Power 97 Flips Formats

Noeller

That Jim Rome fight was great. If you're going to be an antagonizing d bag at least don't fall on the floor and turtle like a little baby.

That Jim Rome fight was great. If you're going to be an antagonizing d bag at least don't fall on the floor and turtle like a little baby.

Everett was 235 lbs & 6'5. He'd have made Romey squeal for his Mommy if he hadn't turtled. I think that put an end to that. But it made Rome famous. 

Size difference means nothing. Especially if you're going to be a ****. If Rome hd stood up and defended himself then at least he wouldn't have looked like a complete tool.

Size means nothing? He towered over Rome. He probably never thought Everett would attack him on television so he acted all tough. I don't mind Jim Rome but he can be a dirt bag when he wants to be.

Can anybody explain the popularity of Wheeler?

Wheeler and Hal back in the day had some hilarious segments... guys fed off each other. I have to say I really enjoy citi morning show with wheeler, Philly, and Rena. They are really funny and have good Chem. Citi is a good station, far and away the best in wpg.

Same goes for Lawless.  We've become a loser media market.  The good ones move up to Edmonton, Calgary or Toronto in a couple years, the mediocre ones stay and become local stars.

The worst part of Wheeler is his ridiculous level of arrogance in real-life.  He attended a friend of mine's wedding a few years back when he was still on Power with Hal and got into it with one of the bridesmaids because she didn't know who he was and was completely unimpressed when he kept announcing who he was.  This resulted in everyone laughing at him for the rest of the night, which he didn't seem to understand.  One of the few times he's made me laugh.

I've only met Lawless once, at Labour Day a few years ago.  I don't often agree with his takes and don't really respect his point of view, but he at least seems like a normal guy who doesn't take himself seriously in an intense fashion all of the time.

Same goes for Lawless.  We've become a loser media market.  The good ones move up to Edmonton, Calgary or Toronto in a couple years, the mediocre ones stay and become local stars.

The worst part of Wheeler is his ridiculous level of arrogance in real-life.  He attended a friend of mine's wedding a few years back when he was still on Power with Hal and got into it with one of the bridesmaids because she didn't know who he was and was completely unimpressed when he kept announcing who he was.  This resulted in everyone laughing at him for the rest of the night, which he didn't seem to understand.  One of the few times he's made me laugh.

I've only met Lawless once, at Labour Day a few years ago.  I don't often agree with his takes and don't really respect his point of view, but he at least seems like a normal guy who doesn't take himself seriously in an intense fashion all of the time.

Wheeler = ******

No big loss.  POWER was terrible for a long time.  Not that any radio music station is any good. 

No surprise they're trying country, it's hot right now.  You'd be surprised how country fans are in Manitoba.  (not me however)

They arent country.  They were just messing with people.  They are Classic Rock.

I guess there is a segment of the population that can't get enough of a man saying "cameltoe" on the radio.  That seems to be what he's built his career on.

The move to 92 was fine by me.  It took the average number of times I said "Shut up Wheeler" on my drive to work from 5 all the way down to 0.

No big loss.  POWER was terrible for a long time.  Not that any radio music station is any good. 

No surprise they're trying country, it's hot right now.  You'd be surprised how country fans are in Manitoba.  (not me however)

They arent country.  They were just messing with people.  They are Classic Rock.

Oh?  Guess I got smacked.

Practically never listen to the radio, but I do have a little shower radio I'll listen to in there.

I assume whatever the changes are the main formula of playing the occasional song in between the commercials will remain the same.