CAL @ TOR

Zontar

With fatso probably out for the year, and Cornish out with a thigh injury, I like Toronto's chances.

Of course, I also thought BC would win easily yesterday...so...yep.

that's how i figure it...

hopping my train soon... Mark H, see you there... my mobile# is in your PM box

With fatso probably out for the year, and Cornish out with a thigh injury, I like Toronto's chances.

Somebody save this post as evidence if we never hear from Mark again.

I can already see the headlines ...

"Bomber fan beaten by entire Argonauts fanbase; one man arrested"

Sent you a text man...see ya gate 11

Am I the only one who watched the game?

What I saw was some absolute one sided reffing... blatant face mask, offsides,  horse collared tackles by Toronto that went uncalled.    Then the opposite where Calgary was getting dinged for some really questionable calls.  When Gord Miller starts pointing out how bad it is then you know something is up. 

For the game....  Calgary receivers made some big plays....  Bo Levi looked more human but still good enough to hang in the league. 

Collaros seemed to depend on his cannon arm and made some expected rookie mistakes.  Chad Owens did not come to play at all tonight.   Toronto's defense is pretty weak sauce.   

Was amazed at the stats they showed of Ray's last 100 passes and with nearly 70% of them for going 9 yards or less... 

Somebody save this post as evidence if we never hear from Mark again.

I can already see the headlines ...

"Bomber fan beaten by entire Argonauts fanbase; one man arrested"

Pretty tame joint...was easy to get out alive. Bluto is good people.

What I saw was some absolute one sided reffing... blatant face mask, offsides,  horse collared tackles by Toronto that went uncalled.    Then the opposite where Calgary was getting dinged for some really questionable calls.  When Gord Miller starts pointing out how bad it is then you know something is up. 

And yet Toronto had 8 penalties for 113 yards and Calgary had 6 penalties for 70 yards.

And yet Toronto had 8 penalties for 113 yards and Calgary had 6 penalties for 70 yards.

I counted at least 5 major penalties that were missed....  I don't see how they didn't call the facemasks when it happened right in front of the refs faces!  

They missed a simple offside penalty against Tor. early in the game - one D lineman clearly had his hand in the neutral zone. Should have been a 1st down and probably a TD. Instead it was a FG.

I watched the game in two parts and I remember 3 instances where majors were easily visible, and were not called. Even Forde commented on one.

They missed a simple offside penalty against Tor. early in the game - one D lineman clearly had his hand in the neutral zone. Should have been a 1st down and probably a TD. Instead it was a FG.

I watched the game in two parts and I remember 3 instances where majors were easily visible, and were not called. Even Forde commented on one.

Also the really weak blocking call on Sinopoli when Walter ran it down to the 5 yard line was definitely fishy....

Leaving aside some of those non-calls, Toronto was out of this game when R Ray went down...no doubt about it.

It seems the back up QB didn't get enough reps and wasn't ready to face this team when the 1st string QB went down.smiley-face-whistle-2.gif

He was 16 for 26 tonight... and 21 for 25 against BC...   

I know Mack is gone and it hurts... but no reason to just make things up...

Leaving aside some of those non-calls, Toronto was out of this game when R Ray went down...no doubt about it.

It seems the back up QB didn't get enough reps and wasn't ready to face this team when the 1st string QB went down.smiley-face-whistle-2.gif

He didn't look completely lost out there,  just made some bad decisions and rookie mistakes... go figure! 

A few things:

Calgary secondary played a nice mix man and zone...had Collaros confused out there. Quite the change from Ray, who was literally slicing them up.

On the play where Ray got hurt, he didn't see a receiver wide open on a quick slant...after that he was in trouble...could have been a big gain instead of a big injury

Calgary OL does an excellent job run blocking...no matter who the starting RB is.

Toronto front 4 got man-handled on most drives. Made some stops...but mostly Glenn had all day to throw and the running attack gained yards.

When TO called a QB draw (2 or 3 times), Collaros didn't even look downfield...could've gotten killed out there...

Argo fans sitting in the same section...actually think Barker will trade Ray and then protect Collaros in the expansion draft. I didn't laugh...but I sure wanted to.

Now look who's looking for things that aren't there.

Your reference to all things Mack is weird because my post had nothing to do with him...at all.

Take another look...it's a Buck playing reference. You know Buck gets the reps, backup QB invariably has to go in, is not ready, looks unprepared.

Are you getting the drift now?

As for making things up?

Collaros looked good against BC didn't he? They had a great game plan and even when things broke down, Collaros was able to scramble and get it done. All in good game preparation.

This game Collaros was thrown in after Ray went down, probably with little game prep. He looked no where near the same. Sure, he was able to hook up on some throws, and his scrambling was still there, but if you're telling me didn't play more like a rookie this game, you're off.

I've got nothing against Collaros, he might even be pretty good.

Too soon to say for me.

But my post was strictly a comment of what usually happens to us with back ups thrown in and in this case, it happened to Toronto.