OL Sukh Chungh (1st round, 2nd overall)

BigBlue

2 years, 3 years who gives a ****? 2 years has been the standard length of a contract in the CFL for a long long time why get our undies in a bunch over a 2 year deal? Some management regimes don't even last 3 years, long term planning in the CFL is wishful thinking at best. Things change so quickly.

Okay boss. Some people do care. Mateas just signed a 3 year contract with Ottawa. Same with Goossen last year. If you don't care, that's cool. But others do care. I'm quite curious why he only signed 2 years.

Bombers may have only wanted him to sign a two year deal.

Bombers want to sign everyone to 12 year deals

I get what you're saying, but CFL clubs definitely stagger contract lengths with the intention of making sure they don't have too many free agents in any given season. So maybe 2017 offseason worked better than 2018 for the club.

2 years, 3 years who gives a ****? 2 years has been the standard length of a contract in the CFL for a long long time why get our undies in a bunch over a 2 year deal? Some management regimes don't even last 3 years, long term planning in the CFL is wishful thinking at best. Things change so quickly. 

Well that does it.  The fact that Chungh only signed a two year deal has ruined my entire long weekend.  I might as well just start the Crown going right now....ah...now what were we talking about again?

Okay boss. Some people do care. Mateas just signed a 3 year contract with Ottawa. Same with Goossen last year. If you don't care, that's cool. But others do care. I'm quite curious why he only signed 2 years.

if he turns out to be really good he'll get a new contract with a big raise before he's into year 3 regardless. If he wants to try the NFL again why not sign a 2 year deal? It is worrying about nothing. CFL contracts are barely worth the paper they're printed on. Guys play well they get paid, guys don't they get cut. 

@garrettbillan1: @PentonKirk any idea why Chungh only signed for 2 years? Mateas, who has same agent as Chungh signed for 3. Goossen signed 3 last year too.

@PentonKirk: @garrettbillan1 I don't know why it happened yet, but it's not good.

Having studied at the Sherlock Holmes School if CFL contract negotiations, let me see if I can sleuth this out:

2<3 therefore NFL