Jets @ Stars

IC Khari

I don't agree, they will be playing Chicago on a back to back...point wise we will never catch them...tonight we have a team chasing us...we need this win worse.

Great message to send to the team.  Boys we'll never beat Chicago so don't worry about this one.

Don't be silly...who is going to say that? and so what if it is somehow implied...still remains...we need this game more. How do you know Hutch doesn't start both games back to back or not?

Start Pav, he has played well the last couple games, Well enough to win at least... We need both of these games and since it's back to back and Hutch has owned Chicago this year, we are 2-0 vs Chicago in Chicago this year, Hutch goes tomorrow. 

Fun fact: the last week or so the Jets are one of the highest if not the highest scoring team in the league, averaging over 4 goals per game (minus the arizona debacle).

Start Pav, he plays well vs Dallas. Start Hutch tomorrow in Chicago. He's 2-0 vs them this season. 

I just find this to be such an odd argument.  Chicago is up 6 points on Winnipeg and Winnipeg is up 7 on Dallas, but Dallas has a better chance of catching Winnipeg than Winnipeg has of catching Chicago?

It makes no sense at all really. Plus we have owned Chicago this year, that might change but so far 2-0 vs them... 

Dallas has very little chance of catching us and or making the playoffs, they go on these runs this year where they win for a week then they lose for 2.. I'm honestly more concerned about the Chicago game than i am about tonight. IMO, if we play like we did vs LA, ANAHEIM and Flordia, we win this one tonight in a route. Dallas is not good, they are one of the worst defensive teams in the league. That's their issue this year, their D and goaltending is terrible. 

Pavs gets the start.  I agree with it.  Play the better goalie against the better team... Hutch gets Chicago.

Behind closed doors, I'm curious to know where Pavelec's headspace is with this hybrid rotation approach Maurice has taken.

I'm not sure what he has said to the media, but how does this approach really sit with him. 

Pavs gets the start.  I agree with it.  Play the better goalie against the better team... Hutch gets Chicago.

Behind closed doors, I'm curious to know where Pavelec's headspace is with this hybrid rotation approach Maurice has taken.

I'm not sure what he has said to the media, but how does this approach really sit with him. 

I'm positive he hates it.  He is a 60+ game guy for the last what, 3 years?  Not including the lockout of course.  And it shows in his play.  He has always done better in long stretches of uninterrupted work... the rotation hasn't been great to him.

I'm positive he hates it.  He is a 60+ game guy for the last what, 3 years?  Not including the lockout of course.  And it shows in his play.  He has always done better in long stretches of uninterrupted work... the rotation hasn't been great to him.

Let's say, for argument sake, that is indeed the case. So, a) has his hate translated into affecting his play outside of not getting the minutes? and B) does this hate reflect on what kind of team player he is controlling for the competitive nature most elite athletes have. When Claude Noel was fired and the Jets went on a winning streak with Maurice at the Helm, I remember Pavelec commenting that Maurice was good at letting them know how good they were (implying Noel didn't). Where is his thought process now with Maurice who has moved to a hybrid rotational basis?

Ha great tune there actually. In non Jets related however Central Division related news, UH OH in Nashville.. Pekka Rinne, IMO, the best goalie in the league when he is healthy, numbers back that up too, Out 3-5 weeks with LBI. 

3-5 weeks??  I thought they said next 3 games + All Star weekend.

Ha great tune there actually. In non Jets related however Central Division related news, UH OH in Nashville.. Pekka Rinne, IMO, the best goalie in the league when he is healthy, numbers back that up too, Out 3-5 weeks with LBI.

3-5 weeks?? I thought they said next 3 games + All Star weekend.
Nope, it's 3-5 weeks.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=748770

Nope, it's 3-5 weeks.

Well that's fantastic news.  For us, I mean.

It's kind of a huge blow to Nashville. Their AHL goalie has been playing well but... It's Hutton time now. I guess if you want to do a comparable here.. and I'm not saying they are equal cuz Rinne is the best goalie in the world but.. Rinne is to Nashville what Hutch is to the Jets and Hutton to Nashville is what Pavelec is to the Jets. Pretty big drop off there in terms of numbers, that being goals against and save percentage and wins for that matter. 

The only silver lining for the Preds is i believe they only play Eastern teams until the all star break. I believe their schedule is rather soft the next few weeks too. 

Nope, it's 3-5 weeks.

Well that's fantastic news.  For us, I mean.

Hopefully for my fantasy team as well.  Lining up my trade proposals for Rinne's owner.