Who is your surprise training camp cut?

Who is the surprise cut? Well, if Paris Cotton isn't the best RB in camp I'm speculating he would not be content to sit on the IR or PR again. Can Bombers keep an extra RB on the 46-man? Unlikely. So he would be released or grabbed off the PR by another club. I'd be slightly surprised if this unfolded since I liked what I saw of Cotton last year, but you get churn at RB position until you land a great one.

lol at the thought of Zach Anderson being cut.

could see it, average at best against the run for a DT
Coming off a pretty significant injury as well.

pretty intriguing player to battle him for the spot too with Nate Collins

Absolutely, Anderson could be in some trouble. If Collins cone in and plays like his NFL Vet pedigree then it's between Anderson and B. Turner. And I'd like to think that we'd keep Turner over Anderson.

I agree about Washington, I think i'd put Bruce Johnson in there but would that be a real surprise? Kind half lost his spot last year too... the only other guys i could think of are what i'd call not really surprises, Richardson,Fitzgerald,West, Peach maybe. 

Maybe depending on how Yantz looks, Marve or Portis but really, would that be surprising? 

Maybe Bucknor depending on how Jones and Morgan look, Don't think so but.. you never know, The guy probably is being paid like a starting canadian so i mean, if jones take his job and morgan looks competent as the backup or if we decide to go all american in the secondary, would they keep around a backup db getting paid probably more than 100,000? I dunno. 

I agree about Washington, I think i'd put Bruce Johnson in there but would that be a real surprise? Kind half lost his spot last year too... the only other guys i could think of are what i'd call not really surprises, Richardson,Fitzgerald,West, Peach maybe.

Maybe depending on how Yantz looks, Marve or Portis but really, would that be surprising?

I agree Richardson, Fitzgerald and West are gone. But I think Peach is one of Oshea's guys, so I think he stays, but in a lesser role, compared to last year.

It's starting to look more and more like we could see a "surprise" cut at DB. Looks like we're going to run at least one NI there. It'll be a numbers game.

I feel like some guys who could be a surprise cut could end up being a surprise trade because of guys stepping up and making someone expendable

It's starting to look more and more like we could see a "surprise" cut at DB. Looks like we're going to run at least one NI there. It'll be a numbers game.

I feel like some guys who could be a surprise cut could end up being a surprise trade because of guys stepping up and making someone expendable

We started a NI at DB last year too; Matt Bucknor.

With more NI DBs on the roster they could choose to use a DI at a different spot. If an American DB goes down they could put Sherman, Newman or Morgan at safety and move Leggett into that spot

With more NI DBs on the roster they could choose to use a DI at a different spot. If an American DB goes down they could put Sherman, Newman or Morgan at safety and move Leggett into that spot
I really hope we don't start a NI at saftey and move Leggett out of that spot.

I don't think it will be too surprising now but I feel Washington may be finding himself on his way out. Good player but too many penalties.

And he just can't be relied on as a returner. Way too many fumbles.

I was trying to forget those fumbles >.< or worse the bobble pass last year that was horrible it was what I felt was what began the slide

I don't think it will be too surprising now but I feel Washington may be finding himself on his way out. Good player but too many penalties.

And he just can't be relied on as a returner. Way too many fumbles.

I was trying to forget those fumbles >.< or worse the bobble pass last year that was horrible it was what I felt was what began the slide
It's gotten to the point where the risk isn't worth the reward with him on returns.

Would still use Washington on KO's......but keep him away from punt returning.   We'll see how it goes.....he is one of the better athletes on this team, and plays hard....

if out of camp he is the best option at return and I would agree use him there..

Yeah one of the best defensive backs on teh team might be a surprise cut because he's not got reliable hands on punt returns... do you people seriously hear yourselves? Washington is a damned good DB who gives a **** if he ever returns another punt or kick in his time here? He can line up in my secondary any time.