Dan DePalma

Mike

Appears to be headed to mini camp with Winnipeg (probably with a contract) - not confirmed yet, but I'm sure it will be.

Played for Saskatchewan last year, actually played well when he got a chance. Had 161 yards on 6 catches for 1 TD in 3 games last year.

seems to have big play ability, but honestly I don't remember much about him. Seems curious he wasn't invited back to sask, no?

Last season saw the Riders completely drop the ball on player evaluations of a few players. The RIders letting another good player go would not surprise me in the least. Of course, there is the strong possibility that DePalma wasn't happy in their organization and wanted to move on even though the Riders wanted him back. I doubt Rider fans would ever think of that as a possibility though.

seems to have big play ability, but honestly I don't remember much about him. Seems curious he wasn't invited back to sask, no?

Last season saw the Riders completely drop the ball on player evaluations of a few players. The RIders letting another good player go would not surprise me in the least. Of course, there is the strong possibility that DePalma wasn't happy in their organization and wanted to move on even though the Riders wanted him back. I doubt Rider fans would ever think of that as a possibility though.

It is odd. I suspect he wants/wanted more playing time than was going to be available here for him. I liked what little we saw of him. I think size might have been a factor. He wasn't offered a contract here that I'm aware of, but hey its more fun to think he just didn't want to a part of the riders to justify the bombers signing him isn't it? For the record, all teams miss a few good players along the way that end up being good somewhere else in the right environment/ situation. I wish him all the best, I thought he definitely was shifty and was tough to tackle when he had the ball.

For sure. In the run-up to the 2012 Super Bowl, he got a very flattering write up in Sports Illustrated:

INDIANAPOLIS -- When cornerback Corey Webster was asked at Tuesday's Media Day who the toughest Giants receiver is to cover in practice, he answered: "Dan DePalma."

On Thursday, Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell talked about the "quickest" and "hardest-working" receiver on the team, and when a reporter pressed him on who that was, he replied: "Danny DePalma."

And both Fewell and Webster's responses beg the question: Who the heck is Dan DePalma?

http://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2012/02/02/who-is-dan-depalma-only-the-giants-secret-weapon-in-practice

I hope the Bombers take a long hard look at this guy.