Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

14 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

The old republic... helmed by these two... would be awesome.

That's exactly what I thought when I had read about this.  If they created films on either that or when the Jedi began.  Any of that would be great.

6 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

I....don't even....

Sony is stupid not to team up with MCU on this and make it part of the same universe.  Venom isn't Venom without Spidey.

Sony still owns Spiderman so he could be in it, couldnt he?  I thought he was supposed to be in it.  Its a weird deal because if I was Marvel and I came in to save Spiderman for Sony, I'd want the same deal on all the Marvel characters Sony has rights to.  Basically, Marvel helped Sony and Sony is going to reap the benefits? 

13 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Sony still owns Spiderman so he could be in it, couldnt he?  I thought he was supposed to be in it.  Its a weird deal because if I was Marvel and I came in to save Spiderman for Sony, I'd want the same deal on all the Marvel characters Sony has rights to.  Basically, Marvel helped Sony and Sony is going to reap the benefits? 

No, the deal is only for certain characters.  And they're not allowed to take this new Spiderman and run it into their own universe.  Plus, it's too early for the Symbiote at this point for this Spiderman.

I've heard rumors that the this is tied together and that the Symbiote shows up at the end of Infinity War, and that Spidey is actually in this movie for a brief period.  But I think those rumors are false.  Even if that were to happen, that's too quick of a turnover to go from Spidey at the end of IW to give it to him right away.

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Someone at Sony has a serious hard on for Venom and that's why they shoe horned it into Spiderman 3 and that's why this movie actually got made despite no one else really wanting it. Honestly I expect it to suck balls but I guess we will see. 

Kinda thought the symbiote was the least of the things shoe-horned in. Sandman and being made into Uncle Ben's killer sure, the Chief & his daughter sure.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Raimi wanted to make it with Sandman as the only villain, Sony said "hey venom is cool, put him in your movie" and he did despite not liking the character. It's why that movie was the god awful mess it was. Studio messing with what the director wants to do. They shoulda just let him make the movie he wanted to cause 1 and 2 were solid movies. 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Little old to be in an origin film.

Sounds like it will be a different “universe” so to speak.  DC has no friggen clue. None.  Cause the best way to correct their mess is to create multiple unconnected films with the same characters played by different actors.  Ridiculous. 

13 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

WTF is DC doing?  Don’t get me wrong, fantastic actor. But what about Leto?

Umm Leto sucked and the character was awful and no one wanted to watch it? Probably why they cut basically everything he did from that movie. 

As an aside on the WTF DC? note, I finally got around to watching Wonder Woman and that movie was ******* terrible. Just all kinds of bad. 

Edited by 17to85

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Wonder Woman was a good movie ,  can't see how anyone can say it was f'ning terrible?   

I actually fell asleep during it....it was AWFUL....and BORING! I sincerely believe it felt like a rejected script for Captain America 1. I've come to believe that everyone just overvalues it because it's a movie that's got a female empowerment message and it has a female director....so everyone desperately wants it to be great (and I sincerely wish it was!) but it's so boring and so bad....

Just now, Noeller said:

I actually fell asleep during it....it was AWFUL....and BORING! I sincerely believe it felt like a rejected script for Captain America 1. I've come to believe that everyone just overvalues it because it's a movie that's got a female empowerment message and it has a female director....so everyone desperately wants it to be great (and I sincerely wish it was!) but it's so boring and so bad....

Agreed. Especially with the last part there. People just want it to be good and convince themselves it was... Even if it was a huge letdown. 

Gal Gadot was pretty awful in it as well and the action scenes all looked like something out of a bad video game. The movie could have been half the run time and not missed anything. Yeah it was an objectively bad movie that everyone wanted to like because reasons! I can honestly say I enjoyed Batman vs. superman a lot more than wonder woman and that's not exactly a high bar. 

43 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

WW was as =/> Captain America.

this is a completely ridiculous and unfounded statement......all 3 Captain America's are phenomenal, and the first one had Tommy Lee Jones eating a steak! The steak got a Best Supporting Actor nod!