What happened to ourbombers

General Taylor

Shankman single handily killed any chance they had at still running a decent site. **** that guy.

Edit: I just went to check things out over there and there's one topic asking if the site is dead and Shankman says '' This site is far from dead. We can't force people to post.'' Then proceeds to lock the topic. That guy is such a clown. 

It's dead. Been saying that for almost 2 years about Shankman. He definitely is one of the main reasons why that place has died. I hope he likes listening to the sound of crickets chirping. Just checked & as of now the last post was made Tuesday February 3rd at 8:25 pm. Not one post after that. "The Last Post"... Ironic isn't it?

I always liked OB.com & was going to be a regular over there & here. I was even asked to be a mod over there but I said no. However, within a week of Shankman taking over as one of the mods he was busy lecturing people to stay on topic. Even a slight deviance off topic would get a rebuke from the guy. He still acts like a grade one teacher trying to keep his/her students in line. In the first week I was warned three times to stay on topic. I was told to behave or I'd be temporarily banned.Then he & the other mods over there started deleting my posts & the posts of others. I just said the hell with it & left. Nah, the guy is an idiot. I get the sense a lot of members there left & came here because of him.  

I always liked OB.com & was going to be a regular over there & here. I was even asked to be a mod over there but I said no. However, within a week of Shankman taking over as one of the mods he was busy lecturing people to stay on topic. Even a slight deviance off topic would get a rebuke from the guy. He still acts like a grade one teacher trying to keep his/her students in line. In the first week I was warned three times to stay on topic. I was told to behave or I'd be temporarily banned.Then he & the other mods over there started deleting my posts & the posts of others. I just said the hell with it & left. Nah, the guy is an idiot. I get the sense a lot of members there left & came here because of him.  

Not really.

I don't even know who Shankman is. I just know the other place became full of bullshit, and this place has relatively more freedom. *My* internet is that of a wild west, where anything goes. *Their* internet is one of censorship. This place, while not as open and free as CFLZ was, is still closer to how the 'Net should be...

I'm aware of Shankman, and no, he is not made up, although he could be someone's alter-ego.

It's hard to believe someone could be so obsessive when you colour a bit outside the lines.

There should be a little laissez-faire in order to let a conversation run its course.

A form of "seeing where this takes us".

Of course, there must be some kind of traffic lights but it shouldn't always be red.

Shankman did not do that site any favours with that style of moderating.

Not really.

Well Mike, you may be right. Maybe the real answer is somewhere in the middle. After the mass exodus to here when this site opened up in 2013, there were many members who stayed loyal to OB & never followed for one reason or another. Some because they felt they owed Colin. Others because they never heard about this place. Over time, more & more people heard about MBB & came over.  

I've learned over the years that once people decide that a website isn't worth staying with or going to, it never recovers. Some real big CFL sites have come & gone or are still around in skeletal form this past decade or so. I think it's just a matter of time now.

Not really.

Well Mike, you may be right. Maybe the real answer is somewhere in the middle. After the mass exodus to here when this site opened up in 2013, there were many members who stayed loyal to OB & never followed for one reason or another. Some because they felt they owed Colin. Others because they never heard about this place. Over time, more & more people heard about MBB & came over.  

I've learned over the years that once people decide that a website isn't worth staying with or going to, it never recovers. Some real big CFL sites have come & gone or are still around in skeletal form this past decade or so. I think it's just a matter of time now.

A lot of people never heard about this place because the insecure people running ourbombers censored every mention of it. I don't remember why people started leaving, I know why I left, Ourbombers was circling the drain. The quality of conversation had been sliding and when most of the people who were worth reading came here it was a no brainer to follow.

I wasnt an avid poster there but thats where I went for my Bombers news.  I noticed a stark drop off in discussion and asked about it.  Someone (I sadly cannot recall who) PM'ed me and told me about the new site with a clue as to how to find it).  Im more of a reader then a poster so seeing the best posters were here, I came over.  I looked at both sites for awhile but there was no reason to lurk at both when all the action was here.

I never had issues with Mods there but I wasnt a regular poster.  I did hear about many others having Mod issues though.  I do like that this place is looser with the moderation and lets people hash things out themselves more or less.

I even used this site as an example to another site I posted at where someone came here and made some homophobic remarks and was ridiculed into submission (which is the way it should be).  This site won mega brownie points from me for that.

Looks like Colin wants to take his site back under his control... Notice that Shankman guy is no longer a mod..

icon_post_target.pngby Colin Unger » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:05 am

I'm going to be more involved in the site. As a result I have reduced the number of moderators on staff. Thanks for all the hard work to those no longer involved.

Based on feedback I want to make the site more free and open to opinions and let things develop naturally with intervention only when absolutely necessary.

Currently nobody is banned from the website. I am starting with a clean slate with everyone. It's a new day and time for new beginnings and fresh starts. Go Blue Go!

Thanks!

Does Colin make money from that site?  if not, he should just swallow his pride and come here.

Strictly an ego thing for him. He sees himself as the biggest WBB fan of all time, and his owning the site is somehow "proof" of that. It's got him on CBC Radio a few times as a guest "Bomber Fan Expert" during some shows. "Well, this guy runs *THE* Bomber fansite, so he MUST be the biggest Bomber fan there is..."  That's why he has the site...

Yeah it's all about ego, notice how that post mimics the idea that this place has? He knows everyone fled his sinking ship, but people don't go back to old places they left just because the guy got with the times, he's going to have to offer hookers and blow to really get people back. 

Well, if he has to offer that, I can't wait to see what this site will offer to counter that.