What happened to ourbombers

General Taylor

Does Colin make money from that site? if not, he should just swallow his pride and come here.

Strictly an ego thing for him. He sees himself as the biggest WBB fan of all time, and his owning the site is somehow "proof" of that. It's got him on CBC Radio a few times as a guest "Bomber Fan Expert" during some shows. "Well, this guy runs *THE* Bomber fansite, so he MUST be the biggest Bomber fan there is..." That's why he has the site...
Phhh radio, TV appearances are we're it's at.

At its best it wasn't as good as this site.

This group is much funnier.

at it's best it was pretty ******* epic, but that was a long time ago and a lot of those posters don't do the message board thing anymore. 

Back when men were men, dames were broads, and you could tell a moron that he was a moron without fear of repercussion. 

at it's best it was pretty ******* epic, but that was a long time ago and a lot of those posters don't do the message board thing anymore. 

Back when men were men, dames were broads, and you could tell a moron that he was a moron without fear of repercussion. 

And pour me a scotch damnit!

Oh the glory days.. I miss those.. We had some real good times on that board for a year or two.. Before tep was built it was unreal. This board is coming close to greatness like that..

and you could tell a moron that he was a moron without fear of repercussion. 

This part of your statement warms my heart. Seriously.

Before the days of political correctness. I miss the days of Paul Martin. ;)

This is one of the most active CFL websites around. I don't know the membership numbers but I know it's not in the thousands like Riderfans. But damn, it's busy here & most of us are pretty passionate about the Bombers. I also go on CFL Horsemen which is the only Stamps fan site & there are days you could shoot a cannon through it figuratively speaking & not hit a soul.

From Day 1 here it's never been like that here. It's always been active or busy. Lots of great discussion going on. There's no comparison between here & CFL H. CFL H just doesn't have the traffic this place does. Although that site is pretty friendly & a good one. But it's a different kind of website than what we have going on here as they do social activities & have a tailgate BBQ before every Stamps home game in the McMahon Stadium parking lot. And beers with John Hufnagel & Gord Norrie (Stamps President) where the guys that run CFL H book a room once a year in a pub or bar & the HC & team Prez Norrie actually show up & talk to Stamps fans from CFL H over a few wings & beer. Only members of CFL H can attend. It's pretty cool to be at the same table as John Hufnagel asking questions about the Stampeders & he actually answers them. 

As far as Our Bombers go, Colin let things slide for too long. I don't pretend to know what brought on the schism from OB to why this site was created. But his not being proactive when it happened did the OB in. Now, it's going to be a struggle for Our Bombers to get back to even a quarter of what it used to be. Trying to revive the site nearly 2 years after this place started is going to be very difficult. I have no negative thoughts or bad feelings directed at Colin. He always treated me very well. I like the guy. Now that I'm unbanned (because of that ****** Shankman) if there's something worthwhile to post over there, I'll do it. Just like I will here. I'll support both sites. But this is the place to be no question if you're a Bomber fan. 

if there's something worthwhile to post over there, I'll do it. Just like I will here. I'll support both sites. But this is the place to be no question if you're a Bomber fan. 

Doubt I will. I never got banned or anything and never had a run-in with Shankman, I just don't have a reason to go back since this site meets my needs just fine.

I think that it needs to be noted that people evolve. To suggest that I have a big ego or that I think that I'm the greatest bomber fan of all time comes from what knowledge?  Reading the posts of an 18, 19, 20 year old who was mostly made fun of for being over weight as a child?  I'm 33 now and I'm not the overcompensating adolescent I once was. I still love the Bombers and the Jets for that matter and I'm still very proud of what everyone accomplished back in the heyday of Ourbombers.com.

To suggest I got off on being on the radio is rediculous. I never enjoyed it. It was never my thing to be in front of a microphone or worse yet a television camera which I turned down several times. I stopped being on the radio when I started not returning their requests or simply turning them down when they got a hold of me. I'm more of a hide behind the computer introverted person.

I read this site often and enjoy the insights provided by many posters.

I think that it needs to be noted that people evolve. To suggest that I have a big ego or that I think that I'm the greatest bomber fan of all time comes from what knowledge?  Reading the posts of an 18, 19, 20 year old who was mostly made fun of for being over weight as a child?  I'm 33 now and I'm not the overcompensating adolescent I once was. I still love the Bombers and the Jets for that matter and I'm still very proud of what everyone accomplished back in the heyday of Ourbombers.com.

To suggest I got off on being on the radio is rediculous. I never enjoyed it. It was never my thing to be in front of a microphone or worse yet a television camera which I turned down several times. I stopped being on the radio when I started not returning their requests or simply turning them down when they got a hold of me. I'm more of a hide behind the computer introverted person.

I read this site often and enjoy the insights provided by many posters.

Good to see you post Colin.  Shows a lot of courage to respond in a thread where people are being critical of you (I dont know if its fair or not, no judgments from me).  I do know that as a mostly lurker at OB back in the day, i enjoyed your posts so hopefully you will post here more!

I was a head football coach in Calgary 10 years ago & we made the playoffs. A tv station showed up at our practice unannounced & I was interviewed. It was awkward, I stumbled over my words, the bright light from the camera blinded me as it was done outside at our practice field where it was dark. I did not enjoy the situation. I thought I looked & sounded like a geek even though I did about 3 takes. Actually interviewed twice that season & both times it was nerve wracking. I get where Colin is coming from. 

17 or anyone familiar with the Calgary media may know the guy who interviewed me. It was Joe Sports from Global TV. He unfortunately passed away 6 or7 years ago from cancer. 

I've done a lot of radio and a few TV interviews as well as newspaper articles several times. It can definitely be awkward if you're not used to it. When I was doing commentary for DVDs and hosting events it was easier to do interviews because I was "on" more often.

I was a huge introvert when I was younger. In my mind I have to be "performing" to appear in front of a live audience or do interviews. And that makes it fun. But I certainly understand the awkwardness for sure.

I've done a lot of radio and a few TV interviews as well as newspaper articles several times. It can definitely be awkward if you're not used to it. When I was doing commentary for DVDs and hosting events it was easier to do interviews because I was "on" more often.

I was a huge introvert when I was younger. In my mind I have to be "performing" to appear in front of a live audience or do interviews. And that makes it fun. But I certainly understand the awkwardness for sure.

I kind of got used to it over the coarse of time where I didn't need a shot of JD before going on lol   But there were other factors as well.  I started working a job as a social outreach worker and it made it more difficult to line up times. When CBC would call me it would usually be at 7am to have me on that afternoon at a specific time. And I really couldn't predict where I would be and who i would be with at the time which just made something which was already stressfull for me even more stressfull.

I kind of got used to it over the coarse of time where I didn't need a shot of JD before going on lol   But there were other factors as well.  I started working a job as a social outreach worker and it made it more difficult to line up times. When CBC would call me it would usually be at 7am to have me on that afternoon at a specific time. And I really couldn't predict where I would be and who i would be with at the time which just made something which was already stressfull for me even more stressfull.

I hear ya man.  They usually make requests spur of the moment and less than ideal times.  I used to give comments to media quite often about issues related to bars (liquor laws, gangs, violence etc) and they'd call me and ask if I could come down to the studio "right now" or "where are you right now, our reporter can meet you", thing like that.  You always want to do them but it makes it hard.  Also depends who is asking.  I did a telephone interview with a print journalist which I called in a favour to get as it was coverage of a friends' new hotel opening and at the end he said interview is over and asked how I was looking forward to having the bar close.  I said "well just between you and me it will be nice not to deal with dunk losers all the time".  Guess what quote made print?  Live and learn.