Tweaking Our Current Receivers

BigBlue

More blockers is trading pressure sacks for coverage sacks

Coverage sacks are just good defence, they happen but the ball should in the 5th row by then aways.

Exactly its a fine line between the 2 however a good offense will switch between the 2 and see what works better MB seems to be more stubborn...As far a getting the FBs more involved I am all for it... passing once or twice a year ( to date away ) doesn't make sense I would use it until teams start respecting it...

McGuffie Time ?

Time for Some Hurdling ?

Time for a Spark ?

Here's an idea Sit Romby and play a younger faster heavier player that will try and break tackles instead of avoiding them.

Rombys time has passed he can still run yes but he doesn't go into the tough areas and he doesn't seem to have chemistry with Willy...

Thought Bryant had his first real good game vs Hamilton, odd time to crap on him now, think he was sufficient, definitely turned a few short passes in to big plays, get bryant in space so he can use that speed and he's effective, trying to hit him on 40 yard passes? not so much.

Play calling has been suspect too, pretty much what to expect from Marcel tho, not sure why we have gotten away from what was working earlier in the year.. Do notice this, when they go to the hurry up offence they are much more effective. Probably should run the hurry up offence more. And I think i understand why, because they probably don't have much faith in the oline but... grigsby needs more carries and more touches, whether its screen passes, bubble passes, whatever.. whether its handing off the ball, 10 carries a game ain't enough. This is why i don't get people who want to see another running back on the game day roster, we don't use the one we have enough so why put another one on there, why? so he won't be used either. You got a pretty good weapon back there in Grigsby, he needs more touches. Stop with the running up the middle crap, it doesn't work, grigsby's best runs are to the outside, go there more often. 

Thought Bryant had his first real good game vs Hamilton, odd time to crap on him now, think he was sufficient, definitely turned a few short passes in to big plays, get bryant in space so he can use that speed and he's effective, trying to hit him on 40 yard passes? not so much.

Play calling has been suspect too, pretty much what to expect from Marcel tho, not sure why we have gotten away from what was working earlier in the year.. Do notice this, when they go to the hurry up offence they are much more effective. Probably should run the hurry up offence more. 

Yes Romby had his best game but overall I haven't been impress and I was a fan of bring him in. I just think the offense needs a spark and McGuffie might be the ticket and who else would you take out ? Or the bomber should start 2 Internationals on the Online and just add in McGuffie. We are not the same offense without Moore in the lineup so just trying to think of who else might be a spark...

Play calling has been suspect too, pretty much what to expect from Marcel tho, not sure why we have gotten away from what was working earlier in the year.. Do notice this, when they go to the hurry up offence they are much more effective. Probably should run the hurry up offence more. 

Yes Romby had his best game but overall I haven't been impress and I was a fan of bring him in. I just think the offense needs a spark and McGuffie might be the ticket and who else would you take out ? Or the bomber should start 2 Internationals on the Online and just add in McGuffie. We are not the same offense without Moore in the lineup so just trying to think of who else might be a spark...

I'd like to see McGuffie too, from all reports he looks very good in Practice. Not sure, Think getting Moore back is huge, but.. who else? I dunno, i agree with maybe going with just 2 Americans on the oline and starting another Canadian there, could it be much worse? Who though? I dunno, Neufeld? Goossen? Hinse? Swiston? 2 are centers and our center has actually been pretty good this season, Morley has probably been our best oline this year, says something don't it when a converted guard/tackle is our best oline at center. 

Agree with wanting to see the "3 hour mauler" in Chad Anderson, Maybe replace January with Anderson and the oline improves? I dunno. 

In all honesty though, I think if we could just eliminate the mistakes, we probably win more. That's whats killing us, our offence actually moves the ball, our D, the only TD they allowed was on the blocked punt thing, they played well and have now for a few weeks, Eliminate the mistakes and the costly turnovers like the blocked punt that lead to hamiltons only td and i think we win more, maybe thats whats most frustrating about this little streak, we have played well enough to win most games(not the bc game) but the other games, man its the stupid turnovers and stupid penalties but more so the turnovers that are killing us. 

Julian played with a lot of enthusiasm, made some big plays, I would like to see him get more chances.

The team played well when he was in there. Offence was better than it is now. Why isn't he playing more?

I think the CFL is something of a consolation prize for some of these Americans, while for most Canadian players, they are very happy to be on a CFL team and contributing.

Andrew Harris, John Cornish.

Why doesn't our Canadian Running back get a chance to play? Looked pretty good to me the few times I've seen him.

Sometimes the coaches seem to favour Americans just cause they're Americans.

Why doesn't our Canadian Running back get a chance to play? Looked pretty good to me the few times I've seen him.

because he has had a bad case of fumblitis througout his career.

So that's why they are keeping him around? So he can fumble some more? Adrian Peterson used to fumble on a regular basis but he fixed that problem, so why can't Volny?

