Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

To clarify IH was the Norton film. TH was the Lee film.

I thought TH was a great film. I'd probably would remove the comic book inserts but making the villain an abusive father who killed your mother? Now that's a great villain.

Hard to believe looking back that IH is the first in the MCEU.

Incredible Hulk was second.  After Iron Man.

38 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

There was some talk that it was being considered for pic/director. So that means a lot of people liked it. I'm kinda surprised it was not considering hype in the women's movement this year.

I would say that the hype in the women's movement is the only reason it did get that buzz. Plus the academy people like the director based on previous work. Doesn't mean a lot. I mean christ didn't Shakespeare in love win best picture one year? That's the kind of thing that can win oscars. They are all bought and paid for. 

26 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Opinions can vary but facts are facts.  I think the lord of the rings films suck but I wouldnt be stupid enough to pretend they werent well made and very popular.  I mean, its a fact.  Wonder Woman is good...popular, well reviewed.  That doesnt mean everyone has to like it. 

I love LOTR 1/2 but that ghost army ruined 3 for me.

i thought WW was the best DC movie to date. I think my initial criticisms  were the shield making it too much like CA and the villian but im too lazy to dig thru this thread as its almost nap time lol.  I didn't overly care for Captain America 1 tho i see it as a necessary evil to lead into the infinity wars and introduce the leader of the avengers but I might be biases when it comes to war movies. Perhaps I expect lots of graphic gorey scenes like some of the other non- super hero war movies so when you plug in  a super human it just kinda takes away from both 

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

Top 3 comic book movies so far: Cap 2 (undisputed #1) and then Avengers and Cap 1......in whichever order......

Good grief... Cap doesn't even enter the top 10 man... 

Every single one of: The Dark Knight, Watchmen, Guardians of the Galaxy, Logan, Lone Wolf and Cub, Kingsman, The Crow, Edge of Tomorrow, Constatine (minus the holy shotgun). beat out Cap 1&2 easily. Hell, I would even put Ghostworld over Cap the flag-humping Steroid monkey. 

:1_grinning:

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

10 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Good grief... Cap doesn't even enter the top 10 man... 

Every single one of: The Dark Knight, Watchmen, Guardians of the Galaxy, Logan, Lone Wolf and Cub, Kingsman, The Crow, Edge of Tomorrow, Constatine (minus the holy shotgun). beat out Cap 1&2 easily. Hell, I would even put Ghostworld over Cap the flag-humping Steroid monkey. 

:1_grinning:

No

Personally, its hard to say the best superhero movie.  Captain America is very good and maybe among the best of the modern (ie. MCU/DCEU) films.

I'd say The Dark Knight would be up for "best".  Same with Watchmen which was amazing. 

On the other hand, the first Superman, while not technically as great as the modern films is really enjoyable to watch.  Is it better than The Dark Knight?  No.  But is it more enjoyable to watch?  an argument can be made. 

Thats why opinions like this are subjective.  Ill always come down on the side of WW being a really good movie.  And if we want to frame it with feminism, I can still say that's a positive thing.  We can debate whether kids should have fictional characters as heroes or role models but its what happens.  We grew up that way.  Kids today grow up that way.  And I like the idea of a female that is a hero because she's strong, smart, independent, athletic and saves everyone as opposed to the usual Princess/damsel in distress female role models.  The same can be said for Rey (and I get the sense some backlash is from men/boys who have trouble accepting a female in the hero role).  But that isnt why I liked WW.  I just liked it. 

It isnt The Dark Knight or Watchmen.  But its certainly the best DCEU film thus far.

The Watchmen was a pretty faithful adaptation, but I dunno that it's quality is as high as all that... Good adaptation of the source material but it's still a pretty dry movie. I guess if you're a fan of the graphic novel then yes it will be rated highly but if you're not it's going to be seen as just a boring as **** movie. Had I not read the graphic novel I don't think I would have appreciated that movie at all. 

I realize now that I erred, saying Best Comic Book Movies when I actually meant Best MCU Movies..........because I love the Nolan Batman movies. Other than that, tho, there isn't a single DC movie that I'd put anywhere near the MCU so far...

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

The Watchmen was a pretty faithful adaptation, but I dunno that it's quality is as high as all that... Good adaptation of the source material but it's still a pretty dry movie. I guess if you're a fan of the graphic novel then yes it will be rated highly but if you're not it's going to be seen as just a boring as **** movie. Had I not read the graphic novel I don't think I would have appreciated that movie at all. 

The interesting thing is, I knew nothing about the graphic novel.  I knew zero.  Never heard of it.  I went to see the film in the theatre and I didnt get it.  I thought it was weird and corny.  I guess I figured it would be a traditional straight forward superhero film. 

A year or so later, it was on Movie Central and I happened to flip to it.  It piqued my interest and I watched it again.  And fell in love with it.  I caught so much more of what it was about.  And I love the music and the sound editing.  It wasnt until after I loved the film that I read up on the novel.

I know some people hate the film.  I believe Orci and Kurtzman wrote it or did a re-write of it and I always give them credit while saying I cant believe the same guys wrote Watchmen and Star Trek Into Darkness.  lol

I love this.... LOVE!

‘Star Wars: Episode 9’ Hires ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Art Director

Details about Star Wars: Episode 9 are sketchy at the moment, but one thing we do know now is that the film will lookgreat. Paul Inglis, art director of Blade Runner 2049, has just been hired for the upcoming J.J. Abrams-directed sequel. More on the Episode 9 art director below.

Paul Inglis, art director on Skyfall, Game of Thrones, Prometheus, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, Children of Men, and of course, Blade Runner 2049, is headed to a galaxy far, far away for Star Wars: Episode 9. Omega Undergroundconfirms Inglis’ involvement with the film. Star Wars: The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams will return to helm the latest chapter in the on-going Skywalker saga, which is expected to start filming in June 2018.

http://www.slashfilm.com/episode-9-art-director/

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I realize now that I erred, saying Best Comic Book Movies when I actually meant Best MCU Movies..........because I love the Nolan Batman movies. Other than that, tho, there isn't a single DC movie that I'd put anywhere near the MCU so far...

I think Wonder Woman is the only DCEU film that would fit in the MCU in terms of quality and enjoyability.  Has the same mix of humor and drama and charm.  It was well cast which is not the norm for DCEU thus far (although Flash and Aquaman are well cast).

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think Wonder Woman is the only DCEU film that would fit in the MCU in terms of quality and enjoyability.  Has the same mix of humor and drama and charm.  It was well cast which is not the norm for DCEU thus far (although Flash and Aquaman are well cast).

WW fits with the rest of the DCU so far...........buncha fart noises and "why the **** am I even watching this??" 

2 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Watchmen was so damn boring.  I could have slit my wrists watching it.  If I hadn't have been with a couple of friends I would have walked out.

The only film I almost walked out of was Judge Dredd (Sly Stallone).  And I never leave after I've paid to see a film.  I did fall asleep watching Lord of the Rings but by then-gf liked the books and insisted we see them.  However, about two minutes into Man of Steel, I turned to my friend and whispered "uh oh".  I knew it was going to suck.

59 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I had not read the gra.nov but had seen the animated movie. If i remember right the animov was pretty much a shot for shot of the comic and the movie was in a similar vein.

Thought it was a great movie but i can also see the argument for being a hot/dry mess.