Willy, Bellefeuille, this one is on you guys!

USABomberfan

I think willy is getting mind ****** by his oline. He gets hit all the time and sacked all the time. The oline blws so bad that he's shell shocked a bit. dude gets happy feet like Glenn and Burris and other when he is getting run over. The right outside oline man was brutal.

A lot of time there was no one down field open without a defender within a yard or two. Re watch the came guys.

Willy was still shitty, but the whole offence was shitty last year and it was again this year minus a great start.

Willy was terrible tonight. Be it the Oline, holding the ball too long, receivers not being open, shell shock or all of the above.

Still, can't get rid of him for this.

Some points to consider:

1. outside of Denmark, Moore and Kolhert are our receivers good enough?

2. Does Marcel include outlet receivers in his offense like other teams do?

3. How hurt is Willy right now?

I don't get this "holding onto the football too long because he's getting beat up" routine. It makes absolutely no sense. If that was me or anybody else, They'd be throwing the football on the first step of a 3 step drop. Or 3rd on a 5 to get rid of the ball faster just so as not to get hit anymore. They wouldn't be holding onto the football. Why would Willy hold onto the football so long? To get beat up even more?? Hardly. If qbs are under duress they don't hold onto the football even longer to get hit even more. Truth was  his receivers weren't getting open or weren't getting to where they should be. This isn't on Willy, it was the BC Lions linebackers & defensive backfield taking away our passing game. We never adjusted underneath to get rid of the football faster as the game went on. Where were the quick passes??? It was all intermediate 15-25 yard routes that MB was calling. He did little to help his qb.That's on Bellefeuille not Willy. 

Ok iso - can you try to explain the last play then please? It was a hail mary if you recall, or at least, it should have been. Now, I was watching on TV, I wasn't at the game, so it is possible (but highly improbable) that all his receivers were tackled at the line of scrimmage. 

A Hail Mary is the easist throw in football to make. The QB stands back, counts to 3 or 4 than throws to a pre-determined spot and hope for one of two things - a Miracle Catch or a PI call. 

He stood there for about 4 second, then ran laterally to his left which means he can't throw, then he gets sacked. You can't defend that play iso, it's undefendable. All Willy had to do was throw the ball, and he didn't. That's on him 100%, and there were other times he receivers were open, He can't see them iso - Marve and Brohm play with the same players - they had no issues did they?

First the receivers have to get to that so called spot to try to catch a Hail mary. If they are late getting there what's the point of throwing to no one in open space? Or a qb can try to extend the play by a second or two by running outside the pocket, reset & throw deep so the receivers can get where they need to be. The problem was all night the camera was on the qb not the receivers so we have no freaking way of knowing why Willy was holding onto the football longer. I just know that qbs are like everybody else. If they're getting beat up they don't stand there absorbing even more punishment. They hurry their throws. They hurry & don't take longer. I suspect a very good BC defense had a lot to do with not letting our receivers get open & that's why Willy was holding onto the football. And if that is true, then why weren't we changing up the play calling? More Cotton, more run, more PAP, shorter quicker routes, etc, Nothing changed as the game went on... Bellefeuille has a lot to answer for. 

I agree, Wily was freaking terrible and should be ashamed with himself.

11 sacks 80% of which were his own fault.

Quite frankly, anybody who disagreed and was standing in front of me tonight, I may be drunk but i know what I know and I'd punch him in the face for outright stupidity. Seriously, some plays Willy had all bloody day but he'd then pull down the ball and run right into a BC defender for no bloody reason. Soo freaking aggravating it's ridiculous.

Yup.. Threats of violence always make your point more valid..

Smh.

No - thats more frustration I get what he's saying. It can be infuriating when a 'fan' only see's what they want to see. Willy had all kinds of time to throw, he had receivers open. It was hilarious, on the telecast, Suitor tried to make a point that all the receivers were covered. The 'short' receiver was about 6 yards underneath the coverage, but of course Suits was on a roll so he said he was 'covered'. 

