Alex Hall To Be Fined

Floyd

I watched the game, but missed of missed the Hall "incident".  Why exactly was he waving off the coaches?  Not sure what OP's problem with Hall is...or how that correlates with Hefney, who has lost a step and was adequately replaced. 

There was an offside call. Could have been a line call, but #96 was flagged. 

There was time for a substitution but Hall waved off the replacement and stayed in the game. 

Everybody knew at this point that there were going to be 'consequences'.

Burke should have pulled him at this point and benched him for a few series.

With our limited rosters and depth, that's all he could have done to address it immediately IMO.

Thanks, I appreciate that.  And I agree with you, better to have it dealt with already.  At least with all everything else going on, fining our best defensive player won't make too much noise.

'if he is sooooo great, why aint he in their secondary and why has he been a healthy scratch on more then one occasion?' 

Aaaand... the circle is complete.  Ha!

You're right, Hef has no talent... it can't possibly be that CFL teams sign vets to replace guys when they get injured...  who needs depth?  Not the bombers.

Or that these same vets actually get their jobs back when they're healthy... that's ridiculous.  I pity the stamps with a bunch of has-beens like Keon Raymond, Brandon Smith and Hefney in their lineup...  Those guys have all lost a step.

Burke sure talked tough when he became HC. What a lie that was. All talk, no action. Burke's as soft as a well used 15 year old chesterfield. Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. Shut up, Burke & actually do something when players are screwing up. Sit Hall down.

is that really a saying?

'if he is sooooo great, why aint he in their secondary and why has he been a healthy scratch on more then one occasion?'

Aaaand... the circle is complete. Ha!

You're right, Hef has no talent... it can't possibly be that CFL teams sign vets to replace guys when they get injured... who needs depth? Not the bombers.

Or that these same vets actually get their jobs back when they're healthy... that's ridiculous. I pity the stamps with a bunch of has-beens like Keon Raymond, Brandon Smith and Hefney in their lineup... Those guys have all lost a step.

The few games I watched Hefney , he didn't play all that great and whiffed on tackles and has been burned on TDs.

The reason he isn't starting is because he's inconsistent and not a great cover guy. He's like a smaller Kyries...

Burke sure talked tough when he became HC. What a lie that was. All talk, no action. Burke's as soft as a well used 15 year old chesterfield. Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. Shut up, Burke & actually do something when players are screwing up. Sit Hall down.

is that really a saying?

I was gonna say couch or sofa but wanted to sound Canadian.... So picked chesterfield. ;)

You're right, Hef has no talent... it can't possibly be that CFL teams sign vets to replace guys when they get injured... who needs depth? Not the bombers.

Or that these same vets actually get their jobs back when they're healthy... that's ridiculous. I pity the stamps with a bunch of has-beens like Keon Raymond, Brandon Smith and Hefney in their lineup... Those guys have all lost a step.

The few games I watched Hefney , he didn't play all that great and whiffed on tackles and has been burned on TDs.

The reason he isn't starting is because he's inconsistent and not a great cover guy. He's like a smaller Kyries...

huh. weird. no smart ass witty reply to this comment for some reason..

your seriously delusional eh? i never once indicated wouldnt want hef as a sam or as depth.. you seem to think hes starter material tho.. now your defending yourself by saying hes depth?

and im the one going in circles, lol

When Hef arrived in Calgary he replaced Keon Raymond who was injured but according to media sources here in Calgary he wasn't very happy Hefney had come in. I don't know if there was any friction between the 2 players or if Huff said anything to either player about the situation. Like I said, Raymond wasn't happy & hefney has played once since Raymond came back. To me, this was a depth signing & not necessarily one to shake up or improve the Stampeder secondary. .

Realistically what is a fine going to do ?

Burke should have pulled him out and sat him for the rest of the game. Clearly Burke is losing the team, either that or he really just doesn't care.