On Burris and Irony

Zontar

There will be no trade for Burris, it's just Madani stirring the pot & being a mouthpiece for Desjardins. And like I stated for the past 2 weeks....

@robvanstone: The word from Durant and the Roughriders' medical people is that there's an excellent chance of #4 returning at some point in 2014.

It's funny that you accuse Madani of being a franchises media mouthpiece and then quote Rob Vanstone of all people as your source for Durants health.
Vanstone provided his source, Durant & the team.

Didn't you just say Madani is a "mouthpiece" for Desjardins, implying that was his source???
Vanstone stated who is source was, the team itself.

There will be no trade for Burris, it's just Madani stirring the pot & being a mouthpiece for Desjardins. And like I stated for the past 2 weeks....

@robvanstone: The word from Durant and the Roughriders' medical people is that there's an excellent chance of #4 returning at some point in 2014.

It's funny that you accuse Madani of being a franchises media mouthpiece and then quote Rob Vanstone of all people as your source for Durants health.

No bias there.

Who would you rather have as a source for Durant's health?

Not the point, the point here is spin, you know, what you are doing. They're putting a shiny happy face on things so the fans and team don't panic. "Don't worry Durant will be back soon and it'll all get better" any thing to take the minds off the shut out loss. 

No bias there.

Not the point, the point here is spin, you know, what you are doing. They're putting a shiny happy face on things so the fans and team don't panic. "Don't worry Durant will be back soon and it'll all get better" any thing to take the minds off the shut out loss.
That conspiracy theory makes no sense. Are you suggesting that the Riders medical staff are being dishonest so they can give Riders fans false hope? Sorry but that is tinfoil hat material as that is the last thing you want to do if Durant can't come back.

No bias there.

That conspiracy theory makes no sense. Are you suggesting that the Riders medical staff are being dishonest so they can give Riders fans false hope? Sorry but that is tinfoil hat material as that is the last thing you want to do if Durant can't come back.

The team saying it doesn't mean it's what the doctors say. Teams in all sports give optimistic recovery times constantly.

No bias there.

The team saying it doesn't mean it's what the doctors say. Teams in all sports give optimistic recovery times constantly.
No they don't.

Wouldn't that be the Riders medical staff who Vanstone mentioned in his tweet?

I didn't read the damn tweet because I honestly don't care as this is just Riders **** that holds no interest for me. Sorry for feeding the troll. I honestly shuddered when I saw that Migs was allowed here, and sure enough, the same **** is happening as happened on Ourbombers - way too much Rider garbage.

No bias there.

You really are thick aren't you? They are saying the absolute 100% best case scenario. Kind of like the Lions were putting on the brave face in the offseason with the best case for Lulay coming back. Happens  allllllllllllll the time in pro sports. 

My original theory was a three way trade involving Montreal with Troy Smith going to Ottawa.... Nicholls may also make sense.

Except for the part where Troy Smith had actual trade value... other than that, pretty solid.

I can't remember the original idea but Smith would be the throw in with other picks.

Declining a first round pick and 'more' for a 39 year old quarterback...  That officially puts Desjardin past Joe Mack as worst GM in CFL history.

There is no way that offer was on the table. I'd fire Taman on the spot if he made that move.

Taman has never shied away from trading first round picks for quarterbacks though, in fact I'm pretty sure he's been quoted as saying that first round picks for qbs or starting NIs is a no brainer or something similar. 

Declining a first round pick and 'more' for a 39 year old quarterback...  That officially puts Desjardin past Joe Mack as worst GM in CFL history.

There is no way that offer was on the table. I'd fire Taman on the spot if he made that move.

Taman has never shied away from trading first round picks for quarterbacks though, in fact I'm pretty sure he's been quoted as saying that first round picks for qbs or starting NIs is a no brainer or something similar. 

Unless he has gotten wiser with age that is exactly the kind of trade Taman would do.

What you are saying is true. But a 1st round pick and a starter off our roster for Burris, no way man, no way. Even if I am wrong, why wouldn't the Redblacks have jumped at it? Burris has had a pretty good career but he is done.

Unless he has gotten wiser with age that is exactly the kind of trade Taman would do.

Serious question. Haven't we all gotten wiser with age? or at least most of us? Taman has made some good moves for us, and I'm really trying to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one until I hear otherwise.

Can't remember who posted it but I read Rob Bagg for Matt Nichols is in the works

This makes a lot more sense than Burris. I'm a big fan of Matt Nichols and I think he'll do quite well behind a strong Rider O-line.   

You would have to think it wouldn't happen until after the Riders and Esks play though right? Don't want to get burned giving a team you're close in the standings to a qb. 

Or you would not want to give the rider fans a chance to make Nichols life so miserable he too would not want to go to Regina.