About 10 minutes of game time after that, Beck got the snap, turned, and fired a dart to Gore I believe it was, who was 'wide open' just like the bomber receiver was above, only the bomber defender was about 3 yards off him. It's amazing all the apologists there are for Drew 'freakin' Willy. 

At least more fans are finally starting to see what I've been seeing since mid-August. He hasn't nearly been good enough, and tonight was his worst start yet (but low an behold he finally threw another TD pass). 

But yeah, I get his frustration. 

Unless you know what the read progression is on the play that is called, it is impossible to say "he had receivers open."  Probably the biggest fallacy in football from a fans point of view, when everyone goes "hey, that guy is open!"  Ya, but it's the QB's 6th read, and the by the time the ball gets to him the DB or LB is going to completely fill in the "opening" most of the time.  About as dumb as the people who yell "shoot" all the time on the powerplay at a hockey game.

I don't get this "holding onto the football too long because he's getting beat up" routine. It makes absolutely no sense. If that was me or anybody else, They'd be throwing the football on the first step of a 3 step drop. Or 3rd on a 5 to get rid of the ball faster just so as not to get hit anymore. They wouldn't be holding onto the football. Why would Willy hold onto the football so long? To get beat up even more?? Hardly. If qbs are under duress they don't hold onto the football even longer to get hit even more. Truth was  his receivers weren't getting open or weren't getting to where they should be. This isn't on Willy, it was the BC Lions linebackers & defensive backfield taking away our passing game. We never adjusted underneath to get rid of the football faster as the game went on. Where were the quick passes??? It was all intermediate 15-25 yard routes that MB was calling. He did little to help his qb.That's on Bellefeuille not Willy. 

Ok iso - can you try to explain the last play then please? It was a hail mary if you recall, or at least, it should have been. Now, I was watching on TV, I wasn't at the game, so it is possible (but highly improbable) that all his receivers were tackled at the line of scrimmage. 

A Hail Mary is the easist throw in football to make. The QB stands back, counts to 3 or 4 than throws to a pre-determined spot and hope for one of two things - a Miracle Catch or a PI call. 

He stood there for about 4 second, then ran laterally to his left which means he can't throw, then he gets sacked. You can't defend that play iso, it's undefendable. All Willy had to do was throw the ball, and he didn't. That's on him 100%, and there were other times he receivers were open, He can't see them iso - Marve and Brohm play with the same players - they had no issues did they?

First the receivers have to get to that so called spot to try to catch a Hail mary. If they are late getting there what's the point of throwing to no one in open space? Or a qb can try to extend the play by a second or two by running outside the pocket, reset & throw deep so the receivers can get where they need to be. The problem was all night the camera was on the qb not the receivers so we have no freaking way of knowing why Willy was holding onto the football longer. I just know that qbs are like everybody else. If they're getting beat up they don't stand there absorbing even more punishment. They hurry their throws. They hurry & don't take longer. I suspect a very good BC defense had a lot to do with not letting our receivers get open & that's why Willy was holding onto the football. And if that is true, then why weren't we changing up the play calling? More Cotton, more run, more PAP, shorter quicker routes, etc, Nothing changed as the game went on... Bellefeuille has a lot to answer for. 

I agree with a lot of your points, but remember Suits showed two plays where he had wide open receivers - Cotton on a crossing pattern and another 'short man'' where his 'coverage' was 6 yards behind him. Willy took sacks both times. 

No matter what the excuse, it's just that - an excuse. Willy is not getting the job done, hasn't for weeks now. Marve must start next week, watching Brohm and Marve last week against Calgary underlined that point. Those guys did ok with the same oline and same receivers. Both made plays, especially Marve. Willy - not so much. 

Quite frankly, anybody who disagreed and was standing in front of me tonight, I may be drunk but i know what I know and I'd punch him in the face for outright stupidity. Seriously, some plays Willy had all bloody day but he'd then pull down the ball and run right into a BC defender for no bloody reason. Soo freaking aggravating it's ridiculous.

