Fire Pit

Logan007

Anyone ever buy one of those Blue Bomber fire pits?  Just wondering if it's worth it.  Seems like firewood or sparks might come out the side of the pit with emblems cut out of the side.

103125.jpg

I wouldnt worry about that.  The updraft caused by the heat from the fire would generally lift embers up and away.  Looks pretty cool, though small (hard to tell from the pic for sure though).  Also, I was under the impression that firepits in the city were supposed to be covered by law?  Ofcourse, most people leave them uncovered for a bigger fire but "supposed" to have a cover available

Anyone ever buy one of those Blue Bomber fire pits?  Just wondering if it's worth it.  Seems like firewood or sparks might come out the side of the pit with emblems cut out of the side.

103125.jpg

I wouldnt worry about that.  The updraft caused by the heat from the fire would generally lift embers up and away.  Looks pretty cool, though small (hard to tell from the pic for sure though).  Also, I was under the impression that firepits in the city were supposed to be covered by law?  Ofcourse, most people leave them uncovered for a bigger fire but "supposed" to have a cover available

There is a cover, but I don't live in the city anyway.

Firepit is about 2 1/2 feet in diameter from what I remember seeing.  I just thought this would be cool, cause then if I ever want to move it I can just pick it up and move it to a different spot.  :D

Price tag is $230 though.  Could build a brick one for cheaper.

103125.jpg

Firepit is about 2 1/2 feet in diameter from what I remember seeing.  I just thought this would be cool, cause then if I ever want to move it I can just pick it up and move it to a different spot.  :D

I think I paid $130 for mine at cost (knew someone that was a buyer for a supply company) at a time when they probably went for $200+ (fake marble trim, had a grill included etc).  They are super cheap now though.  Everyone has a fire pit.  WalMart has many kinds for under $100.

But if you're a Bombers fan, its pretty cool.  But not at that price.

I have a brick one, but want one of these Bombers ones worse than bad. If I ever move home again full time, I'll get one of these for sure...

This might become my belated Father's day gift from me to my dad.  "Oh sorry Dad, you live in an condo apartment...I totally forgot.  I'll just keep this at my house for you then."

103125.jpg

but would it look like the firebit homer built?

Walmart firepits usually aren't properly galvanized and/or finished with fireproof paint.  If you're going to pay that kind of money, better make sure the thing is properly finished.

They sell this at the Bomber store, but I saw this at Rona.  For that price it better be properly finished.  The people at Rona won't know though, I'd have to check with the Bomber store.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark you were right. Not fireproof paint. Stuff pealed off after half an hour of burning. Still looks good though. Maybe next year I'll repainted it with fireproof paint. Whatever, it's not going to look perfect forever.

Mark you were right. Not fireproof paint. Stuff pealed off after half an hour of burning. Still looks good though. Maybe next year I'll repainted it with fireproof paint. Whatever, it's not going to look perfect forever.

Bloody shame, considering what you paid for it.  High temp paint can be bought in spray cans. If you can find someone to sandblast it, you can do the repainting yourself.

Bloody shame, considering what you paid for it. High temp paint can be bought in spray cans. If you can find someone to sandblast it, you can do the repainting yourself.

I even emailed the Bomber store to ask. But did they reply? Nooooo. Oh well. Anyone know a place I can get it sandblasted?

Looks like Rona also has a variation.  Instead of having a painted logo, its cut into the steel.  I thought the price was about $200.

Yeah, that's the one I said that I bought.  There's 2 at Rona plus a crappy Riders one too.  The one I have in the picture is one, the other is the 2015 Grey Cup one with the Blue Bombers logo on it.