Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

Wonder Woman was above average ,   the only sleep inducing comic movie I've ever witnessed was the Ang Lee Incredible Hulk from a long time ago.       WW was universally praised by critics and fans,   if someone considers that movie sleep inducing then their would be absolutely nothing to please your ADD mind.     

Also WW  >  Iron Man ,  Spiderman ,  SS, last Captain America, and maybe even Deadpool.    :)

The movie was ****, the only reason it received praise is because people desperately wanted a female led blockbuster to do well and people desperately want DC to start doing well, but I am sorry that movie was pure ****. 

It was slow and drawn out, it was anti climatic, it wasn't acted terribly well, the villain wasn't interesting in the least, the main character wasn't terribly compelling, the attempted humour was more cringe inducing than funny. 

I honestly thought Man of Steel and BvsS were more enjoyable movies, and they were terrible. Oh sure it's better than Suicide Squad, but so was my last bowel movement. 

Re-watching Cap Murica 1 again..... 

-This movie, from a storyline perspective, is sensational. Exciting from start to finish

-The "period piece" settings are well done and so much more interesting than WWs same use of this period. 

-On top of Chris Evans pitch-perfect portrayal of Steve Rogers and Tommy Lee Jones steak-eating gravitas, I'd almost forgotten how amazing Hayley Atwell is as Peggy Carter (whose own TV show was a FAR greater attempt at female-led comic book cinema/TV than WW) amd Dominic Moore's Howard Stark is another note-perfect supporting performance. 

All 3 Cap Murica movies are Top 5 MCU films, for me. Cap 2 is still the best comic book movie ever made, but Cap 1 is a textbook for how origin stories should be done. 

As I said, I liked WW, but if you're trying to say it was the same as any of the Cap movies....OMGLOLWTFBBQCOPTERCAKES!

WW was above Suicide Squad, Man of Steel and BvS, but to compare it to Cap?  HA!  And to even compare the villain's?!?!  Red Skull was an amazing villain.  Hugo Weaving's performance as Red Skull was fantastic.  He was one of the best MCU villains.  I know MCU doesn't always have the greatest villains, but his performance was great, just like all his performances. 

Saying the Red Skull is the same as Ares...wow...just.......wow.

On 2/9/2018 at 4:28 PM, Brandon said:

Wonder Woman was above average ,   the only sleep inducing comic movie I've ever witnessed was the Ang Lee Incredible Hulk from a long time ago.       WW was universally praised by critics and fans,   if someone considers that movie sleep inducing then their would be absolutely nothing to please your ADD mind.     

Also WW  >  Iron Man ,  Spiderman ,  SS, last Captain America, and maybe even Deadpool.    :)

People ripping on WW..its so odd.  Opinions vary and quality can be subjective.  But maybe its why we get awful DC films when a really good movie is considered awful or boring.  Weird.  And Gal Gadot being bad in the film?  Hmmmm... I dont know maybe its the superhero audience being mostly male feeling uncomfortable with a female hero.  WW was great.  And Gal Gadot was awesome.

Regarding Incredible Hulk, it definitely wasnt very good.  But I remember watching it later and having a new appreciation for how Ang Lee tried to make it look like a comic book come to life.  And Sam Elliott was pretty good.

What's odd about it? if it weren't for the **** quality of previous DC fans and people's desire for a good DC film and the desire for a female lead blockbuster people wouldn't delude themselves into thinking that Wonder Woman was actually good. It was **** and the only praise it got was better than the **** DC has crapped out before. Saw it with chick ghostbusters too, some people tried to make that movie get a better reputation than it deserved because equality! 

I judge movies on their own merits and even if it's something that's not my cup of tea I can recognize when it's well done, this movie was not well done regardless of all the pressure for it to be better than it was and yeah, Gal Gadot is easy on the eyes but her performance was not as good as the hype she gets. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What's odd about it? if it weren't for the **** quality of previous DC fans and people's desire for a good DC film and the desire for a female lead blockbuster people wouldn't delude themselves into thinking that Wonder Woman was actually good. It was **** and the only praise it got was better than the **** DC has crapped out before. Saw it with chick ghostbusters too, some people tried to make that movie get a better reputation than it deserved because equality! 

I judge movies on their own merits and even if it's something that's not my cup of tea I can recognize when it's well done, this movie was not well done regardless of all the pressure for it to be better than it was and yeah, Gal Gadot is easy on the eyes but her performance was not as good as the hype she gets. 

That's painting with a wide brush.  Ghostbusters was ripped to shreds.  I never saw any effort to make it seem better "because of equality".  Comparing that to Wonder Woman isnt even rational, let alone relevant.