Smh.

No - thats more frustration I get what he's saying. It can be infuriating when a 'fan' only see's what they want to see. Willy had all kinds of time to throw, he had receivers open. It was hilarious, on the telecast, Suitor tried to make a point that all the receivers were covered. The 'short' receiver was about 6 yards underneath the coverage, but of course Suits was on a roll so he said he was 'covered'. 

About 10 minutes of game time after that, Beck got the snap, turned, and fired a dart to Gore I believe it was, who was 'wide open' just like the bomber receiver was above, only the bomber defender was about 3 yards off him. It's amazing all the apologists there are for Drew 'freakin' Willy. 

At least more fans are finally starting to see what I've been seeing since mid-August. He hasn't nearly been good enough, and tonight was his worst start yet (but low an behold he finally threw another TD pass). 

Unless you know what the read progression is on the play that is called, it is impossible to say "he had receivers open."  Probably the biggest fallacy in football from a fans point of view, when everyone goes "hey, that guy is open!"  Ya, but it's the QB's 6th read, and the by the time the ball gets to him the DB or LB is going to completely fill in the "opening" most of the time.  About as dumb as the people who yell "shoot" all the time on the powerplay at a hockey game.

Are you a pro Qb? Juran, I'll ask you then you seem to 'know your stuff'. Explain to me how our second stringer, Brian Brohm, and our third stringers, Robert Marve, can, with the same receivers, same oline, and same OC, and same play calling, make plays, and Willy can't? This is a legit question 'cause I definitely don't have a clue. 

Thanks in advance :)

Smh.

Invalid(preditictable, predetermined opinion based on prior posts) opinion from the biggest Willy apologist/bombers -oline hater I've seen through hte season.

Smh.

Are you a pro Qb? Juran, I'll ask you then you seem to 'know your stuff'. Explain to me how our second stringer, Brian Brohm, and our third stringers, Robert Marve, can, with the same receivers, same oline, and same OC, and same play calling, make plays, and Willy can't? This is a legit question 'cause I definitely don't have a clue. 

He wont' even try to, his mind is made up regarding the problems to our team. He'll just make some more silly remarks regarding our o-line.

I love it when fans who can't throw a football 10 yards or hit the broadside of a barn from 20 feet away & don't know the difference between a football & a foot stool because they're nothing but armchair qbs can suddenly read defenses when all they show on tv is the qb dropping back to pass. I mean, it stands to reason that it's the qbs fault then according to them. Let's not give any credit to the Lions defense or criticize Bellefeuille for a lousy game play calling & never adjusting to what the Lions were taking away...So it has to be on Willy... Sure. 

Smh.

JBR knows his stuff kptcrunch. I believe that he has played & coached. If I were you then I'd  take him seriously on what he said. 

Smh.

Unless you know what the read progression is on the play that is called, it is impossible to say "he had receivers open." Probably the biggest fallacy in football from a fans point of view, when everyone goes "hey, that guy is open!" Ya, but it's the QB's 6th read, and the by the time the ball gets to him the DB or LB is going to completely fill in the "opening" most of the time. About as dumb as the people who yell "shoot" all the time on the powerplay at a hockey game.

Invalid(preditictable, predetermined opinion based on prior posts) opinion from the biggest Willy apologist/bombers -oline hater I've seen through hte season.

Lmfao lololol did you essentially call one of the most football knowledgable posters on our board a liar or an idiot?

Im at the point where your posts are getting borderline moronic..

Lmfao lololol did you essentially call one of the most football knowledgable posters on our board a liar or an idiot?

I didn't call him any oif those things(you really need to learn to read or maybe just learn to comprehend what you read), I simply said his judgement is blinded by what he wants to see rather than by what is actually happening. So his opinions after every single game are predictable and the same every game. He doesn't put blame where it lies, he puts blame at the same spot every time, whether it deserves it or not.