Julian played with a lot of enthusiasm, made some big plays, I would like to see him get more chances.

The team played well when he was in there. Offence was better than it is now. Why isn't he playing more?

I think the CFL is something of a consolation prize for some of these Americans, while for most Canadian players, they are very happy to be on a CFL team and contributing.

And the Bombers favour Americans on the Oline ( As bad as it is )

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming 

Now Canadian running back Carl Volny is taking reps with the #Bombers first-team O.

because he has had a bad case of fumblitis througout his career.

So that's why they are keeping him around? So he can fumble some more? Adrian Peterson used to fumble on a regular basis but he fixed that problem, so why can't Volny?

they are obviously keeping him around because they like his work on special teams and feel that in a pinch he can handle the load, like if there's an injury in the game he can fill in. You realize that teams need depth players right? 

I hope Walters is shopping Watson heavily heading towards the trade deadline.  He's pretty close to the end of his useful career as a CFL receiver IMO.  He might bounce around for another 3-4 years, but he's not going to be a top NI target.  I could see Montreal and Toronto both being pretty interested, although Toronto has done a good job of drafting NI receivers, and they might prefer a guy like Adjei to Watson.  Saskatchewan might be interested too with Getzlaf slumping and a few of their regular NI contributors on offence on IR.

" He might bounce around for another 3-4 years" are you insane ... that's a career for most players .... he is our best blocker at receiver and reliable .... problem is we use him as a blocker too much and a receiver not enough .... he is in his prime now

I'd keep Watson. We keep talking about CDN depth and how in need of it we are. Let's not get rid of it where we have it.

Pish posh, all we need is a pulse and a passport, guys like Watson are a dime a dozen...

Getting rid of a NI starter in exchange for a middling draft pick is a surefire way to build a cup contender.

I'd keep Watson. We keep talking about CDN depth and how in need of it we are. Let's not get rid of it where we have it.

Pish posh, all we need is a pulse and a passport, guys like Watson are a dime a dozen...

Getting rid of a NI starter in exchange for a middling draft pick is a surefire way to build a cup contender.

Not too hard to replace his production when he can't stay in the lineup.

Denmark, C WPG 51 750 14.7 58 1

Kelly, A WPG 39 515 13.2 47 3

Moore, N WPG 32 469 14.7 51 0

Grigsby, N WPG 51 421 8.3 45 1

Kohlert, R WPG 27 348 12.9 37 3

Bryant, R WPG 17 207 12.2 47 0

Watson, C WPG 14 203 14.5 47 3

Feoli-Gudino, J WPG 23 200 8.7 22 2

Now aren't those some interesting numbers there... only one receiver is less than 12 yards per catch.... just saying. He's not a bad possession guy but he isn't as versatile as the other guys. 

Pulse and a passport is all it takes, eh?  Talent?  Pffft.

Wonder how much longer BC is going to put up with that Andrew Harris clown?  He's injured again.  At least they can rest assured that his production won't be hard to replace.

I wouldn't trade him for just anything, but if we got offered a pick in the top 2 rounds in the 2015 draft, we'd be crazy to turn it down.  Receiver is a relatively easy spot to find Canadians who can play (Kohlert and JFG are scrap heap guys), and Watson's value to our team is declining rapidly.  We are desperately in need of Canadians who can play on D and OL, it might take moving out a guy like Watson to improve those areas, which IMO are more important, and more difficult to fill beyond the draft.

LOL...I had to reread your post a few times, but I finally caught on that you were being sarcastic.

Not just a hat rack my friend.

tumblr_l70cgtaSJv1qar010o1_250.gif

Pulse and a passport is all it takes, eh?  Talent?  Pffft.

Wonder how much longer BC is going to put up with that Andrew Harris clown?  He's injured again.  At least they can rest assured that his production won't be hard to replace.

Given the choice, which one would you rather have on your team?

Now aren't those some interesting numbers there... only one receiver is less than 12 yards per catch.... just saying. He's not a bad possession guy but he isn't as versatile as the other guys. 

and, he has more TD's than Moore & Denmark combined :huh:

and, he has more TD's than Moore & Denmark combined :huh:

Setting the bar low doesn't impress me. 

JFG's YPC is low because he was largely being given swing and shoot routes (and he was pretty effective at them).

If you're saying they had to change the types of routes they asked from that position to suit the player then you're really not disagreeing with me. 

JFG's YPC is low because he was largely being given swing and shoot routes (and he was pretty effective at them).

If you're saying they had to change the types of routes they asked from that position to suit the player then you're really not disagreeing with me. 

He was really good at running a particular route, therefore was given more opportunities there. It's actually a route that not all of our receivers are suited to.  He's one that can do it.  Does that make him less versatile, or more versatile? Surely a player's YPC does not determine their versatility, just shows more or less what they are being primarily used for.