You can like or dislike what you want.  But let's not muddy the waters with silliness.  Wonder Woman wasn't praised for "equality", it was praised because it was good.  But no film will ever be universally liked or disliked.  And that's okay too.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That's painting with a wide brush.  Ghostbusters was ripped to shreds.  I never saw any effort to make it seem better "because of equality".  Comparing that to Wonder Woman isnt even rational, let alone relevant.

You can like or dislike what you want.  But let's not muddy the waters with silliness.  Wonder Woman wasn't praised for "equality", it was praised because it was good.  But no film will ever be universally liked or disliked.  And that's okay too.

You missed the whole thing with Ghostbusters about how if you don't like this movie you are a misogynist? 

Wonder Woman was a bad movie all around, you like it then you're wrong plain and simple. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You missed the whole thing with Ghostbusters about how if you don't like this movie you are a misogynist? 

Wonder Woman was a bad movie all around, you like it then you're wrong plain and simple. 

I wont claim that it never happened but no, there was absolutely no definitive sense that if you dont like the film you must hate women.  In fact that sounds like a very man-centric narrative, actually.

If we're going to drop the pretense of fact when it comes to opinions being subjective then great - if you thought Wonder Woman sucked, you dont know anything about film quality.  Was it the fact the lead was a woman that bothered you?  I suppose they could have made Wonder Woman a man, but Im not sure that would have worked. lol

I find it hilarious that people get bothered by the gender of the leads in film and TV.  I like good, interesting, entertaining products.  I dont care if the star is man or woman.  Why would you?

As a father of two girls with one being five and so proudly wearing her Wonder Woman costume that Santa gave her ....  I may have an impartial impression of the movie.    

I went in to the movie with zero expectations and came away pleased with the great action scenes and I really did enjoy the personalities of the supporting cast of characters.   Gal Gadot I thought was far from wooden and shallow and thought she nailed the role.     

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Regarding Incredible Hulk, it definitely wasnt very good.  But I remember watching it later and having a new appreciation for how Ang Lee tried to make it look like a comic book come to life.  And Sam Elliott was pretty good.

To clarify IH was the Norton film. TH was the Lee film.

I thought TH was a great film. I'd probably would remove the comic book inserts but making the villain an abusive father who killed your mother? Now that's a great villain.

Hard to believe looking back that IH is the first in the MCEU.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I wont claim that it never happened but no, there was absolutely no definitive sense that if you dont like the film you must hate women.  In fact that sounds like a very man-centric narrative, actually.

If we're going to drop the pretense of fact when it comes to opinions being subjective then great - if you thought Wonder Woman sucked, you dont know anything about film quality.  Was it the fact the lead was a woman that bothered you?  I suppose they could have made Wonder Woman a man, but Im not sure that would have worked. lol

I find it hilarious that people get bothered by the gender of the leads in film and TV.  I like good, interesting, entertaining products.  I dont care if the star is man or woman.  Why would you?

No I have no problems with a female led movie, I have a problem with bad movies, which it was. It didn't have any good action scenes, as I said, they looked like something out of a bad video game, the acting was bad, only guy I thought was solid in his role was Chris Pine, but he had such **** to work with, as did everyone. The movie dragged on, the movie didn't have a cohesive plot. They fell into the trap of tell don't show. The entirety of Ares was told rather than shown, all for the sake of having a twist for who the real villain was, which fell completely flat. It was quite frankly lazy film making. But hey, feel free to enjoy crappy movies, I am sure there are a lot more coming out this summer too. 

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No I have no problems with a female led movie, I have a problem with bad movies, which it was. It didn't have any good action scenes, as I said, they looked like something out of a bad video game, the acting was bad, only guy I thought was solid in his role was Chris Pine, but he had such **** to work with, as did everyone. The movie dragged on, the movie didn't have a cohesive plot. They fell into the trap of tell don't show. The entirety of Ares was told rather than shown, all for the sake of having a twist for who the real villain was, which fell completely flat. It was quite frankly lazy film making. But hey, feel free to enjoy crappy movies, I am sure there are a lot more coming out this summer too. 

Your negative opinion of a good film is your right.  Factually incorrect, but your right. ;-)

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

There was some talk that it was being considered for pic/director. So that means a lot of people liked it. I'm kinda surprised it was not considering hype in the women's movement this year.

this was the most insane thing. I heard that buzz, but thankfully it was just all talk....they proved they're sane enough to not go that far. I know everyone wants to see a female led movie with a female director get credibility, but if you make a shitty movie, you're not doing anyone favours. You're just setting everyone back decades. Make a movie that's as good as Agent Carter was on TV, and you might have something...