Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

11 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

i like QT but how anyone can possibly defend Roman Polanski is beyond me. So many Hollywood morons defended him. So gross. QT has since apologized. But the talking point has always been that the drugged 13 year old “wanted it”. Polanski should stop being romanticized and should be in jail. 

Was not crazy about the Tate murders being made into a film in the first place. Not at all.

This might free him up for Trek 4 sooner rather then later.

I'm i the only one thinking the car crash was Uma's fault?

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Was not crazy about the Tate murders being made into a film in the first place. Not at all.

This might free him up for Trek 4 sooner rather then later.

I'm i the only one thinking the car crash was Uma's fault?

Well she was driving but any stunt needs preparation.  She wasnt comfortable which should have been reason enough not to do it.  In my own experience approving stunts in wrestling, if someone is not comfortable, they are more prone to an accident.  Anyone who has driven at high speed on a gravel road knows it can be easy to slide out.

QT has walked back his comments on Polanski.  But its really really vile.  Of course, Whoopie Goldberg defended Polanski too and said "it wasnt rape rape"...because you know, the pretty 13 year old wanted it.   If anyone should be blackballed in Hollywood, its Polanski.

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

I find it odd that other forums that I read and with my conversations with co workers and friends that only on here have I read that WW was poop.     

FTR best comic book movies are Blade 1 and 2 which are far superior to anything else :D 

I liked Blade 1 but once they started going all resident evil with the vamps in the following Blade(s) I lost interest. Blade 3 was all kinds of wrong

just got back from black panther... probably my least favorite marvel movie to date and about on par with what DC spits out these days. I get why black ppl are all excited especially when the only 2 white ppl in the movie are bilbo baggins and gollum, but man.. yeesh.  at first i thought i was watching the live action lion king with that ayyyyyyy yeaaaa africa theme song, the action sequences were way too fast to really follow whats going on, to overly convoluted with too many ppl... but luckily colour coordinated to know who is on what side, even stan lees cameo was lame.  and the cherry to walk away even more disinterested was the post credit scene was pointless, not needed and tied in nothing coming up. 

The plus... the previews consisted of Lara Croft, Venom, Ant Man and the Wasp, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, in which the T-rex saves chris pratts ass yet again...  I was like dude you gonna owe that beast like a happy ending one of these movies. Thats 2x now

4 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

just got back from black panther... probably my least favorite marvel movie to date and about on par with what DC spits out these days. I get why black ppl are all excited especially when the only 2 white ppl in the movie are bilbo baggins and gollum, but man.. yeesh.  at first i thought i was watching the live action lion king with that ayyyyyyy yeaaaa africa theme song, the action sequences were way too fast to really follow whats going on, to overly convoluted with too many ppl... but luckily colour coordinated to know who is on what side, even stan lees cameo was lame.  and the cherry to walk away even more disinterested was the post credit scene was pointless, not needed and tied in nothing coming up. 

The plus... the previews consisted of Lara Croft, Venom, Ant Man and the Wasp, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, in which the T-rex saves chris pratts ass yet again...  I was like dude you gonna owe that beast like a happy ending one of these movies. Thats 2x now

Credit scene was pointless but I disagree with the rest of your analysis.. Thought it was really well done. Top 10 MCU film for me.

I've seen a lot worse movies in general but I just felt The Black Panther was an unnecessary movie to put out at this point, unless the Infinity Wars relies heavily on the tech they have. I've seen the trailers showing everyone running so obviously BP and his peeps are involved again,  but this should have been a movie probably spit out before civil war. Even then I was pretty bored during the movie. Mostly cuz of how they did the fight sequences.  The heavily focused issue about black oppression didn't sit well with me because it's supposed to be sci fi not some diluted sci fact that if only them slaves or kids in the ghetto had vibranium this whole time man kinds craptacular past could have been different.   maybe if they kept the focus on how just Africa was doing with it's poverty, violence and messed up ways while a hidden nuggets been there the whole time capable of changing its fortunes,  ok i can live with that but dropping like the LA riots/Rodney King beating,  and the state of ghettos like Compton (or Oakland as it was mention by Jordan) had me rolling my eyes.  Like ya f u african nation for not helping East LA

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I find most (all?)  MCU movies heavy-handed.

I should say, I find some quite light, like Thor and GOTG.

But, Iron Man, Captain America, etc. have been heavy handed.

Also, not MCU, but so was Logan.

Comics tend to be heavy handed reflection of current events and social movements.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

That's unfortunate as they put out very good content.  Too bad they didn't make Harvey step down, rename the company and carry on under a different banner......perhaps they will.

The company has significant debt and will be mired in litigation for a long time.

Not much of a choice to be able to carry on.