru camp after one pre-season game and then Burke turns around and says pre-season games don't matter the next week after we get torched 55-0.  Maybe Hef did lose a step but at least he could read a defence...  I mean Byron Parker and Dwight Anderson have both lost a step over the years...

Anyway, the whole point is that Hef was cut for not being a 'team' guy and Hall is getting away with it.  Dunn has a crap pre-season and makes the team, Cauchy remains a starter because West and Sherman are 'not ready'... etc etc  

Mixed messages are what killed this team.

Anyway, I don't even mean to argue about Logan... I would have liked to see him replaced... but the reason we are where we are is because we cut guys without them actually 'losing' their jobs... 

I mean we released Hefney halfway thru camp after one pre-season game and then Burke turns around and says pre-season games don't matter the next week after we get torched 55-0.  Maybe Hef did lose a step but at least he could read a defence...  I mean Byron Parker and Dwight Anderson have both lost a step over the years...

Anyway, the whole point is that Hef was cut for not being a 'team' guy and Hall is getting away with it.  Dunn has a crap pre-season and makes the team, Cauchy remains a starter because West and Sherman are 'not ready'... etc etc  

A mixed message would be "We're trying to win" and then benching your best defensive player

A mixed message would be "We're trying to win" and then benching your best defensive player

I guess its a matter of perspective... I feel like we cut our best defensive player in Hef to say 'We're team first'... now we seem to have changed to 'Do whatever you want, I'm just waiting to get fired'...

A. The old 'he's not starting on another team' argument is just so tired... guys cut in TC have a hard time fitting into other systems - I'd take Hef back in a second.

B. Hef wouldn't be a 'team' player so we cut him because he wants to play where he feels strongest... yet Hall gets a slap on the wrist for over-ruling the coaches in the middle of a game...

I mean we released Hefney halfway thru camp after one pre-season game and then Burke turns around and says pre-season games don't matter the next week after we get torched 55-0. Maybe Hef did lose a step but at least he could read a defence... I mean Byron Parker and Dwight Anderson have both lost a step over the years...

Anyway, the whole point is that Hef was cut for not being a 'team' guy and Hall is getting away with it. Dunn has a crap pre-season and makes the team, Cauchy remains a starter because West and Sherman are 'not ready'... etc etc

I guess its a matter of perspective... I feel like we cut our best defensive player in Hef to say 'We're team first'... now we seem to have changed to 'Do whatever you want, I'm just waiting to get fired'...

we cut hef because he wasnt as good as the guys we wanted to play in his spot in the secondary.. same deal in calgary except he isnt even an every down sam there..

if he is sooooo great, why aint he in their secondary and why has he been a healthy scratch on more then one occasion?