Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

19 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

A reddit user claims to have seen a very early story board for Episode 9.  Apparently he also saw an early story board for The Last Jedi an got it right so...take it as you choose.

Personally, this sounds dreadful

Hide contents

Other "info" being leaked is suggesting that most of this is correct.

On 2018-05-07 at 10:43 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

A reddit user claims to have seen a very early story board for Episode 9.  Apparently he also saw an early story board for The Last Jedi an got it right so...take it as you choose.

Personally, this sounds dreadful

Hide contents

So where's the Episode 9 stuff?  This is all Episode 8.

15 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

So where's the Episode 9 stuff?  This is all Episode 8.

Whoops posted from the wrong link.  Here it is:

Spoiler

Plot A would progress like this:

5 years after The Last Jedi the Resistance is no longer centralized and is not a popular idea among the galaxy. Kylo Ren’s rule over the galaxy is seen by most as benevolent. Many within the Resistance itself are questioning why they should even be fighting.

Not surprisingly, Rey, Poe, Finn, and Leia are all still holding fast to the idea the galaxy should not be under empirical rule.

They are tipped off by a mole inside the First Order promising that if they follow their lead, they will discover the horrifying true nature of the First Order.

The tip leads them to a planet in the unknown regions, and they must infiltrate a First Order command station to extract a young female alien prodigy who is the key to navigating these regions.

After a successful rescue of the girl who is essentially a prisoner of the First Order, they discover a planet entirely comprised of an ocean. Beneath its waters is the secret to the First Order’s unlimited resources, an ancient manufacturing station literally powered by the populations of conquered worlds of the unknown regions.

This entire A plot revolves around liberating the captives before they are exterminated and exposing these horrors to the galaxy at large. This plot is resolved with the Unknown Regions becoming united and preparing for war with the known regions.

The B plot revolves around Kylo Ren hunting down other Force users in secret using the Knights of Ren and trying to discover the mole among his ranks. At the end of the film it’s revealed Hux is the mole and is trying to get the galaxy to revolt against Ren’s empire and believes he can claim the throne after the fallout.

Many Force users have sought out Rey for protection, both really young and really old.

Rey and Kylo still converse through the force and can even manifest their whole presence in front of each other. It is slowly revealed they secretly love each other.

The big reveal in the film is that one of Rey’s “students” is actually her child, and Kylo becomes so enraged upon finding this that he nearly kills Rey who is only saved last minute by Leia.

As with last time I will add the disclaimer that this is an early story board but the heart of the film is there with secret love child and the theme of an Empire thriving but at a terrible cost. You can expect the story to play out very close to this.

42 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Whoops posted from the wrong link.  Here it is:

Hide contents

Thanks.  Very interesting way of doing it.  I mean, if they want to do something different, this is it I guess.  What they plan on doing with Leia though, I don't know, as it does sound like she plays a big part in this, if it's real.

14 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Thanks.  Very interesting way of doing it.  I mean, if they want to do something different, this is it I guess.  What they plan on doing with Leia though, I don't know, as it does sound like she plays a big part in this, if it's real.

I heard there was a fan movement to have her recast with Meryl Street.

I think the synopsis sounds dreadful.  They've forgotten that its the SKYWALKER saga. 

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So is the movie about the band,  about Freddie Mercury ,   the rise and fall of the group,   behind the scenes stories.... the trailer doesn't really explain much aside from the actors looking the part and singing...

I believe its more of a biopic of Freddie.  Queen is a big part of it though.

5 hours ago, iHeart said:

man it's only the trailer and already I want more. But of course Queen is a big part of it, they all wrote songs individually. They all wrote one vision together

I think a lot of the hype is because people liked the music and not necessarily about the movie itself... the trailers showed really nothing aside from them looking like the characters quite a bit. 

On 2018-05-09 at 12:02 PM, 17to85 said:

well that doesn't even sound like a remotely interesting story. 

Yeah mildly better version of twilight in space. 

I feel like disneys overly ambitious schedule is going down the DCCU rabbit hole. Very loosely fit together story threads for the purpose of making movies and money. I dont feel like they are concerned or interesting in creating a good continual story with in the SW universe. They are just milking it. If these movies had all the star wars names changed but other wise remained exactly the same this franchise would be long long dead. again. 

Dave filoni and some of the novels have brought great new stories into star wars. universe. Out side of that, and video games, the last best addition to the series was return of the jedi.  Nostalgia only lasts soo long, they have got to turn out better stories and quality and fast. 

55 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think a lot of the hype is because people liked the music and not necessarily about the movie itself... the trailers showed really nothing aside from them looking like the characters quite a bit. 

you mean the people they are portraying, how can they be characters if these people exist or have existed? yes they look the parts