I didn't call him any oif those things(you really need to learn to read or maybe just learn to comprehend what you read), I simply said his judgement is blinded by what he wants to see rather than by what is actually happening. So his opinions after every single game are predictable and the same eAnd very game. He doesn't put blame where it lies, he puts blame at the same spot every time, whether it deserves it or not.

And your opinion isn't blinded I suppose? Next. 

I didn't call him any oif those things(you really need to learn to read or maybe just learn to comprehend what you read), I simply said his judgement is blinded by what he wants to see rather than by what is actually happening. So his opinions after every single game are predictable and the same every game. He doesn't put blame where it lies, he puts blame at the same spot every time, whether it deserves it or not.

Yup.. Yer cracked out. You realize what you say conveys a message even if you attempt to disguise it in asinine drivel? Implying JBR doesnt know what hes talking about and implying he is deliberately misplacing blame (aka lying!) Is what you've just said...

I know your dumb but your not as dumb as your making yourself out to be here, are you?

There's absolutely no excuses for such a terrible game from Willy. His performance was an abomination, and there's no reason for ANYONE to defend him. I can't fathom how anyone could watch that game and think that he was anything else but horrendous.

Okay, other than saying the same thing over & over & over about how bad Willy is/was/ always will be, you tell us why a qb who suffered thru 11 sacks tonight would hold onto the football too long instead of getting rid of it quicker. I'd be interested to read what you have to say. Go ahead... Oh & don't give me that shell shocked answer as it is more complex than that. Shell shocked means he'd be panicking & throwing the football too early. I want a real insightful answer. 

There's absolutely no excuses for such a terrible game from Willy. His performance was an abomination, and there's no reason for ANYONE to defend him. I can't fathom how anyone could watch that game and think that he was anything else but horrendous.

Okay, other than saying the same thing over & over & over about how bad Willy is/was/ always will be, you tell us why a qb who suffered thru 11 sacks tonight would hold onto the football too long instead of getting rid of it quicker. I'd be interested to read what you have to say. Go ahead... Oh & don't give me that shell shocked answer as it is more complex than that. Shell shocked means he'd be panicking & throwing the football too early. I want a real insightful answer. 

How am I supposed to know what's going on in his head?? Maybe it's just a lack of pocket awareness (as has been on display all year), or a case of Willy trying to protect his stats, as SmokinBlue suggested? I surely hope it's not the latter...

Smh.

Willy had a bad game.  Doesn't change the point of my other^ post, we can't know if he had receivers "open" or not because we don't know what he was looking at before or during the play.  Unless you have access to the coaches film it's a complete assumption to make watching on TV or from the stands. 

BC has a great secondary, that's part of it.  Our scheme with Willy doesn't move him around a lot.  Hard for us to say if that is Bellefeuille's fault, Willy's fault (in terms of him preferring to take a straight drop) or a combination.  Our scheme for Brohm vs Calgary moved him and the pocket around a lot, even though he isn't a "mobile" QB.  Did he "make plays?"  I wouldn't say he did anything special.  He was steady, but it was pretty obvious that the game was simplified for him with the rollouts which essentially shorten the field, make throws and reads a little quicker.  Marve was just blind luck IMO, and even at that he completed 50% of his passes while continually putting the ball in harms way.

Why they don't do for Willy what they did for Brohm (it sure worked) is my question.

How am I supposed to know what's going on in his head?? Maybe it's just a lack of pocket awareness (as has been on display all year), or a case of Willy trying to protect his stats, as SmokinBlue suggested? I surely hope it's not the latter...

It's a little of a, a little of b, and a lot of just being a terrible runner and having terrible agility. So many times where any half decent athlete, even Ricky Ray would escape, but Willy gets tripped up by nothing. Again, most of the time he runs into the tackles, doesn't look to throw while he's running and overall even with nobody within 5 yards from him, he starts hopping up and down and panicking when he doesn't have to, almost every play.